AI—image/text/paperclip maximizer?

tater

9 hours ago, TheSaint said:

All the CGI artists in Hollywood have got to be sweating bullets at this point.

It's the greenscreen owners thay would be most affected. CGIers would now have to un**** the output of the AI before putting it into final rendering.

21 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

on the other hand, the movies will get customizable, so everyone will have his own preferrable look of the same characters, generated on demand.

And given what modders do to games with model swaps...

9SM8kLrWj-NwfjiUYKgyDA.webp

4 hours ago, DDE said:

It's the greenscreen owners thay would be most affected. CGIers would now have to un**** the output of the AI before putting it into final rendering.

Sure, at this particular moment. Until a couple months from now when they've trained the AI to do that cleanup for them.

I think there is something that everyone is slowly coming to realize right now:  Computers are very good at automating repetitive tasks. And almost every single thing that human beings do is a repetitive task.

On 4/3/2023 at 8:32 PM, TheSaint said:

I think there is something that everyone is slowly coming to realize right now:  Computers are very good at automating repetitive tasks. And almost every single thing that human beings do is a repetitive task.

On 4/3/2023 at 8:42 PM, kerbiloid said:

Downside it that its much cheaper to have the computer do the repeatable tasks and just guide it. 
AI training an managing will be very important skills. AI is an obvious solution to copy past environment and dialogue in computer games. 
Its way to time consuming to make every location in an open world game unique an all of the thousands of npc having unique dialogue. 
No it would not be as as good as something hand crafted who would be done for the main story, but it would be much better than the few lines all guards have, and you could probably have an AI generate quests rivaling filler content in games but infinite of them. 

1 hour ago, magnemoe said:

Downside it that its much cheaper to have the computer do the repeatable tasks and just guide it. 
AI training an managing will be very important skills. AI is an obvious solution to copy past environment and dialogue in computer games. 
Its way to time consuming to make every location in an open world game unique an all of the thousands of npc having unique dialogue. 
No it would not be as as good as something hand crafted who would be done for the main story, but it would be much better than the few lines all guards have, and you could probably have an AI generate quests rivaling filler content in games but infinite of them. 

That's probably exactly what the guys who wrote the simulation we're living in thought. It would explain so much....

7 hours ago, magnemoe said:

You just don't have a personal mentat to play KSP for you.

The mentat is sitting at the table, thinking, and moving space ships, made of ivory, across the table with planetary system map.
FPS is somewhat lower than in KSP-1, but definitely better than in KSP-2.

When you want to watch a movie, the mentat takes a book, reads it aloud, and displays with pantomime.

And I even don't want to imagine the mentioned above adult mode.

7 hours ago, magnemoe said:

AI training an managing will be very important skills.

So, for chosen ones, not for everyone.

6 hours ago, tater said:

Is it insane, though? This actually doesn't sound difficult. Quite few variables involved. I think this was practical even before the AI Hype Train.

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

How about this, soulless AI?

Hide contents

3629f04f957255296dc585e8f4fdae49.jpgd342ef5101f40f8a398c30e90b70dfe0.jpg

Literally unreadable.

*rimshot*

26 minutes ago, DDE said:

Is it insane, though? This actually doesn't sound difficult. Quite few variables involved. I think this was practical even before the AI Hype Train.

I think this is probably true—but this is a general system, and it can do it in real time.

All these small things are coming together. It's pretty interesting.

The Sparks of AGI paper is fascinating. Particularly the theory of mind work they did. There's a talk by one of the authors on youtube that popped up in my feed a couple days ago...