kats: kerbal aeronautical technology shuttle, unflown concept shuttles and other various shuttle things

chaos113

13 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

I can't tell if you're for making things small or just for the mod and all it will let you do with it. :D

You do great work; one thing I have learned in life is never mess with the artist at work! You make what you feel you need to. And I will be more than content to misuse the completed work. :cool: All you have to do is ask @Angel-125 about how often I have used his mods in ways he probably never imagined... :blush:

2 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

The CERV mount, decoupler, and adapters to rocket diameters. The odd ones are BDB. The adapters themselves are hollow-ish and can be used as a service bay. The 6-way dividing walls are optional.

In case it hasn't already been made clear, CERV and Shuttle II on the whole are being aimed (by me personally) at being in the same size class as Tundra Exploration/ Starship Expansion and Mk-33, so the engines are proper sizes (0.625m, 1.25m and not in-between) and to make more sense when used in 2.7x scale or real scale, and so Shuttle II can hold 3.75m payloads. The other mods hold 2.5m, if even so much. Another reason for the up-sizing is that, unless I'm mistaken, Shuttle II lacks in fuel tank volume and has no SRBs yet it's supposed to outperform Shuttle.

If by chance folks would rather everything be smaller and "SOCK-compatible" now is the time to gather round, cast a poll and let me know.

FcTlDSo.png

Honestly when I think about it, I can't help but imagine Shuttle 2.0 would have been larger no matter what. This looks awesome and I can't wait for release! And I'm not just saying that because the adapters will give me the ability to abuse my power in the VAB.

Edit: Apparently the forum decided to copy my post half a dozen times or so...

Edited by Blufor878

3 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Honestly when I think about it, I can't help but imagine Shuttle 2.0 would have been larger no matter what. This looks awesome and I can't wait for release! And I'm not just saying that because the adapters will give me the ability to abuse my power in the VAB.

Edit: Apparently the forum decided to copy my post half a dozen times or so...

Absolutely has to be, as it doesn't involve a huge ET. CERV as an orbiter (not as an abort vessel) is going to have some generous dV due to the liberty that can be taken with internal volume.

You can thank @chaos113 for recommending the adapters.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CERV Cradle (with adapter options) and decoupler are complete. Their textures have some kinks that wait to be ironed out but altogether this is a complete part set so far (ignoring the fact that the engines wait to be textured too).

tYjxSML.png

Qh3AfMI.png

1 hour ago, MashAndBangers said:

Resistance is futile.  We will add your aerodynamic and technological distinctiveness to our own.

1 hour ago, Royalswissarmyknife said:

All your aerodynamics are belong to us

Legend :D

46 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

"We're gonna need a bigger boat shuttle"

It will happen. But not in this quarter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.