KSP "Speedrun"

5 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

then why are u referring to mods as such, mods allow more creativity IMO, so I want to use mods, stock doesnt make the challenge more fun, just less fun, try mods lol

Speedrun is never a fun challenge.

Speedrun's spirit is to smash out the limit of the game.

Edited by Kerbal123_Furry

2 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

Ehh, it can be fun if you know what your doing, I feel like  I just want to use mods mainly because if I want to lose time to get a better thing I should be able to do that

Bruh\

You can start another challenge with mods.

Speedrunning this game is just simply science farm,get KaL and S3-ks25,then kraken off.

@Kerbal123_Furry @kspnerd122

There is no reason why both of your positions can't coexist. Speedruns generally have categories and subcategories, think Doom for example, so I'm thinking that making categories can satisfy most, if not all, play styles.

For example:

• Pure
  • Glitchless
  • MakingStock (Stock+Making History)
  • BreakingStock (Stock+Breaking Ground)
  • FullStock (Stock+DLCs)
  • TAS (Tool-Assisted-Speedrun, for mods like Mechjeb or Engineer)
  • RSS
  • RSSRO (AKA "Hardcore")
  • Modded (AKA "Free Style", make the most impressive or beautiful speedrun and let the public decide the "best")

And there, problem solved. Everyone can compete in the category that likes the most and be judged by the community fairly.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Forked Camphor said:

There is no reason why both of your positions can't coexist. Speedruns generally have categories and subcategories, think Doom for example, so I'm thinking that making categories can satisfy most, if not all, play styles.

For example:

• Pure
  • Glitchless
  • FullStock (Stock+DLCs)
  • RSS
  • RSSRO (AKA "Hardcore")
  • Modded (AKA "Free Style", make the most impressive or beautiful speedrun and let the public decide the "best")

And there, problem solved. Everyone can compete in the category that likes the most and be judged by the community fairly.

noice sortin'

my challenge is Pure or TAS category

The KSP equivalent of Compet-n for example? An "official" speedrun database for KSP? I don't know if people talked about this before, if so I would like to know. If not and there's interest it could be a good topic to discuss with the community. Personally I never thought of KSP as a speedrunning game, mostly because of the lack of a defined "end" (Beating the dragon in Minecraft, ascending in ARK, to name two sandbox games). As an idea, the clock could stop the exact moment the last flag is set in a body. Right at the moment when the popup to name it appears.

7 minutes ago, Forked Camphor said:

The KSP equivalent of Compet-n for example? An "official" speedrun database for KSP? I don't know if people talked about this before, if so I would like to know. If not and there's interest it could be a good topic to discuss with the community. Personally I never thought of KSP as a speedrunning game, mostly because of the lack of a defined "end" (Beating the dragon in Minecraft, ascending in ARK, to name two sandbox games). As an idea, the clock could stop the exact moment the last flag is set in a body. Right at the moment when the popup to name it appears.

i think the end is the last kerbal returned and recovered. Remember, one of the objectives is to do a return to kerbin,not a 1-way trip.

or an asteroid entered kerbin orbit?

Edited by Kerbal123_Furry

17 hours ago, Forked Camphor said:

For example:

• Pure
  • Glitchless
  • FullStock (Stock+DLCs)
  • RSS
  • RSSRO (AKA "Hardcore")

really, how many people can be expected to participate in any of those categories? there's just no point to having all those leaderboards.

a single one for any nonstandard setting is fine

3 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

really, how many people can be expected to participate in any of those categories? there's just no point to having all those leaderboards.

a single one for any nonstandard setting is fine

It was an example of how you can organize different types of speedruns. In reality though, I think categories will be created and/or differentiated as people submit gameplays

How is GU bad, it makes going to asteroids good and valueable, since mining them using mods means you can mine it say, for material to build your ultraship, and you never need to deal with ANY gravity well, then you just prepare to grab another asteroid when that one is depleted after churning out several massive ships

GU also adds extrasolar systems, so you have a reason to build said megaships

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.