Accidentally got Docking Port Sr on backwards. Any easy solutions?

I've gotten a Sr size Docking Port facing the wrong way. Before I deorbit the whole thing and start again, I need to check something:

If I can fly it up, can an engineer detach a new Sr Size docking port from one ship, and reattach it to another. For that matter, if I get an engineer up there, can I get him to reverse the docking port sr itself?

EDIT: Never mind. Tried it myself. It can be carried. Took some juggling, but I saved the mission.

EDIT2: Just tried it again with a different ship, and a new Engineer (No stars). It didn't work. not sure if it was a fluke, or something connected to experience or whatever else.

Edited by stephensmat

7 hours ago, stephensmat said:

It can be carried. 

It can grip it by the husk!

Anyway, I'm glad that worked out for you.  The orientation of the Sr. docking port (and correcting it if it's put on backwards) has been a point of contention since ... it was introduced, actually.  For all I know, it's one of the reasons KAS was developed.  It's nice to see that stock in-flight assembly has offered a way to deal with that.

On 8/3/2022 at 8:12 AM, Zhetaan said:

It can grip it by the husk!

Anyway, I'm glad that worked out for you.  The orientation of the Sr. docking port (and correcting it if it's put on backwards) has been a point of contention since ... it was introduced, actually.  For all I know, it's one of the reasons KAS was developed.  It's nice to see that stock in-flight assembly has offered a way to deal with that.

It's not a question of where he GRIPS it! A forty-five kilogram Kerbal can't carry a 200 kilogram Sr. Docking Port!

Oh... wait... he did? Oh. Nevermind!

• 3 weeks later...

ok,  you become a astronaut, invent the docking port sr, install it backwards, go to space, fix it and post the video, and then I will retract my award requst

(ps: this is a joking comment - I am not trying to beef with anyone)

Edited by not giving a name

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.