SpaceY Lifters (SYL) v1.99.9.2-prerelease`<Thank you NecroBones>` edition

zer0Kerbal

SpaceY Lifters (SYL)
KSP version License
Curseforge GitHub Pages

Code SpaceY.Lifters.dll

SpaceY Lifters (SYL)

Parts for large lifting rockets, 5m rocket parts, large SRBs, and matching decouplers for Kerbal Space Program.

By zer0Kerbal, originally by @NecroBones

adopted with express permission and brought to you by KerbSimpleCo

SpaceYLifters Hero

Forward by @NecroBones

SpaceY Lifters is a parts pack that is intended to extend the stock line-up of parts for lifting heavy payloads to orbit, by providing a similar update to the NASA/ARM pack from 0.23.5, in the next size up.

It provides a range of 5m fuel tanks and engines, a fueled 3.75m nose-cone, both "stack" and "radial" decouplers, a fueled size adapter, and a range of powerful SRBs.

The name is a play on "SpaceX" in the real world, but also has the amusing double connotations of being "spacey", and also "Space, why?" -- Because it's there!

All of the models and textures were made 100% from scratch, using Blender, Photoshop, and Unity.

Part of the NecroBones suite of mods, that work nicely together!

Design Goals

• Maintain a "pretty", but still mostly stock-alike appearance. While KW goes a long way toward realism, we want to have a smaller pack that blends nicely with stock, and other stock-alike packs.

• While extending the stock game, try to maintain a gameplay balance with stock.

• And do so while adding:

• Another layer of large rocketry, beyond the 3.75m ARM/NASA update that was added in KSP 0.23.5. Specifically, 5m parts.
    • Large SRB options with high thrust and shorter burn times than the NASA/ARM SRB.
    • Large rocketry utilities-- Big radial decouplers with thrusters built in, larger sepratron, etc.
  • Contains several unusual or unique features, including some "firsts":

• Engines with multiple sized fairings, or with conical fairings.
    • Engine clusters with mode-switching for activating/deactivating nozzle groups.
    • Rocket-assisted radial decouplers.
    • Stack size adapters with multiple target diameters (adaptive shrouds).
    • Docking ports with guide-lights.
    • Fuel tanks with automatic shrouds.
    • Thrust plates and adapters with fairings.
    • "Petal" cargo bay.

See more

Youtube logo

KSP Mods - SpaceY Heavy Lifter

Imgur logo

Sample images

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

Help Wanted

• Compatibility patches
  • Contracts for these glorious parts
  • Sample crafts/subassemblies
  • Variant textures and model updates (add/improve: lights, iva, hatches et al)
  • Converting from FireSpitter to Stock and/or KSPWheel
  • Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlights
  • Translations: See the README in the Localization folder for instructions for adding or improving translations. There is also the quickstart guideGitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!
  • Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.

Installation Directions

Most recent releases only available via CurseForge/OverWolf Website/App

CurseForge/OverWolf App

Dependencies

Recommends

Suggests

Supports

Tags

parts, config

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

Credits and Special Thanks

Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)

Spoiler

Author (1) - zer0Kerbal

Forum: Thread - Source: GitHub
License: License License

see Notices for more legal Mumbo Jumbo

Original (0) - Author: @NecroBones

Forum: Thread - Download: CurseForge - Source: SpaceDock
License: License License

Disclaimer(s)

• All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses

• All assets, including but not limited to: animations, models, sounds and textures are distributed under their own licenses. License

• see Notices for more legal Mumbo Jumbo

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Comment, click, like, share, up-vote, subscribe

Completely voluntary, absolutely amazing, and really does help out a lot!
and it is true.

Support Patreon

Connect with me

Track progress: issues here and projects here along with The Short List

zer0Kerbal | kerbalspaceprogram.comzer0Kerbal | CurseForgezer0Kerbal | redditzer0Kerbal | Patreonzer0Kerbal | YouTubezer0Kerbal | Twitchzer0Kerbal | PayPalzer0Kerbal | steamzer0Kerbal | Twitterzer0Kerbal | project list

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

The initial updates will come in stages instead of one massive update of all 120+ parts.

