Merged Craft "exploded" in editor...

Good Evening Kerbonauts,

Recently, I had a strange bug concerning merged parts : already made crafts are explosed while I want to put on other crafts (on the following exemple Centaur on Space Shuttle). 
I tried to find it myself but didn't find a clue... Could you help me please?

Please find also KSP.log if necessary + mods list. 

Screens ↓

Spoiler

eMuspLY.png

sMDYC4g.png

output_log ↓

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FRiNlxiixATsJYm8VF-Gtp4JL5cfwP3W/view?usp=sharing

KSP.log ↓

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16SK4G5uLQnGcaKZvaM6YaQ41MPuLVlhe/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for help :D

Edited by Space_nico
added output_log

I have had the same exact problem before, and unfortunately I never managed to find a way to fix it.  However, I did find a workaround by saving the craft you want to merge as a subassembly and loading the subassembly instead of merging.

2 hours ago, Entropian said:

I have had the same exact problem before, and unfortunately I never managed to find a way to fix it.  However, I did find a workaround by saving the craft you want to merge as a subassembly and loading the subassembly instead of merging.

Tested the solution and work fine, thanks. :cool:
However, I still wonder how it happens... Maybe a mod conflict? :/

The KSP-Recall's aim is to fix Stock. 3rd parties add'ons may or may not get fixed, depending of they following Stock rules for parts definitions.

Well, I had had found some add'ons that don't.

Once an add'on deviates from the Stock behaviour, it is at its own - it's virtually impossible to cope with every single possible idiosyncrasy created by a 3rd party (it's already hard enough to do it on Stock).

One exception that confirms the rule is Procedural Parts, that fortunately I managed to find a relatively simple fix here.

4 hours ago, Space_nico said:

However, I still wonder how it happens... Maybe a mod conflict? :/

If it's what I think it is, nope. This happens with parts that doesn't follows KSP standards and then end up breaking things that relies on things being standard.

One of the possible causes are parts that just don't care to initialise the Attachment Nodes on the Config File - and so anyone in need of them on the OnLoad phase are royally screwed. See the link above for an example (and if you understand Module Manager patches, you will understand how I fixed this one - by pure luck! :) ).

If you manage to build a minimal craft where these things happens, by sending this craft I can try to analise it and see if a fix is viable with a Module Manager patch. If it is, I will create one and we will have at least one more 3rd party idiosyncrasy tackled down!

2 hours ago, Entropian said:

KSP Recall did not fix the problem for me when I tried using it to remedy the issue unfortunately.

Same thing. Create a minimum craft where the problem happens and send it to me. With luck, it can be fixed by a Module Manager patch!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.