KSP "Speedrun"

I mean like, K drives being allowed in level 1 is kinda stupid if mods are banned, and its not like most of them make it brokenly easy(since you need to spend time science farming, in a speedrun), say im using KSPIE, Im not going to get some epstien drive, because thats a waste of valuable time

Ban them both or allow them both

14 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

I mean like, K drives being allowed in level 1 is kinda stupid if mods are banned, and its not like most of them make it brokenly easy(since you need to spend time science farming, in a speedrun), say im using KSPIE, Im not going to get some epstien drive, because thats a waste of valuable time

Ban them both or allow them both

Its like minecraft speedrun,can use glitches,but cant use mods.

30 minutes ago, Kerbal123_Furry said:

Its like minecraft speedrun,can use glitches,but cant use mods.

You should allow mods. Otherwise, everything gets way too long. One Eve mission I did took 154 years from launch to recovery. Why don't you want us to use mods?

I was planning on showing off the Interplanetary Ice Cream mod, but the new no-mods rule makes me want to do some other challenge. I'm a modder and I'm not sure if I could make a rocket without using modded parts (stasis pods, ice cream engines, etc.)

9 hours ago, Akagi said:

You should allow mods. Otherwise, everything gets way too long. One Eve mission I did took 154 years from launch to recovery. Why don't you want us to use mods?

I was planning on showing off the Interplanetary Ice Cream mod, but the new no-mods rule makes me want to do some other challenge. I'm a modder and I'm not sure if I could make a rocket without using modded parts (stasis pods, ice cream engines, etc.)

bruh.

In fact a eve mission only need less than4 years even shorter. (without waiting for eve transfer window)

You can do many missions in one time,like when you're transferring to eeloo,you can also sending a kerbal back to kerbin.

Why you can take 154 yrs on that?

I dont think mods are fair. Stock parts are same but mods dont.

Edited by Kerbal123_Furry

I think kraken drives being banned does not even need to be specified. it's a general assumption for any kind of competitive challenge.

I started this, aiming to make it in less than 2 years. the trick is getting enough xenon to launch an eeloo mission on a high energy trajectory. actually, i've done that too - science and money farmed in 5 days, could have been as little as 3 had I optimized better -, and the main issue is that the game does not recognize intercept when you're on a kerbol escape trajectory. other potential issue is that with many missions simultaneously, some long ion engine burns may overlap. well, that just require some planning.

I'm sure one and a half years would also be feasible enough, but some limits I'm just not interested in pushing

Edited by king of nowhere

8 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

I think kraken drives being banned does not even need to be specified. it's a general assumption for any kind of competitive challenge.

I started this, aiming to make it in less than 2 years. the trick is getting enough xenon to launch an eeloo mission on a high energy trajectory. actually, i've done that too - science and money farmed in 5 days, could have been as little as 3 had I optimized better -, and the main issue is that the game does not recognize intercept when you're on a kerbol escape trajectory. other potential issue is that with many missions simultaneously, some long ion engine burns may overlap. well, that just require some planning.

I'm sure one and a half years would also be feasible enough, but some limits I'm just not interested in pushing

dont forget science farming cuz its career mode

10 years is very enough

11 hours ago, Kerbal123_Furry said:

bruh.

In fact a eve mission only need less than4 years even shorter. (without waiting for eve transfer window)

You can do many missions in one time,like when you're transferring to eeloo,you can also sending a kerbal back to kerbin.

Why you can take 154 yrs on that?

I dont think mods are fair. Stock parts are same but mods dont.

As for mods: there should be a separate category for modded entries. Also, it took 154 years because the lander had to get there, the rover had to drive halfway across Eve to get there, then they had to wait for a transfer window, launch, and return.

2 hours ago, Kerbal123_Furry said:

dont forget science farming cuz its career mode

10 years is very enough

the mun alone is enough for science farming if you get most biomes.

i got early science by farming the ksc, in less than one hour. then i got some early money with some fast contracts, like test on the launchpad or run an eva near the ksc.

then i took a dozen rescue contracts for kerbals stranded in low orbit. I sent mun landers to collect them, so each kerbal collected was immediately sent to mun. this way, i had seven or eight mun missions on their way by the end of day one. by day 3 most of them were returned, each returned vehicle gave 500 science and a big cash influx for the rescue mission. by day 5 I had farmed enough science to get ion engines and rtgs, and enough money to send a xenon-heavy eeloo mission with 30 km/s deltaV.

