KSP "Speedrun"

This challenge can be completed in stock ,of course! I've never done this but I m tryin' my best to finish xwx

(not a ksp sweat)

Uhhhm... hi? 

its kerbal123 here! 

Every kerbals complained that KSC is too slow at exploring the space.

So,could you explore faster?Kerbals can't wait to see the extoic alien worlds!

OBJECTIVES:

1:Flag  on every celestial objects EXPECT JOOL AND SUN

2:Return from every object‘s surface EXPECT jool (high atmosphere is enough)and sun(low space is enough)

3:Catch an astroid and bring one to kerbin orbit.

4:Do these all above in shortest IGT(in game time) IN CAREER MODE

5:BAN ALL PART ADDING AND EDITING MODS ,only assisting mods allowed here.

Levels:

1. Kraken and glitches allowed

2:Ban glitches,only normal rockets and planes

3:full tech tree

That's all!

(sorry for poor english skills because im a chinese xwx)

Edited by Kerbal123_Furry
missed OBJ

6 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

That would be a long, quick game. 

If able, i think the possible shortest time is about 8~15 years?

but its career mode so you have to earn money:funds: and tech:science:

It took me 147 years to return from eve and I found NO green monolith:confused:

42 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

@Kerbal123_FurryI will do ur challenge(Using a few mods, specifically, Exploration Plus, Strategia, KSPIE, USI LS)

But I am not doing the green monolith thing since I dont feel like spending hours looking for one on gilly, then eve, then moho, then everywhere else

NO MODS

Monolith is not forced to find.

Objectives now changed

U said CAN be completed in stock, Not SHOULD, be completed in stock, Also, Life support makes it HARDER

Stock Purism is not something I am a fan of, the challenge is already hard, dont ban mods that make the game harder or make certain aspects of the game not stupid

Edited by kspnerd122

1 hour ago, kspnerd122 said:

U said CAN be completed in stock, Not SHOULD, be completed in stock, Also, Life support makes it HARDER

Stock Purism is not something I am a fan of, the challenge is already hard, dont ban mods that make the game harder or make certain aspects of the game not stupid

It's their challenge - I can understand going full stock, it means everyone is on level grounds and rids the challenge of loop holes e.g. "this mod with magic warp engines counts, right?" as well as making it easier to moderate contestants.

You can like, just ban FTL/cheat drives, also, those engines are expensive asf, and also, if I want to make it harder let me(I dont want to be able to stick a kerbal in a pod and fling them to jool)

Strategia and Exploration Plus dont even add parts lol, strategia just makes administration not bad

Hey, thanks for replying! In future, quoting or mentioning me would be appreciated, thank you.

7 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

You can like, just ban FTL/cheat drives

It seems that simple, but it isn't. You don't know how difficult it is setting up the criteria for mods until you do it yourself.

9 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

if I want to make it harder let me(I dont want to be able to stick a kerbal in a pod and fling them to jool)

You could impose a minimum part limit on yourself

29 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Hey, thanks for replying! In future, quoting or mentioning me would be appreciated, thank you.

It seems that simple, but it isn't. You don't know how difficult it is setting up the criteria for mods until you do it yourself.

You could impose a minimum part limit on yourself

Minimum Part Limits Just pointlessly force up partcount, which I find stupid and unrealistic, Minimum mass limits are the same deal(cram a kerbal into a tiny ass craft)
I have made semi public LMP servers and have done modded challenges before, so its entirely possible for me to set up mod criteria, and easy
I would prefer to just have a LS mod rather than having some arbitrary limit

Also LS encourages probes, Stock doesnt, in stock probes have almost no use, there is no penalty for a 1 way mission or cramming a single kerbal in a tiny pod to get shot off to jool, thats stupid(and unrealistic), and mods fix it

Edited by kspnerd122

20 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

Minimum Part Limits Just pointlessly force up partcount, which I find stupid and unrealistic, Minimum mass limits are the same deal(cram a kerbal into a tiny ass craft)

A minimum part limit is only what you make of it - instead of putting a load of cubic struts together, make an architectural masterpiece or a giant contraption to aid in other projects e.g. a mini-skyhook for Gilly with a Googie-architecture core to make landings interesting. If it leads to pointless part spamming, it's not because the rules told you to. That's my thoughts.

14 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

You can like, just ban FTL/cheat drives, also, those engines are expensive asf, and also, if I want to make it harder let me(I dont want to be able to stick a kerbal in a pod and fling them to jool)

Strategia and Exploration Plus dont even add parts lol, strategia just makes administration not bad

Aww...

New objectives; BAN ALL PART ADDING AND EDITING MODS 

other mods like better time warp is ok :wink:

2 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

aww, it seems like a worthy challenge. i'd like to participate, but it would take weeks, and my ksp schedule is full

Im looking forward on this.Waiting for your good news!

Plus i can only view pictures from Imgbb otherwise the image will never display:(:valsob:

On 8/25/2022 at 10:54 PM, Kerbal123_Furry said:

This challenge can be completed in stock ,of course! I've never done this but I m tryin' my best to finish xwx

(not a ksp sweat)

Uhhhm... hi? 

its kerbal123 here! 

Every kerbals complained that KSC is too slow at exploring the space.

So,could you explore faster?Kerbals can't wait to see the extoic alien worlds!

OBJECTIVES:

That's all!

(sorry for poor english skills because im a chinese xwx)

do'em all,you are so close!:wink:

6 minutes ago, Nazalassa said:

I just did a Grand Tour with a vessel that was 250 kg (not tons!) and it took 18 years, 13 days and 52 minutes. However the flight path could've been improved...

1 hour ago, Nazalassa said:

I just did a Grand Tour with a vessel that was 250 kg (not tons!) and it took 18 years, 13 days and 52 minutes. However the flight path could've been improved...

How long did/would it take to get to the point you could build that ship in career?

Well, I used:

- a 0.625m battery
- an external chair
- a 0.625m RW
- 2 0.625m docking ports
- 2 small radial solar panels

But other designs can also be made, basically you'll always need docking ports, so I think you can make them as soon as you have the node Miniaturization (90:science:).

8 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Surely that counts as cheating

glitches was allowed in lvl 1

Rules Update: now there  are different levels.

6 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

If he bans mods but doesnt ban kraken drives I get to use my mods since kraken drives are infinite fuel, a modded engine is NOT infinite fuel

So either ban K Drives or Unban mods

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.