Scatterer bug makes Duna look terrible.

So basically, I installed Scatterer for KSP, and it looks pretty good! But there is a problem, Duna looks terrible. Basically, the only way to describe it is that the orange atmosphere fills the crevasses and makes Duna look like it has bright orange stripes running through it. Also, this might be the reason, but I didn't use CKAN to install Scatterer, I just extracted the ZIP File. 

That's exactly how Duna looks with scatterer (or at least how it always looked to me), and that's how the mod works, creating a haze around the planet. Think of it as dust clouds/fog. You can probably configure your way out of it but I can't help you more than I already have.

I don't see anything particularly wrong with those screenshots.

Using scatterer alone is unusual, try adding EVE (Environmental Visual Enhancements) and a set of configs for it- EVE has a set of default configs available or there are other mods such as AVP and Spectra that have their own. Scatterer adds atmospheric and ocean effects, EVE adds things like clouds and aurorae as well as (in some cases) textures for towns and cities on the surface of Kerbin complete with lights at night.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.