3 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Just don't rely on Ion drives with their throttle limit set to 1%, easy. Most stock Eve missions are way quicker.

Most of that time was the rover driving

1 hour ago, king of nowhere said:

the mun alone is enough for science farming if you get most biomes.

i got early science by farming the ksc, in less than one hour. then i got some early money with some fast contracts, like test on the launchpad or run an eva near the ksc.

then i took a dozen rescue contracts for kerbals stranded in low orbit. I sent mun landers to collect them, so each kerbal collected was immediately sent to mun. this way, i had seven or eight mun missions on their way by the end of day one. by day 3 most of them were returned, each returned vehicle gave 500 science and a big cash influx for the rescue mission. by day 5 I had farmed enough science to get ion engines and rtgs, and enough money to send a xenon-heavy eeloo mission with 30 km/s deltaV.

i know it. i like these ways too

they are just... OP

2 hours ago, Akagi said:

As for mods: there should be a separate category for modded entries. Also, it took 154 years because the lander had to get there, the rover had to drive halfway across Eve to get there, then they had to wait for a transfer window, launch, and return.

Why using rovers?

cant understand you.

Edited by Kerbal123_Furry

4 minutes ago, Kerbal123_Furry said:

i know it. i like these ways too

they are just... OP

Why using rovers?

cant understand you.

The mission was a 2 part mission: science base plus rovers

38 minutes ago, Akagi said:
40 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

Just don't rely on Ion drives with their throttle limit set to 1%, easy. Most stock Eve missions are way quicker.

Most of that time was the rover driving

I don't think OP is asking players to circumnavigate planets using a rover. I think the time spent just flying to Eve and back would be reasonable.

2 minutes ago, Akagi said:

The mission was a 2 part mission: science base plus rovers

Were you having trouble landing near the base?

1 minute ago, Bej Kerman said:

I don't think OP is asking players to circumnavigate planets using a rover. I think the time spent just flying to Eve and back would be reasonable.

Yeah, I know. Just my only Eve mission so it's my only Eve example.

Ok, explain how mods are OP, and also, just like, add a modded category

Mods make the game fun and stock purism(where every mod is considered OP and modded is somehow less good than stock) Modded, In my opinion, takes what SKWOD built and makes it better

Also mods break up the constant meta of "Farm Minmus until you get NERVAs"

Since guess what, NERVAs are made to not be the automatic choice

So honestly, I think that modded is just as valid as stock

Also, people who have not played with mods do not understand what is balanced and fair, your just assuming any non stock part is immediately OP and unfair, Just have a modded category or allow mods, most of the supposedly OP parts also happen to be ultra expensive and need a lot of science points(often times the fuel is rare or expensive as well)

Nice! Even if I only play KSP with mods I'm very interested in seeing if people can do a "pure" 100% speedrun (Meaning stock only, no mods, no DLCs) so to have a baseline of normal completion times

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, kspnerd122 said:

Ok, explain how mods are OP, and also, just like, add a modded category

Mods make the game fun and stock purism(where every mod is considered OP and modded is somehow less good than stock) Modded, In my opinion, takes what SKWOD built and makes it better

Also mods break up the constant meta of "Farm Minmus until you get NERVAs"

Since guess what, NERVAs are made to not be the automatic choice

So honestly, I think that modded is just as valid as stock

It's easier to evaluate everyone fairly without mods.

9 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Were you having trouble landing near the base?

I mean science farming is overpowered.Not let somebody do something.

3 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

Also, people who have not played with mods do not understand what is balanced and fair, your just assuming any non stock part is immediately OP and unfair, Just have a modded category or allow mods, most of the supposedly OP parts also happen to be ultra expensive and need a lot of science points(often times the fuel is rare or expensive as well)

Anyway, i treat this speedrun like Minecraft speedrun.No mods,only stock parts,glitches allowed, chase the limit in stock game.

5 minutes ago, Kerbal123_Furry said:
3 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

Anyway, i treat this speedrun like Minecraft speedrun.No mods,only stock parts,glitches allowed, chase the limit in stock game.

If you ask me, Minecraft glitch% speedruns are usually underwhelming. Disallow glitches, and you can't just stick an engine and a KAL unit together - you've got to get creative instead with your rocket designs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.