[1.12.x] Artemis Construction Kit | Stockalike Orion & SLS | v1.4.0 | (Lockheed lander!)

benjee10

2 hours ago, prmedic22 said:

Question about the SLS core stage included in the mod. I can select between LH2 or oxidizer but not both on the same tank.

any help would be great

You shouldn’t be able to do this. It sounds like you have another mod installed that is automatically trying to reconfigure the tanks and getting it wrong. What else do you have in your install?

000_FilterExtensions
000_FilterExtensions_Configs
000_Harmony
000_TexturesUnlimited
000_USITools
999_KSP-Recall
AnimatedDecouplers
AstronomersVisualPack
AxialAerospace
B9AnimationModules
B9PartSwitch
B9_Aerospace
Benjee10_MMSEV
Benjee10_Orion
Benjee10_sharedAssets
Benjee10_shuttleOrbiter
Benjee10_Suits
Bluedog_DB
Bluedog_DB_Extras
CommunityCategoryKit
CommunityResourcePack
CommunityTechTree
CryoTanks
DecouplerShroud
DeployableEngines
DMagicScienceAnimate
DynamicBatteryStorage
EditorExtensionsRedux
Endurance
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FarFutureTechnologies
Firespitter
FShangarExtender
HabTechProps
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes
htRobotics
ImprovedTreeEnginePlacement
InterstellarFuelSwitch
JSI
KAS
KerbalEngineer
KermangeddonIndustries
Kopernicus
KSPWheel
MagicSmokeIndustries
MarsDirect
MechJeb2
ModularFlightIntegrator
ModuleManagerWatchDog
NearFutureAeronautics
NearFutureConstruction
NearFutureElectrical
NearFutureExploration
NearFutureLaunchVehicles
NearFutureProps
NearFuturePropulsion
NearFutureSolar
NearFutureSpacecraft
NecroBones
Parallax
Parallax_StockTextures
PhotonSail
PlanetaryBaseInc
PlanetShine
PlumeParty
RealChute
reDIRECT
Scatterer
ScattererAtmosphereCache
SDHI
Sigma
SimpleAdjustableFairings
SimpleAdjustableFairings-KWRocketry
SmokeScreen
SpaceDust

SSTU
SSTUWaterfall
StockWaterfallEffects
SystemHeat
TM4KSP
TweakScale
TweakScaleCompanion
UmbraSpaceIndustries
WarpPlugin
Waterfall
WildBlueIndustries
zFinal_FilterExtensions
__LOCAL
666_ModuleManagerWatchDog.dll
999_Scale_Redist.dll
files.txt
Interstellar_Redist.dll
KSPModFileLocalizer.dll
MiniAVC.dll
MiniAVC.xml
MMREADME.md
ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll
ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll
ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll
ModuleManager.4.2.2.dll
ModuleManager.ConfigCache
ModuleManager.ConfigSHA
ModuleManager.Physics
ModuleManager.TechTree
ModuleManagerLicense.md

6 hours ago, prmedic22 said:

snip

My guess would be Cryo Tanks is trying to patch the tanks. Try loading the game without that installed and see if the issue persists. If that solves it I will try to put together a compatibility patch for it.

47 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

My guess would be Cryo Tanks is trying to patch the tanks. Try loading the game without that installed and see if the issue persists. If that solves it I will try to put together a compatibility patch for it.

I have Cryotanks and have all the options available. LH/O2, LH, LCH4, LCH4/O2 and O2.

It might be interstellar fuel switch.  I don't have that mod. Maybe both are trying to modify ACK and ACK isn't responding well. 

@prmedic22 If you give us your log file, we can take a better look. 

5 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

I have Cryotanks and have all the options available. LH/O2, LH, LCH4, LCH4/O2 and O2.

It might be interstellar fuel switch.  I don't have that mod. Maybe both are trying to modify ACK and ACK isn't responding well. 

@prmedic22 If you give us your log file, we can take a better look. 

IFS is a good shout too. 

1 hour ago, ThatBattleCow said:

I have an idea, maybe make the crew access door on the BPC openable, right now when you try get the crew outside into the white room, it says “Hatch obstructed”

Am I missing something or are you on the wrong topic?

On 9/5/2022 at 12:16 PM, benjee10 said:

I can't replicate this. Do you have any repaint mods that might interfere with this? Is B9PartSwitch up to date?