This allows a more manageable approach and allows for faster release of the initial and subsequent releases.

0.17.99.0-adoption will be followed by several 0.17.99.#-prereleases.

Thank you for your understanding!

Yeah, stoked to see someone pick this up. I love the NFT mods, but I still find myself wishing there was more 5m and 7.5 stuff, and the original SpaceY is getting a little long in the tooth. So good luck to you good sir, I look forward to seeing this.

On 8/22/2022 at 1:13 PM, theJesuit said:

Haven't seen this one round for AGES!  Nice to be adopted!

3 minutes ago, GigFiz said:

Yeah, stoked to see someone pick this up. I love the NFT mods, but I still find myself wishing there was more 5m and 7.5 stuff, and the original SpaceY is getting a little long in the tooth. So good luck to you good sir, I look forward to seeing this.

I will continue working on this after the funeral tomorrow - not mine.

Ouch, I'm sorry dude. I wish you the best.

And really, you are putting your own time toward this, so anything you decide to do is good by me. I'll be happy if/when stuff comes out, and patient in the meantime

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Wondering the status of this.  Not poking, just trying to figure out if I should wait a bit before installing.  I noticed that on CKAN it's still listed as max game of 1.9.1

Aloha @linuxgurugamer! Merry Christmas!

Of all the forum users, I know that you aren't poking :D because you understand

• how it feels to be poked.
  • the issues of managing many addons
  • and just how much I put into adopting/updating, part addons in particular

With that said, even though the part names have changed, I would wait until the next (pre)release drops in a week or so. It will include more updated parts. 

I just got my code dev environment set up on SilentCylon, and am pushing through much needed code based addons. I will follow that with the current large part addons updates. Maybe even push through the first SYE (adoption) release.

Do you have a priority of which SYL parts are next updated?

Edited by zer0Kerbal
flocking the trees

• 3 weeks later...

SpaceY Lifters (SYL)
KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 1.9.99.1-prerelease - <Thank you NecroBones> edition

• Released

For best results - DO A CLEAN INSTALL; DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Summary

Spoiler
  • This is the first in a series of updates to this addon. Each update will update some of the parts and patches so that instead of one massive update I can update the addon in a more manageable way.
  • Phase I (initial) pass
    • parts pass started (see 1.9.99.0 for more details)
  • <ghostparts.cfg> is provided for testing. This file will not be active for v2.0.0.0-release.
  • Can now search for syl or spacey in the editor search bar to find all parts in this pack.
  • Only updated parts are included
  • Parts updated (and included in this (pre)release)
    • HeatShield
      • SYheatShield5m
    • Decouplers
      • SYdecouplerRadial2
      • SYseparator3m
      • SYseparator5m
      • SYdecoupler5m
      • SYdecouplerRadial1
    • Fairings
      • SYfairingBase5mP

See More

Spoiler

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Patreon Github Sponsor

Release Schedule

Spoiler
  1. GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  2. CurseForge. Right now.
  3. SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Soon™ (the button has been pushed)
Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 4 weeks later...

A very nice set of parts that I've enjoyed using for years. Unfortunately in the latest version, some parts are missing. The two that are missing from a vessel in flight are:
SYheatShield5m
SYtank5mL0375

Image at https://drive.google.com/file/d/10WiTWrJWrC6Pb5jZ2Uu-R-XZFOdib7Ri/view?usp=sharing

(and why can't I insert an shared image, from a shared Google drive folder? It's a KSP screenshot.)

On 2/13/2023 at 3:41 AM, luna_cat said:

A very nice set of parts that I've enjoyed using for years. Unfortunately in the latest version, some parts are missing. The two that are missing from a vessel in flight are:
SYheatShield5m
SYtank5mL0375

Image at https://drive.google.com/file/d/10WiTWrJWrC6Pb5jZ2Uu-R-XZFOdib7Ri/view?usp=sharing

(and why can't I insert an shared image, from a shared Google drive folder? It's a KSP screenshot.)

