kats: kerbal aeronautical technology shuttle, unflown concept shuttles and other various shuttle things

chaos113

3 hours ago, Tundra said:

You can try count on me to be one of the first downloads when this comes out!  I've always wanted to have some more shuttles.

Same. Anything that brings spaceflight concepts to life is a win in my book.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New development info, the shuttle 2s cargobay will be able to comfortably hold 3.75m parts in it 

KATS_sample0002.pngKATS_sample0001.png

Images courtesy of jadeofmaar

The droptanks are 2.5m in size and the inner ones have an engine mount

These are the engines for the craft currently made, a sl variation, a vac variation, and a multimode variation unknown.png

57 minutes ago, chaos113 said:

New development info, the shuttle 2s cargobay will be able to comfortably hold 3.75m parts in it 

These are the engines for the craft currently made, a sl variation, a vac variation, and a multimode variation unknown.png

Cool! Was shuttle 2 actually that large?

3 hours ago, chaos113 said:

I've never seen Shuttle II with engine mounts on the inner tanks. Is this artist license or do you have a spec sheet showing those engines?

2 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Cool! Was shuttle 2 actually that large?

This image shows it with two canadarms. idk if the arms are smaller or if the shuttle is bigger. 

shuttleIIe.jpg

30 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I've never seen Shuttle II with engine mounts on the inner tanks. Is this artist license or do you have a spec sheet showing those engines?

This image shows it with two canadarms. idk if the arms are smaller or if the shuttle is bigger. 

shuttleIIe.jpg

Jade took artistic license but the mounts I think will be a part switch for each one and the mounts are both individual parts so it doesn't matter

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.