I think there should be more emphasis in the new game that laythe is a cold place. it already has polar ice caps so it would be a nice feature if ice bergs would be randomly generated around the planet sort of like how asteroids are generated. they would appear more frequently the closer you get to the poles because of the lower temperature it would also be funny if kerbals tried to walk on them they will slip and fall or freak out trying to hold their balance

7 hours ago, awsumguy76801 said:

I think there should be more emphasis in the new game that laythe is a cold place. it already has polar ice caps so it would be a nice feature if ice bergs would be randomly generated around the planet sort of like how asteroids are generated. they would appear more frequently the closer you get to the poles because of the lower temperature it would also be funny if kerbals tried to walk on them they will slip and fall or freak out trying to hold their balance

Why stop at Laythe? Kerbin needs them, and so do other planets and moons with oceans and ice caps.

15 hours ago, intelliCom said:

Why stop at Laythe? Kerbin needs them, and so do other planets and moons with oceans and ice caps.

yea it would be cool to have it on kerbin but i feel like it would be good to kind of give laythe a new style cause in the old game it kind of looked like a tropical paradise even though in reality its more like northern canada

Fun fact, while reading this post I asked myself "does Laythe have icy poles like Kerbin?" so i went to KSP i built a shuttle style plane attached to an obviously giant rocket, and i left for Laythe, after an hour i arrived on Laythe and as i re-entered the atmosphere i noticed that there was a target at the north pole , apparently I had already been to the north pole of Laythe hahaha.

An hour well spent.

3 hours ago, Laxez said:

Fun fact, while reading this post I asked myself "does Laythe have icy poles like Kerbin?" so i went to KSP i built a shuttle style plane attached to an obviously giant rocket, and i left for Laythe, after an hour i arrived on Laythe and as i re-entered the atmosphere i noticed that there was a target at the north pole , apparently I had already been to the north pole of Laythe hahaha.

An hour well spent.

i just visited laythes north pole for the first time the other day thats partially why i got the idea to make this suggestion

14 hours ago, awsumguy76801 said:

i just visited laythes north pole for the first time the other day thats partially why i got the idea to make this suggestion

now that I remember better, in the ksp 2 trailer, at the end, we see Merbel the frozen moon of Glumo, and there are icebergs!

so... it is possible that there are already in the game:

Immagine-2022-08-09-130819.png

9 hours ago, Laxez said:

now that I remember better, in the ksp 2 trailer, at the end, we see Merbel the frozen moon of Glumo, and there are icebergs!

so... it is possible that there are already in the game:

I wouldn't use the cinematic trailer for anything beyond the broad strokes of what we'll see in the game, as things like ice falling off the rocket and the KSP 1 radiators were also featured in that trailer

Love this idea, though I think because Laythe is kept warm by tidal heating rather than solar gain you would have a much more even distribution of temperature. There might still be ice bergs from land glaciers but they wouldn’t be concentrated at the polls (I don’t think?)

Edited by Pthigrivi