Route Calculator? (i meant plotter/grapher)

GabeTeuton

I started a new save with a bunch of mods i never used, such as kerbinside and GAP, which i'm enjoying a lot... however i'm at a point when i'm accepting lots of "do atmo science in kerbin" contracts and i'm pretending to do them all in one go... or most of them at least...

i'm trying to have a predetermined route in between all of those waypoints, instead of just going to the closer one and then the closer one to the last one and so on... and even though i imagine my "preplanned" route would more or less follow the exact same route as doing it "ad hoc" i would love to be able to visualize the entire route (just 'cause i'm weird like that)

i don't really need an actual map of kerbin, but i was wondering if maybe there's a tool that lets you pick a "center point" and add a bunch of other points at certain distance and angle (in a 2D plane) or heading... and then join them with a "route", i'm doing it my awful way, which is creating the route on GIMP with thin rectangles proportionally sized to distance and rotating them from a "center point (KSC)" after i'm done plotting the points i'm gonna plot a route and see what polygon i get out of it... (again just 'cause) i can't believe i'm not able to find some kind of tool that does this (at least in a more fancy way than the st*p*d process i came up with in gimp...), but i have my doubts about that as maybe i'm not looking for the right terms... and even though i do code a little bit, something like this is out of my range i believe, specially considering my "expertise" is in VBA :facepalm:

any suggestion?

(i'll upload a photo of what i'm doing when i'm done (while valentina and bill wait on the runway xD hahah), sharing is caring (?))

edit1: i know i wrote calculator... i meant plotter, something visual to admire my routing skills ?)...

edit2:

2505aa66d6.png

fa5a80d4a0.png

50dc9ebded.png

yeah i know its absolutely horrible in more ways that's possible... hahah thanks

Edited by GabeTeuton
adding images

28 minutes ago, GabeTeuton said:

i don't really need an actual map of kerbin

Well if you use the SCANsat mod and complete a visual low res scan of the planet, you can use its location map to display the waypoints in flight like the map in the lower right of my screen. 

You can then to a spot calculation visually of the best route to take.  It's a little more work to set up, but I find it useful. 

hXS6XfP.png

Just now, Caerfinon said:

hXS6XfP.png

i guess having the aircraft centered on the map could be a way to do it "ad hoc" much better than just using the map view from stock ksp... i like it, it's not exactly what i'm looking for, but i'm already playing with ScanSat so... (i was planning on doing this long mission while i waited for the first sat to finish the first scans of kerbin :P)

2 hours ago, GabeTeuton said:

2505aa66d6.png

fa5a80d4a0.png

50dc9ebded.png

what an incredible mission... 29 notifications for contracts' requests completed, a tiring 2 hour 44 minute flight but Val and Bill managed it just fine for the entire 10000kms, and there's fuel for another 5000kms at least... and the plane performed beautifully, i really liked the idea of using scansat map (even though does not generate a map... but i'll think of something), i'll have to wait (or warp...) till the first scan is done :D

8e96a001df.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.