Subcategory System

I'm a Sandbox player, because I like to do things without grinding for money and reputation just to land on the Mun. But one problem is the overwhelming amount of parts, and KSP2 is going have double, maybe even TRIPLE the amount of parts. At least I'm assuming, I haven't been following development too closely. Maybe It can be made a little less overwhelming by creating subcategories in different categories. For example in engines, you can have a category for Lf+Ox, one for just Lf, Nuclear Engines, Fusion engines, and any other kind of engine in KSP2. Same for all of the other categories. I've only thought of the engines, but you get my point. Also, it doesn't just have to be limited to Sandbox. If somebody unlocked the entire tech tree, they'd also be overwhelmed by all of the parts they've unlocked, so a subcategory system would help with sorting the various new parts of KSP2.

This what we've seen so far: it seems it's possible to sort by at least the part's size, mass or type. We've always seen parts being sorted by size, and the part list is split into X small, small, medium, large etc. I assume something similar applies to other sorting options as well.

CITa5Xc.png

Once we saw fuel also as one of the sorting options.

NAtRmr2.png

Pictures are from the knowledge repository.

13 hours ago, Kerbalsaurus said:

I'm a Sandbox player, because I like to do things without grinding for money and reputation just to land on the Mun. But one problem is the overwhelming amount of parts, and KSP2 is going have double, maybe even TRIPLE the amount of parts. At least I'm assuming, I haven't been following development too closely. Maybe It can be made a little less overwhelming by creating subcategories in different categories. For example in engines, you can have a category for Lf+Ox, one for just Lf, Nuclear Engines, Fusion engines, and any other kind of engine in KSP2. Same for all of the other categories. I've only thought of the engines, but you get my point. Also, it doesn't just have to be limited to Sandbox. If somebody unlocked the entire tech tree, they'd also be overwhelmed by all of the parts they've unlocked, so a subcategory system would help with sorting the various new parts of KSP2.

Better sorting options for any category or subcategory can really help a lot here also.

Sort by frequency of actual player use so what you use most is at top!

Sort engines by ISP!

Parachutes definitely need their own category or subcategory; that catch-all with chutes and ladders and most everything else is worse than Walmart on Saturday

20 hours ago, Just a random person said:

This what we've seen so far: it seems it's possible to sort by at least the part's size, mass or type. We've always seen parts being sorted by size, and the part list is split into X small, small, medium, large etc. I assume something similar applies to other sorting options as well.

CITa5Xc.png

Once we saw fuel also as one of the sorting options.

NAtRmr2.png

Pictures are from the knowledge repository.

This is actually pretty similar to what I was thinking about. It is a bit clunky, but also the game is also in pre-alpha, and in mid development. So who am I to talk?