Jump to content

Animated update trailers


Recommended Posts

I know we're still months away from initial release and have no idea if the game is going to get feature updates, but... Yeah. We need those. KSP1 had a bunch of them, mostly in the early days and then couple after 1.0. I'm hoping to see more for KSP2. Wouldn't it be nice to see Kerbals doing their usual with new features? We already got few snippets in feature videos so I'm hoping for frequent use. Please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A part of the charm of KSP1 is the goofy fun trailers, absolutely.  I watch them and have a laugh.  I was super glad to see Jeb? falling down the ladder in the KSP2 announce trailer.

Seconding this desire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

I know we're still months away from initial release and have no idea if the game is going to get feature updates, but... Yeah. We need those. KSP1 had a bunch of them, mostly in the early days and then couple after 1.0. I'm hoping to see more for KSP2. Wouldn't it be nice to see Kerbals doing their usual with new features? We already got few snippets in feature videos so I'm hoping for frequent use. Please?

I'd only suggest that they do this close to release. Assuming "early 2023" actually refers to June, they should release a trailer like that in March-April, about 2 months prior to the actual release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I loved the animated trailer for the Loud and Clear update when it was released. Good stuff. I'd be very happy if that tradition continued.

On 8/9/2022 at 5:10 AM, intelliCom said:

I'd only suggest that they do this close to release. Assuming "early 2023" actually refers to June, they should release a trailer like that in March-April, about 2 months prior to the actual release.

Sorry for going off-topic on this thread but if you go by the company's fiscal quarters, early 2023 would mean January through March.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ahres said:

Sorry for going off-topic on this thread but if you go by the company's fiscal quarters, early 2023 would mean January through March.

This is assuming that public announcements abide by 'fiscal quarter' release. I said June since that's technically in the early half of the year, at the absolute latest possible time.

Assuming late March release at latest, then another trailer should be releasing on January or February. Chances are that if the game gets delayed again, we'll hear about it before this time anyways, so those months are nothing to go by.

If we reach December and they haven't delayed it, then we can probably say with certainty that it will release Early 2023. (But you should NEVER get your hopes up.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, intelliCom said:

This is assuming that public announcements abide by 'fiscal quarter' release. 

Which I believe this is safe to say is true. The latest delay announcement came the same day as Take-Two's fiscal earnings report, because Intercept knew there were people in the community that would be looking at the report for any updates about the KSP2 release date. The report does, in fact, say the release is scheduled for Q4 FY23 (January-March of 2023).

11 hours ago, intelliCom said:

Assuming late March release at latest, then another trailer should be releasing on January or February. Chances are that if the game gets delayed again, we'll hear about it before this time anyways, so those months are nothing to go by.

If we reach December and they haven't delayed it, then we can probably say with certainty that it will release Early 2023. (But you should NEVER get your hopes up.)

I agree with all of this, intelliCom. I think we can expect another Feature Video in the next month or two. And then probably one more close to release.

@The Aziz, do you have any ideas for animated trailers that you want to pitch? Could be fun. I'll start.

If telescopes are in the game or are introduced in an update, I imagine a group of Kerbals huddled around a telescope and one looks through and sees a red circle and starts going crazy in excitement. All the other Kerbals clamber to look through it and see it too. Everyone is in awe and celebration. Then a Kerbal realizes a pepperoni fell off a piece of pizza a technician was eating and it landed on the end of the telescope. A Kerbal pulls it off. Someone looks through and still sees a red circle. Then there's confusion about why there's still a red circle until they realize what they're now seeing is Duna.

Or maybe better yet, they don't look through it again after pulling the pepperoni off but it's revealed to the audience that if they'd have looked through it again they'd have found Duna.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/9/2022 at 12:30 PM, Defenestrator47 said:

I was super glad to see Jeb? falling down the ladder in the KSP2 announce trailer.

How dare you. Jeb would never yell while falling down a ladder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Piatzin said:

How dare you. Jeb would never yell while falling down a ladder.

I never said he yelled.  I said he fell.  No mention of noises of excitement, fear, or exclamation was made.  So how dare YOU?!  (Also I took it as excitement, Jeb's a special breed.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Defenestrator47 said:

I never said he yelled.  I said he fell.  No mention of noises of excitement, fear, or exclamation was made.  So how dare YOU?!  (Also I took it as excitement, Jeb's a special breed.)

Oh no, I meant the Kerbal in the trailer is yelling while falling down. And he looked panicked so I didn't think it would have been our guy Jeb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...