[1.12.x] Artemis Construction Kit | Stockalike Orion & SLS | v1.4.0 | (Lockheed lander!)

benjee10

Receiving a b9partswitch error when I installed BDB after having already installed Artemis.

The error I'm getting is: [ERROR] [Part bluedog.DeltaIV.DCSS.5m] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'textureSwitchPaint'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Blue, White, White (Alt), White (Topaz)

Here is my log file: Log posted on KSP discord channel

Here is more info also in discord channel: Start of message

4 minutes ago, Fihnakis said:

Receiving a b9partswitch error when I installed BDB after having already installed Artemis.

The error I'm getting is: [ERROR] [Part bluedog.DeltaIV.DCSS.5m] [ModuleB9PartSwitch 'textureSwitchPaint'] Duplicate subtype names detected: Blue, White, White (Alt), White (Topaz)

Delete the "ICPS" folder inside the "Benjee_Orion" folder.

10 hours ago, Fihnakis said:

Can you verify that you are using the latest version of Artemis Construction Kit (i.e. with Exploration Upper Stage added)? This should have been fixed with that update. 

As GoldForest said, you can safely remove the 'ICPS' folder if you have the latest dev version of BDB installed. 

2 hours ago, dababykerman said:

Hey guys, so I'm using the SLS craft file and it appears the engines are a bit low for the SDLV mount, as in the heat shield is in mid air. Am I supposed to tweakscale it or offset them? 

The part switch changes the attach node as well. Since the default option’s node is at the top of the engine and not where a heatshield would start, I guess the game placed it like that because it wasn’t expecting the different node position. Just a theory tho.

You should be able to fix it by replacing them with new Cotopaxis, just swap the Mount to SDLV before attaching and you’re good. Or just reattach the engines that loaded with the craft file. Easily fixable either way.

13 hours ago, dababykerman said:

Hey guys, so I'm using the SLS craft file and it appears the engines are a bit low for the SDLV mount, as in the heat shield is in mid air. Am I supposed to tweakscale it or offset them? 

Sounds like you have the old version of the RMM SSMEs. Update RMM to the dev version or remove RMM and it will fall back on the part included with ACK. 

50 minutes ago, Capt. Hunt said:

hey, @benjee10, the craft files for all three versions of the SLS say they are missing a restock launch clamp part.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that the Orion doesn't have a comm antenna.

Good spot. I will rebuild the craft without restock installed. 

Orion doesn't have a deployable antenna in real life - the four black patches on the capsule are phased array antennas. 

Artemis Construction Kit | Update 3

screenshot28.png

(screenshots by @Pioneer_Steve)

This update adds all the remaining parts to build the extremely powerful Space Launch System Block 2 vehicle. The differences are subtle but provide a big boost to performance. 

Key features:

• SLS Block 2 boosters AKA BOLE (Booster Obsolescence and Life Extension). These are much simplified advanced versions of the STS/Constellation boosters to be used on SLS flights 1-9. With a significant mass reduction, simplified construction and improved performance they offer a significant boost to payload to orbit. The boosters are configurable between 1-5 segments and also feature an inline variant for use on other launch vehicles. 
  • Block 2 booster decoupler & separation motor
  • Exploration Upper Stage Composite Construction. This variant upgrade significantly reduces the mass of the EUS for greater performance. 
  • Artemis Construction Kit flags
  • Community Category Kit integration courtesy of Lennon

SLS_Evolution_Unmerged.png

The full SLS family (created by @Pioneer_Steve)

The new BOLE boosters also share a lot in common with a certain other rocket concept:

screenshot28.png?width=1620&height=911

Now available on GitHub and SpaceDock

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

[Snip]

This update adds all the remaining parts to build the extremely powerful Space Launch System Block 2 vehicle. The differences are subtle but provide a big boost to performance. 

