I am laying horizontal on the moon surface

Edited by Ani_27166343

Welcome to the forum @Ani_27166343!

44 minutes ago, Ani_27166343 said:

My Landing was disastrous and now I am stuck on the mun,

This is normal, do not panic.

44 minutes ago, Ani_27166343 said:

Also how to add snapshots from my computer on the forum

The forum itself does not host images so we use services like google drive or imgur to upload our pictures and then link to them here.

45 minutes ago, Ani_27166343 said:

I currently have some 2500 delta v and no monopropellant for rcs

This is around double the propellant needed to return to Kerbin, is your spacecraft damaged or perhaps it has fallen over (if so this is normal, do not panic).

1 hour ago, Ani_27166343 said:

I am laying horizontal on the moon surface

Sorry, I missed this. Do you have the Breaking Ground DLC? It contains servos, rotors and hinges that can be used to create a recovery vehicle that will right your vessel. The other option is the time honoured tradition of sending a rescue mission to pick up your stranded crew and science.

I was about to suggest the Landing Leg Pogo technique, but you don’t have an engineer on board so can’t do EVA construction.

Looking at your design and the delta-V available, you should be able to return with just the upper stage. Get Bob out, grab all the science data and samples from the lower stage and stash the, in the pod, then decouple the top stage and use a combination of RCS and Wildly Mashing The KeyboardTM to make the pointy end point more towards space than not, then gun the engine and pull up so you don’t scuff the ground until the whole thing explodes. Once in orbit, find a burn that will send you back down to Kerbin and then brace for a tricky descent- you didn’t put a decoupler between the heatshield and the fuel tank so there’s a good chance you’ll flip pointy end first during re-entry, and with no means of generating power on that upper section you’ll run out of electric charge pretty quickly especially after floundering around on the Mun for a while. Probably best to wait until the sun is up and the batteries are full before trying to leave, or use the resource panel to shift all available power to the command pod and whatever batteries (if any) are attached to it.

For future missions, your lander design is too tall and skinny: you need something shorter and squatter to keep the centre of mass low and within the base of support at all times, otherwise it’ll tip. You have a lot of weight near the top of the lander and with much of the fuel in the lower stage burnt the centre of mass will be much higher than it should be.

Rescue ship: Land nearby, move the crew to the new ship. Remember to grab science data, too.

Engineer rescue: Land an engineer nearby to use EVA construction mode. The engineer can move a radial monoprop tank from the rescue ship to your fallen ship, or reattach 2 of the landing legs onto the capsule and try to vault upright enough where you can liftoff before falling back down, or attach excessive reaction wheels and battery if needed so you can torque upright. Save your game before trying any of those things because EVA construction is glitchy.

Rover: Build a rover with a grabber, monoprop, and maybe lots of reaction wheel. Roll into your fallen ship, then use RCS and reaction wheels to get upright, detach the rover before liftoff.

Cheat: Do this if your rescue attempts become frustrating and un-fun. Alt-f12 can put your fallen ship into Mun orbit, or decrease gravity so your ship's existing reaction wheel is enough to get upright. The Hyperedit mod can magically refill your monoprop (assuming that ship has an empty tank), or you can try its "land here" function to leap above the surface and gently settle back down.

I spent way too much time thinking about all your options. That's part of the fun of KSP for me.