Seeing if removing these worked:
- "reCOLOR"

- "SOCKrepainted"
- "SOCKrecolored"

and nope, same thing happening

24 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

MiniAVC is outdated and needs to be removed. Also, multiple copies of mm will make your life unpleasant. Remove them all except 4.2.2

I wasn't even aware that was possible to have multiple copies of the same module.

11 hours ago, Socowez said:

Am I missing something or are you on the wrong topic?

10 hours ago, ThatBattleCow said:

The Boost Protective Cover on the launch abort system obstructs the Orion’s crew hatch. I think an openable BPC crew door would help. 

Most likely there is a full collider on the new Orion BPC. The old one (from reDIRECT) as well as BDB's Apollo CM BPC had a partial collider (covering mostly just the LES tower) that allowed access to the capsule's hatch from the Modular Launch Pad's crew arm.

EDIT:

Yep, there is a full collider (shown with Collide-O-Scope):

iQnXg0V.png

Edited by AlphaMensae

17 hours ago, ThatBattleCow said:

The Boost Protective Cover on the launch abort system obstructs the Orion’s crew hatch. I think an openable BPC crew door would help. 

6 hours ago, AlphaMensae said:

Most likely there is a full collider on the new Orion BPC. The old one (from reDIRECT) as well as BDB's Apollo CM BPC had a partial collider (covering mostly just the LES tower) that allowed access to the capsule's hatch from the Modular Launch Pad's crew arm.

EDIT:

Yep, there is a full collider (shown with Collide-O-Scope):

I can probably remove the colliders on that side of the BPC and disable radial attachment. An openable door would be a lot of work for a relatively small feature. 

On 9/7/2022 at 7:47 PM, benjee10 said:

You shouldn’t be able to do this. It sounds like you have another mod installed that is automatically trying to reconfigure the tanks and getting it wrong. What else do you have in your install?

On 9/8/2022 at 4:51 AM, benjee10 said:

Removed both Cryo Tanks and  interstellar fuel switch and deleted the older versions of module manager and still having the issue 

1 hour ago, prmedic22 said:

Removed both Cryo Tanks and  interstellar fuel switch and deleted the older versions of module manager and still having the issue 

Is this with new instances of the parts or craft files loaded from before you removed those mods? Sometimes old modules can persist on existing craft files.

If that doesn’t work I don’t know what to tell you. There is no fuel switch of any kind on any of the parts in this mod, so something else is adding them.

2 hours ago, prmedic22 said:

Do you have a gmail account? If so then you have free storage space, and there are two really helpful things you could provide that would narrow this down quickly. The first is your entire ksp.log file, and the second is a screenshot of your entire VAB screen, with the right-click menu open for the core tank so we can see what you're seeing. If you've never shared files to Google Drive before, Google will tell you how. Short of this, if you have an imgur account, then two screenshots posted there would help too: one from inside the VAB, and a second showing all the files/folders in your GameData folder.

Otherwise, everyone is literally guessing, and that could take forever.

1 hour ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Do you have a gmail account? If so then you have free storage space, and there are two really helpful things you could provide that would narrow this down quickly. The first is your entire ksp.log file, and the second is a screenshot of your entire VAB screen, with the right-click menu open for the core tank so we can see what you're seeing. If you've never shared files to Google Drive before, Google will tell you how. Short of this, if you have an imgur account, then two screenshots posted there would help too: one from inside the VAB, and a second showing all the files/folders in your GameData folder.

Otherwise, everyone is literally guessing, and that could take forever.

I found the issue its with the  KSP Interstellar Extended mod

1 hour ago, dababykerman said:

Hey folks, I was wondering if there was a build guide or if there were craft files available for this amazing mod? I can't seem to put it together on my own and any info on if there is any and where to find them would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Believe there are craft files in download when download Artemis Construction

8 hours ago, dababykerman said:

Hmm, I don't see any. There's no folder for it.

8 hours ago, Socowez said:

The craft files are included in the SpaceDock download, not the GitHub one. I learned that the hard way

The craft files are included with the GitHub download, just make sure you download the release and not the source code - if you download the source code you will just get the latest dev version of the mod and none of the dependencies/craft files.

I've updated the link in the OP so it takes you to the releases page directly to make that a bit clearer.

A little progress on SLS Block 1B:

Screen_Shot_2022-09-07_at_18.55.09.png

Edited by benjee10