[WIP][PLUGIN][1.12.3] Foundations (FND) v0.9.99.0-adoption `<Thank you Sparkle>` edition [31 Aug 2022]

zer0Kerbal

Foundations KSP version License
Curseforge GitHub SpaceDock CKAN
Pages

Foundations (FND)

An addon for Kerbal Space Program which allows establishing a connection between parts and the ground. Prevents ground constructions from float/sliding away :)

By zer0Kerbal, originally by @Sparkle

adopted with express permission and brought to you by KerbSimpleCo

Foundations Hero

See More

Help Wanted

• Compatibility patches
  • Contracts for these glorious parts
  • Variant Textures
  • Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlight
  • Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

Installation Directions 1

Use CurseForge/OverWolf App (currently does not install dependencies) CurseForge/OverWolf App

I take no part, nor am I interested in maintaining the CKAN mod metadata for my mods.

CKAN is a great mod for those that can't use zip tools.

If you are having issues please let the CKAN people know and refer to the CKAN thread.

My support of CKAN extends as far as me checking the checkbox in Spacedock when I upload.

Beware, CKAN can really mess up though it tries very, very, very hard not to.

or CKAN

Dependencies

Supports

Tags

parts, physics, plugin, config

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

Credits and Special Thanks

Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)

Spoiler

Current (2) - zer0Kerbal

Forum: Thread - Source: GitHub
License: License License

Disclaimer(s)

All bundled mods are distributed under their own licensesAll art assets (textures, models, animations, sounds) are distributed under their own licenses

see Notices.md for more legal mumbo jumbo

Original (1) - Author: 4x4cheesecake

Forum: Thread - Download: CurseForge - Source: CurseForge

Original (0) - Author: Sparkle

Forum: Thread - Download: File - Source: File

DONATIONS: How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Completely voluntary, absolutely amazing, and really does help me out a lot! quote from cybutek @cybutekcreator of Kerbal Engineer

Support Github Sponsor Patreon Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

and it is true.

Connect with me

Track progress: issues here and projects here along with The Short List

zer0Kerbal | kerbalspaceprogram.comzer0Kerbal | CurseForgezer0Kerbal | redditzer0Kerbal | Patreonzer0Kerbal | YouTubezer0Kerbal | Twitchzer0Kerbal | PayPalzer0Kerbal | Buy Me a Coffeezer0Kerbal | Twitter

1. this isn't a mod. ;P↩︎

2. may work on other versions (YMMV)↩︎

3. Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date!↩︎

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

Thanks for the update and adoption.

Will the inclusion of parts such as micropad and obital doc then toe to EL or is this a standalone construction mod?

this isn't a standalone construction addon; rather it gives foundations (semi-permanent attachment between parts touching the ground, and the ground)

59 minutes ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Wow, its been a hot minute since we talked about this mod and I honestly thought you adopted it like 3 years ago already :D
Anyway, glad to see you're still rocking here :)

Thank you @4x4cheesecake! It was - and it has been - 2019, 2019 part two, 2019 part three... 2019 is a year that won't go away (or should I say 2020) :lol:

there has been little to no feedback on the 1.3.37-beta - so will proceed to the 0.9.99.0-adoption prerelease. :p

and

Have I given you the proper credit?

4 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Thank you @4x4cheesecake! It was - and it has been - 2019, 2019 part two, 2019 part three... 2019 is a year that won't go away (or should I say 2020) :lol:

Yeah, time dilation is strong in 2019 :D

4 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Have I given you the proper credit?

Uhm... sure? I mean, I didn't add anything to the mod, just updated it for newer versions of KSP but I think its fine :)

On 8/22/2022 at 2:15 PM, theJesuit said:

Thanks for the update and adoption.

Will the inclusion of parts such as micropad and obital doc then toe to EL or is this a standalone construction mod?

This mod is just an option for ground tethers.  If a landed vessel includes the parts, it doesn't slip and slide.

15 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

+1 :rep: - exactly @JadeOfMaar - and the part can be added to other parts as well. I just need to add some code to disable animations (like legs) when enabled.

Disable animations, eh? I have ideas for parts that depend on this mod and include animations (just for deploying) to rival the launch clamp and supercede the stock ground anchor. Those parts won't like that. ;) As for your issue with landing legs, maybe don't add the module to landing legs. Then you won't get sproinged.

If you need to add code for anything, it would be to maintain orientation (I assume this mod doesn't prevent a very imbalanced base from tipping over, such as on a notable slope angle) such as to auto-level itself and the rest of the vessel with it.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

5 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Disable animations, eh? I have ideas for parts that depend on this mod and include animations (just for deploying) to rival the launch clamp and supercede the stock ground anchor. Those parts won't like that. ;) As for your issue with landing legs, maybe don't add the module to landing legs. Then you won't get sproinged.

That's been the plan so far. :D 

If I add it, I am thinking of having a [KSPFEILD] pauseAnimation = FALSE/true @JadeOfMaar

I am working on pushing out an update from the 0.1.3.37-beta on CurseForge - busy week, but working on it.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

2 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

That's been the plan so far. :D 

Ah. gg. I added to my post above. See: anti-roll/auto-level. If this mod can do those, I'm sure there will be a few happy campers. Stock anchor is nice but it's bugged as anything, and it's useless when you want to secure something after it has been built or landed.

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.