Graphics details, settings and graphic guide

Hello everyone, I’m new in Kerbal.

I’m trying to understand the gameplay and it’s really funny!

But, I feel there is something wrong in “my eyes”… I don’t like graphic details so much and I think it could be much more better.

es. The Kerbal in the small windows during tutorials have jagged facial contours.

The landscape during a flight is without some details.

I’d like to understand if it is a mod problem(in Thomas case which mode I need) or a graphics card problem and where can I find a guide for a good graphic configuration.

This is my building:

Quad-core 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor (Wi-Fi or LTE
16GB LPDDR4x RAM (Wi-Fi or LTE), Intel
® Iris® Xe Graphics 

Thx  a lot

G

23 hours ago, Gekk0 said:

Hello everyone, I’m new in Kerbal.

Welcome to the forum, and the game!

23 hours ago, Gekk0 said:

I don’t like graphic details so much and I think it could be much more better.

Stock KSP does not have very spectacular graphics, no. They did add details in the last versions, to parts and to the landscape, but even on its highest settings it's relatively basic compared to many contemporary games.

That's ok though, because it means it can still run ok on relatively entry-level GPUs. The Intel Iris Xe, probably the DG1 (is it a laptop?), should be able to handle stock KSP on highest graphics settings. The bottleneck of KSP, most of the time, is not the GPU/graphics, it's due to CPU/physics calculations.

You can add a LOT more detail by modding the game. There's mods that redo the parts, like ReStock, and mods that make the landscape and atmosphere more realistic, like Scatterer, EVE, AVP, DOE, and many many more. Most mods come with their instructions on how to install.

Go into the main menu settings, then graphics. Turn antialiasing on/up, textures to max, terrain to ultra, enable/turn up reflections, but don't use V-sync or frame caps as they slow the entire game down.

Just changing the graphics settings can turn this:

waIyuBk.png

Into this:

Kt8OB53.png

Those screenshots are from a career game I started when my PC's graphics card failed. Running KSP on the integrated graphics system still worked, but I had to turn all the graphics settings right down; when the GPU was replaced (hooray for warranty!) I could turn all the settings back up to full, so even with no visual mods it looks drastically better.

You might find that turning all the settings up slows the game down, especially during launches. The KSC itself requires quite a bit of processing, higher part counts require more processing and atmospheric flight requires more processing, plus the ground itself needs to be rendered too. Find a balance between 'looks good' and 'not a 3FPS slideshow' that works for you.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.