[1.12.x] Artemis Construction Kit | Stockalike Orion & SLS | v1.4.0 | (Lockheed lander!)

benjee10

3 hours ago, GoldForest said:

The most expensive cubesat launcher ever. 

Also, is pyrios planned at all? Would like to have these sexy LRBs for SLS:

Trying to keep it to only current & planned Artemis/SLS stuff to avoid scope creep. If you expand it out too much you could end up encompassing pretty much the entire US space program since the 1980s XD 

12 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Trying to keep it to only current & planned Artemis/SLS stuff to avoid scope creep. If you expand it out too much you could end up encompassing pretty much the entire US space program since the 1980s XD 

Sounds like the rabbit hole that BDB went down. They ran out of real rockets to add so they started adding concepts and fictional variants. Now, look at the sheer size of the download for it!

21 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

lol, true, but I'm not asking for anything really other than Pyrios, as it was, and I think still may be, a contender for the boosters on the SLS. But I understand if you don't want to do it. 

12 minutes ago, Socowez said:

Sounds like the rabbit hole that BDB went down. They ran out of real rockets to add so they started adding concepts and fictional variants. Now, look at the sheer size of the download for it!

That sounds like you don't like having a dozen different functionally-identical magnetometers :)

7 hours ago, benjee10 said:

That's odd to say the least - unfortunately I can't replicate it. Is there anything in the log when it happens? Does it happen every time? 

I'll take a look and see if I can provide a patch to fix it if it is an issue with Photon. 

Funnily enough I am just working on other payload mount options at the moment, to go along with the default 2.5m option:

1.25m:

Screen_Shot_2022-09-21_at_14.41.43.png

0.625m:

Screen_Shot_2022-09-21_at_15.28.33.png

Flat fairing base-style:

Screenshot_2022-09-21_at_22.39.01.png

(these are all still unfinished & pending normal maps etc)

A 1.875m mount seems like it would be a good idea too. I can probably kitbash it out of what I have already. 

These will be variant options for both the USA fairing base, and the new 5m and 6.25m (flared) Simple Adjustable Fairings I'll be adding. 

There's nothing in the log when it does happen and it happens every time.

5 hours ago, GoldForest said:

lol, true, but I'm not asking for anything really other than Pyrios, as it was, and I think still may be, a contender for the boosters on the SLS. But I understand if you don't want to do it. 

Pyrios would be a good addition to SOCK if STS Block 2 ever gets there.

17 hours ago, GoldForest said:

Isn't Pyrios already in the stock game?

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/LFB_KR-1x2_"Twin-Boar"_Liquid_Fuel_Engine

5 minutes ago, Horizons Aerospace said:

While the Twin-Boar is BASED off Pyrios, Pyrios the Twin-boar is not. 

Twin-Boar is also way under-sized, Pyrios would be 3.125m or 3.75m diameter in scale. It also doesn't quite look like Pyrios. It has a similar shape, yes, but I'd rather have an exact replica. 

43 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

While the Twin-Boar is BASED off Pyrios, Pyrios the Twin-boar is not. 

Twin-Boar is also way under-sized, Pyrios would be 3.125m or 3.75m diameter in scale. It also doesn't quite look like Pyrios. It has a similar shape, yes, but I'd rather have an exact replica. 

if you use restock and tweakscale it could be done, though it might not work with waterfall

Artemis Construction Kit | Update 2

screenshot40.png

(screenshots by @Pioneer_Steve)

Pleased to present Artemis Construction Kit Update 2, which adds Space Launch System Block 1B parts! Though I have a growing suspicion that every time I update this mod it causes an Artemis 1 delay....

New parts:

• Exploration Upper Stage & interstage (with multiple colour variants to match the core stage). EUS has multiple engine mount options. 
  • Universal Stage Adapter (with cargo variant) - single-piece adapter/fairing between the EUS and Orion. Serves a similar purpose to the SLA on Apollo, however unlike Apollo it jettisons as a single piece after Orion separation. 
  • 5m Simple Adjustable Fairing base (with 5m and flared 6.25m variants)
  • RL10C-3 part courtesy of Bluedog Design Bureau (thanks @Zorg)

Also includes a number of balance changes and bug fixes, as well as updated craft files. 

Simple Adjustable Fairings is now a dependency and is bundled with the download. 

Now available on GitHub and SpaceDock

screenshot24.png?width=1620&height=911

2 hours ago, JebTheDestroyer said:

Love the addition of the new 5m fairing, but noticed that the staging icon for it actually signifies the built in decoupler which kinda throws off the delta-V calcs. Maybe you could do it the way BDB does it, and have the staging for the fairing be to jettison the fairing itself instead of the payload.

In the release I've updated this so the fairing uses the decoupler icon. SAF fairings auto-deploy at a configurable altitude by default, so there is no need to manually stage them. However, if you'd like to do this you can toggle off the decoupler and only the fairing will stage instead. 

HAPPY RELEASE OF VERSION 1.20 BLOCK 1B EVERYONE :D:D:D:D:D. now all we need is kertemis's discovery boosters for sls block 2

2 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Pleased to present Artemis Construction Kit Update 2, which adds Space Launch System Block 1B parts! Though I have a growing suspicion that every time I update this mod it causes an Artemis 1 delay....

bro truth

On 9/23/2022 at 7:32 AM, Horizons Aerospace said:

if you use restock and tweakscale it could be done, though it might not work with waterfall

or u could use BDB for the F1-B stuff and LRBs

Edited by Seadragon420
adding m o r e

38 minutes ago, guest10985 said:

Hey, for some reason I can't get the SLS version of the rs-25 from RMM I have reinstalled both ACK and RMM multiple times and it will on work, does anyone know what is going on?

Make sure you do a clean reinstall (delete the existing folders and re-download) and make sure you have the latest dev version of RMM (the SLS version isn’t in the latest major release IIRC). 

On 9/22/2022 at 1:51 PM, benjee10 said:

Sounds about right. Though a BDB/Tantares style mod for the shuttle/spacex/sls years sounds pretty neat!

Not making a request at all, just sharing my thoughts.

5 hours ago, JebTheDestroyer said:

I can't seem to find to the RL-10 C-3 anywhere in my parts list, or as variants of the existing RL-10 engines, despite them seemingly appearing in my mod files. I have Bluedog Design Bureau as well if that's relevant. Here's my log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15fleP4WCXXOaTcoNFZkFreNalCNQLZL3/view?usp=sharing  

You need to use the Dev branch of BDB to get the RL-10C