In KSP, there's a mod called Free IVA, and I'm wondering if you could implement that into the game but a little less, you know, janky? It's be cool to move you're spacecraft, space stations, and to an even larger extent, even colonies!

17 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

In KSP, there's a mod called Free IVA, and I'm wondering if you could implement that into the game but a little less, you know, janky? It's be cool to move you're spacecraft, space stations, and to an even larger extent, even colonies!

yes if they added that then i wolud love ksp2 evean more than i do now

• 2 weeks later...

As much as it is a nice idea, and could be cool to have, it's not something I ever felt I wanted.

I virtually never use the current IVA as it is.

I certainly doubt that it would be of sufficient benefit to warrant the huge amount of work I think it would take to be viable.  It's one thing having a nice IVA cockpit for a 'pilots eye view', and a whole new challenge being able to move around inside it and any connected modules too, especially on a large station.

1 hour ago, pandaman said:

As much as it is a nice idea, and could be cool to have, it's not something I ever felt I wanted.

I virtually never use the current IVA as it is.

I certainly doubt that it would be of sufficient benefit to warrant the huge amount of work I think it would take to be viable.  It's one thing having a nice IVA cockpit for a 'pilots eye view', and a whole new challenge being able to move around inside it and any connected modules too, especially on a large station.

I feel it'd actually give addition to the colonialisation aspect of the game; It would give another incentive to form a colony in the first place if you can explore inside the ships you've build, possibly doing internal interactive experimentations. Would add some immersion and make a very interesting multiplayer experience as well. That being said, i wonder if it will be compatible with however colonies might be planed to work in the first place.

8 minutes ago, Abducted_Cow said:

I feel it'd actually give addition to the colonialisation aspect of the game; It would give another incentive to form a colony in the first place if you can explore inside the ships you've build, possibly doing internal interactive experimentations. Would add some immersion and make a very interesting multiplayer experience as well. That being said, i wonder if it will be compatible with however colonies might be planed to work in the first place.

Yeah, I'm not doubting that this appeals to a lot of players.  I know it has been suggested and requested numerous times, so would certainly be popular.

I'm not against it as such, I'm just not sure how much it would get used once the initial 'wow' factor dies down and players realise that the IVA model for any given part is always the same, and only the views out of the windows would change.

The work needed to create all the 3D interactive IVAs initially, and to ensure they work together however players arrange them would be huge,  and would most likely have no impact on the core gameplay anyway, so IMO it is probably not worth the developers time and effort.  Not to mention all the extra data involved.