The version of 1:1.9.99.0-adopted on CurseForge is missing a bunch of parts vs. 1.17.2.  I use CKAN (I know, I know), and it must have been using 1.17.2 until recently as a whole bunch of parts vanished from my game.

Contents of GameData/SpaceY/SpaceYLifters/Parts in SpaceY_Heavy_Lifters_SYL_by_NecroBones-1.9.99.0-adoption.zip I just downloaded from CurseForge, which matches the 1.9.99.0-adoption tag on GitHub:

CargoBays
Command
Control
Docking

Contents of GameData/SpaceY-Lifters/Parts in 1.17.2:

CargoBays
Command
Control
Decouplers
Docking
Engines
Fairings
FuelTanks
HeatShield
LandingLegs
LaunchClamps
RCS-OMS
SRBs
Structural
ThrustPlates
themes.cfg

Looks like a metadata push (maybe?) flagged something as release, so CKAN overwrote the earlier version and hence eliminated a bunch of parts.  Pinning back to 1.17.2 ought to fix it.

Edited by TKotL

10 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

@TKotL ^^^

Firstly, thanks for you work on this.  I think the issue is a CKAN one.  Where your new, iterative, development/migration exists in a different directory and hence can co-exist with the earlier 1.17.2 version, whatever CKAN uses for metadata is causing it to think they're the "same" and hence removes 1.17.2 in favor of 1.9.99.0-adoption, which causes parts to vanish (potentially game breaking).  Or I could be completely wrong, I'm speculating as to how a lot of this functions.

Since you explicitly don't support CKAN, I don't think you care much, but it may be useful for other forum readers to understand what's happening?

24 minutes ago, TKotL said:

I don't think you care much

Thank you, this is what zer0Kerbal does.

am now working on creating archival releases for MRS right now - 1,567 commits and only up to 1.6.1.0; should be done tomorrow or tonight. Then I will push to get all my 'modularly updated' mods a new release; which means more parts for SYL and SYE, and a new version of SYC.

I do care, just not much I can do about CKAN. There are thoughts and preliminary plans on the future of my addons (and others) if CKAN continues this path.

There was an issue with SYL (https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/pull/3153) and they have been addressed.

There is another issue that am mulling over the best course of action - categories.cfg has an issue (in all mods that don't use a plugin) that double++++ patches.

The plan is to update SYC+SYL+SYE later this week. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys. I had a huge issues understanding what's going on with this mod and since I remember using it before, I just had to install it again when I came back to KSP1.

Now, zer0Kerbal, I want to thank you for all the hard work you're doing managing the new version of SpaceY and for all people who have trouble getting it work, I have a solution.

1. Parts are missing.  This one got to me but after reading all the comments I came to a conlcusion that parts are missing and this is not a bug. These are not ready yet, Am I right zer0Kerbal?

2. If you want "old version" with all the parts you could get, go to CurseForge > scroll down to recent files > download the  SpaceY-Lifters-1.17.1.zip > put the SpaceY-Lifters folder into the GameData folder.

The old version works with the KSP 1.12.5 no problem.

If you want "old version" with all the parts you could get, go to CurseForge > scroll down to recent files > download the  SpaceY-Lifters-1.17.1.zip > put the SpaceY-Lifters folder into the GameData folder.

CKAN also easily supports using an older version. Just click on the Versions tab, and check the box for the version you want. You will probably also want to apply the label "Do Not Upgrade". The mod will still show up as upgradable, but it won't be affected by the "Add Available Updates" button.

On 3/11/2023 at 9:27 AM, Ramzes89 said:

Am I right zer0Kerbal?

@Ramzes89correct. Parts have changed, some allot; all part names have/will change (with a hidden copied version with the original part name included (Ghostparts.cfg)

Because of this only releasing parts which have been updated enough so that any further updates won't interfere nor should jeopardize saves.

The Ghostparts.cfg is a tested and proven technology which recently just got a whole lot better; because of this new tech this next release the plan is to release all (most) of the remaining parts to be upgraded. These newly included parts won't be fully upgraded, but upgraded far enough to be useful and any further changes won't interfere/risk existing saves/craft.

