Level 1 VAB part limit on science mode

On 7/31/2022 at 6:32 PM, KspIsCool said:

please  fix this squad.

While I admire your blissfully innocent plea (welcome to the forum btw!), KSP development and bugfixing ended (sorry, "slowed down") a while ago.

Spoiler

However: you may have more success getting a fix through the modding community. I suggest asking in this thread:

EDIT: Sorry, just now noticed this was posted in the console forum, which means no mods to help you out, so my suggestion is not valid.

Edited by swjr-swis
was this moved? oops

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 10:32 AM, KspIsCool said:

I went into the SPH from the VAB in science mode and now I have the level one part limit when i still have all my parts unlocked. please  fix this squad.

The oldest trick in the book! Pretend like the kraken put that button there, and you should have no issue.

On 7/31/2022 at 10:32 AM, KspIsCool said:

I went into the SPH from the VAB in science mode and now I have the level one part limit when i still have all my parts unlocked. please  fix this squad.

Try turning KSP off and back on again

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2022 at 4:58 AM, RE-I2 Skiff said:

good to know that this is a universal bug it seems, my idea would be to just switch to career mode, maybe that fixes it, im in the process of finding out

Other than reloading, you could try going to a different save and then coming back? Occasionally when I crash my huge motherships, the game completely breaks (you can't open anything in the KSC) and turning it off and then back on again works pretty well.

3 hours ago, Akagi said:

Other than reloading, you could try going to a different save and then coming back? Occasionally when I crash my huge motherships, the game completely breaks (you can't open anything in the KSC) and turning it off and then back on again works pretty well.

I have tried making a career with cheats and all the buildings upgraded and the switching to it whenever the bug occured but it didn't fix it. The switch editor button in the VAB/SPH is the cause of this bug i think. When you load the VAB for the first time since restarting it works just fine, but if you click the switch editor button twice the bug activates

Take that back, switching to a career save and pressing the switch editor seems to fix it

17 minutes ago, RE-I2 Skiff said:

I have tried making a career with cheats and all the buildings upgraded and the switching to it whenever the bug occured but it didn't fix it. The switch editor button in the VAB/SPH is the cause of this bug i think. When you load the VAB for the first time since restarting it works just fine, but if you click the switch editor button twice the bug activates

Take that back, switching to a career save and pressing the switch editor seems to fix it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.