Key features:

• SLS Block 2 boosters AKA BOLE (Booster Obsolescence and Life Extension). These are much simplified advanced versions of the STS/Constellation boosters to be used on SLS flights 1-9. With a significant mass reduction, simplified construction and improved performance they offer a significant boost to payload to orbit. The boosters are configurable between 1-5 segments and also feature an inline variant for use on other launch vehicles. 
  • Exploration Upper Stage Composite Construction. This variant upgrade significantly reduces the mass of the EUS for greater performance. 

[Snip]

The new BOLE boosters also share a lot in common with a certain other rocket concept:

[Snip]

7 days after the last major update, we get another one? Damn dude. Given it's only a few parts, but still. That's fast. 

What else you got in store for us? 

Extended EUS? 

20141119_planetary-concepts.png

I know this is Early SLS which isn't the same as the SLS now, but it would be nice to have a higher performance EUS if you would consider adding it. 

Also, side note: is it just me or are those J-2X's on the EEUS (Extended-EUS)? 

Edited by GoldForest

13 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

7 days after the last major update, we get another one? Damn dude. Given it's only a few parts, but still. That's fast. 

What else you got in store for us? 

Extended EUS? 

20141119_planetary-concepts.png

I know this is Early SLS which isn't the same as the SLS now, but it would be nice to have a higher performance EUS if you would consider adding it. 

Also, side note: is it just me or are those J-2X's on the EEUS (Extended-EUS)? 

Is EEUS an actual proposal or is that just the old EUS design? I know they shrunk the LOX tank significantly. Either way I can certainly look into it - it might be possible without needing too much extra modelling/texturing work.

In regards to future plans I do have a couple of other things in the works for this mod, so watch this space…

30 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Is EEUS an actual proposal or is that just the old EUS design? I know they shrunk the LOX tank significantly. Either way I can certainly look into it - it might be possible without needing too much extra modelling/texturing work.

In regards to future plans I do have a couple of other things in the works for this mod, so watch this space…

Planetary exploration with SLS | The Planetary Society

I did a little looking around and this is the only site I can find the image from, so might be a site-specific concept art. Sorry, never mind.

2 hours ago, benjee10 said:

screenshot28.png

Key features:

SLS_Evolution_Unmerged.png

screenshot28.png?width=1620&height=911

I don't recognize that concept at the bottom, but I am hyped!

6 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Isn't it OmegA?

Cool. This is actually the first time I've been formally introduced to this concept. I've heard of it in passing before but didn't really pay that much attention until now. So this thing is basically SRB-X's even crazier cousin? I'm surprised by the use of STAGED motors.

8 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Cool. This is actually the first time I've been formally introduced to this concept. I've heard of it in passing before but didn't really pay that much attention until now. So this thing is basically SRB-X's even crazier cousin? I'm surprised by the use of STAGED motors.

IIRC it was going to launch from SLS's mobile launch platform, crazy stuff!

7 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Staged SRBs are nothing new. Peacekeeper, Minotaur and Athena all are SRB only launch vehicles, with RCS boost stages. At least OmegAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA has a cyrogenic upper stage that resembles a smaller EUS/larger DCSS

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Staged SRBs are nothing new. Peacekeeper, Minotaur and Athena all are SRB only launch vehicles, with RCS boost stages. At least OmegAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA has a cyrogenic upper stage that resembles a smaller EUS/larger DCSS

Yeah, but it’s still crazy.

1 hour ago, Jay K. Supertramp said:

I can't use the main stage because the fuel is a mono fuel tank, LH only without the oxidante. why?

in can't understand the problem.

[snip image download link]

If you are using Interstellar Fuel Switch it will interfere and patch over the resources that are meant to be in the tank, so you'll need to remove it. 

Hey benjee, I'm still having that problem with mechjeb with the automatic separation (or it's just turning off for some reason and I lose all control of it) of the entire lower stage (SRBs, main engines, fuel tanks, etc.) And I've reinstalled mechjeb and ACK. I was wondering if you knew anything about this?