This also is applicable to SpaceY Expanded; FTP; WoS; MRS; and others. I am currently pushing through the five LazTek addons with two out-the-door, another hopefully tomorrow followed closely by the remaining two

@Ramzes89 and @luna_cat both are correct.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Hello, got this error:

Spoiler

[LOG 02:46:42.329] PartLoader: Part 'SpaceY/SpaceYLifters/Parts/Control/syl-sasR5m/SYsasR5m' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 02:46:42.334] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SpaceY/SpaceYLifters/Parts/Docking/syl-docking3m/syl-docking3m'
[ERR 02:46:42.341] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.Number.StringToNumber (System.String str, System.Globalization.NumberStyles options, System.Number+NumberBuffer& number, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info, System.Boolean parseDecimal) [0x00057] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Number.ParseInt32 (System.String s, System.Globalization.NumberStyles style, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info) [0x00013] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) [0x00007] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (UrlDir+UrlConfig urlConfig, ConfigNode node) [0x00806] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext_Patch0(PartLoader/<CompileParts>d__56)

[ERR 02:46:42.341] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 02:46:42.341] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SpaceY/SpaceYLifters/Parts/Docking/syl-docking3m/SYdocking3m'
[ERR 02:46:42.349] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.Number.StringToNumber (System.String str, System.Globalization.NumberStyles options, System.Number+NumberBuffer& number, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info, System.Boolean parseDecimal) [0x00057] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Number.ParseInt32 (System.String s, System.Globalization.NumberStyles style, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info) [0x00013] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at System.Int32.Parse (System.String s) [0x00007] in <9577ac7a62ef43179789031239ba8798>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (UrlDir+UrlConfig urlConfig, ConfigNode node) [0x00806] in <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.PartLoader+<CompileParts>d__56.MoveNext_Patch0(PartLoader/<CompileParts>d__56)

[ERR 02:46:42.349] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 02:46:42.349] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SpaceY/SpaceYLifters/Parts/Docking/syl-docking5m/syl-docking5m'
[LOG 02:46:42.365] PartLoader: Part 'SpaceY/SpaceYLifters/Parts/Docking/syl-docking5m/syl-docking5m' has no database record. Creating.
[EXC 02:46:42.375] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (Part p) (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (Part p, System.String nodeName) (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (Part p) (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    (wrapper dynamic-method) Part+<Start>d__323.Part+<Start>d__323.MoveNext_Patch0(Part/<Start>d__323)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 02:46:42.381] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (Part p, System.String nodeName) (at <4b449f2841f84227adfaad3149c8fdba>:0)
    (wrapper dynamic-method) Part+<Start>d__323.Part+<Start>d__323.MoveNext_Patch0(Part/<Start>d__323)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

KSP.log

14 hours ago, John007qwe said:

Hello, got this error:

Reveal hidden contents

[LOG 02:46:42.329] PartLoader: Part 'SpaceY/SpaceYLifters/Parts/Control/syl-sasR5m/SYsasR5m' has no database record. Creating.
[LOG 02:46:42.334] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SpaceY/SpaceYLifters/Parts/Docking/syl-docking3m/syl-docking3m'
[ERR 02:46:42.341] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

[ERR 02:46:42.341] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 02:46:42.341] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SpaceY/SpaceYLifters/Parts/Docking/syl-docking3m/SYdocking3m'
[ERR 02:46:42.349] PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

[ERR 02:46:42.349] PartCompiler: Cannot compile part

[LOG 02:46:42.349] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'SpaceY/SpaceYLifters/Parts/Docking/syl-docking5m/syl-docking5m'
[LOG 02:46:42.365] PartLoader: Part 'SpaceY/SpaceYLifters/Parts/Docking/syl-docking5m/syl-docking5m' has no database record. Creating.
[EXC 02:46:42.375] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
[EXC 02:46:42.381] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

KSP.log

thank you @John007qwe +1 :rep:

misplaced comma at the end of a node. 

kindly file a bug report https://github.com/zer0Kerbal/SpaceYLifters/issues/ and will have it next release. Sent a temp patch via other.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.