[1.12.x] Artemis Construction Kit | Stockalike Orion & SLS | v1.4.0 | (Lockheed lander!)

benjee10

Thanks everyone, glad you are enjoying!

9 hours ago, luftwaffles said:

This is really good but for me the capsule isnt reflective do you know how to fix this?

You don't need TU for this as it uses the stock reflective shader. If you could post a screenshot of what you're encountering I might be able to help troubleshoot. 

Hello - thanks for sharing this excellent work!

I could use some help diagnosing what's up on my system. I have a 68MB log file full of:

[ERR 09:21:52.538] Bones do not match bindpose.

Oddly, these don't seem to appear in the console at runtime, only in the log file.

Using release from Spacedock.

Here's a snippet:

Spoiler

[LOG 09:21:52.491] Load(Model): Benjee10_Orion/Parts/orion_auxThruster_2
[LOG 09:21:52.503] Load(Model): Benjee10_Orion/Parts/orion_Capsule
[LOG 09:21:52.522] Load(Model): Benjee10_Orion/Parts/orion_drogueChute
[ERR 09:21:52.537] File error:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: shader
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Material.CreateWithShader(UnityEngine.Material,UnityEngine.Shader)
  at UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) [0x00008] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at PartReader.ReadMaterial4 (System.IO.BinaryReader br) [0x0001f] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x005ca] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at PartReader.Read (UrlDir+UrlFile file) [0x000c1] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 

[WRN 09:21:52.537] Model load error in 'F:\World\GameData\Benjee10_Orion\Parts\orion_drogueChute.mu'

[ERR 09:21:52.539] Bones do not match bindpose.

[LOG 09:21:52.542] Load(Model): Benjee10_Orion/Parts/orion_drogueChuteDouble
[ERR 09:21:52.570] File error:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: shader
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Material.CreateWithShader(UnityEngine.Material,UnityEngine.Shader)
  at UnityEngine.Material..ctor (UnityEngine.Shader shader) [0x00008] in <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0 
  at PartReader.ReadMaterial4 (System.IO.BinaryReader br) [0x0001f] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at PartReader.ReadChild (System.IO.BinaryReader br, UnityEngine.Transform parent) [0x005ca] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 
  at PartReader.Read (UrlDir+UrlFile file) [0x000c1] in <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0 

[WRN 09:21:52.570] Model load error in 'F:\World\GameData\Benjee10_Orion\Parts\orion_drogueChuteDouble.mu'
[ERR 09:21:52.570] Bones do not match bindpose.

[ERR 09:21:52.570] Bones do not match bindpose.

And a link to the complete log file, zipped:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CZrA0fnHqFxhXLNTYlYcunAPysnEJV9r?usp=sharing

Thanks for any ideas!

13 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hello - thanks for sharing this excellent work!

I could use some help diagnosing what's up on my system. I have a 68MB log file full of:

Oddly, these don't seem to appear in the console at runtime, only in the log file.

Using release from Spacedock.

Are you having any issues with the parts in game?

I was wondering if you'd be posting something for SLS, and I am not disappointed in the slightest. The difference between this and ReDirect is frankly astonishing and you should feel incredibly proud. Spectacular work from one of the best part makers in KSP.

3 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

None that I know of! I've flown a few trips to orbit with reDirect parts for the LV. Have used escape tower, solar panels, service module, rcs, engine - no issues so far.

Seems like it is a warning that can be ignored, think it relates to the parachutes as these use bones to give them a more convincing animation. As far as a I can tell the warning is tripped when the model starts in a position that doesn't match how the bone weights were assigned. This makes sense as the parachutes start in the packed position but the weights were assigned in the deployed position.

That's my best guess anyway - it doesn't seem like there are any problems with the parachute parts or that the warnings are causing any performance issues. If anyone knows better on that please let me know and I'll look into it further. 

1 hour ago, Snappy said:

(Note: Found out it was on Ckan but not available)

I've requested it be added to Ckan via SpaceDock so I imagine it's just a matter of time. 

19 minutes ago, KSPNerd said:

I was wondering if you'd be posting something for SLS, and I am not disappointed in the slightest. The difference between this and ReDirect is frankly astonishing and you should feel incredibly proud. Spectacular work from one of the best part makers in KSP.

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

I've requested it be added to Ckan via SpaceDock so I imagine it's just a matter of time. 

It's there, but the SharedAssets and HabTechProps dependencies have a KSP_VERSION_MAX of 1.11.99, so users on KSP 1.12 won't see them as compatible unless they adjust their settings.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

14 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

It's there, but the SharedAssets and HabTechProps dependencies have a KSP_VERSION_MAX of 1.11.99, so users on KSP 1.12 won't see them as compatible unless they adjust their settings.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#choosing-compatible-game-versions

D'oh - I'll get that fixed shortly!

EDIT: Hopefully fixed now

Edited by benjee10

19 minutes ago, benjee10 said:

Seems like it is a warning that can be ignored,

Hmm, not really an option for me as my disk space is not unlimited, and that 68MB log was generated in only a couple minutes of flight.

I guess I'll watch for updates then try the mod again at that point. Thank you for taking a look.

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hmm, not really an option for me as my disk space is not unlimited, and that 68MB log was generated in only a couple minutes of flight.

I guess I'll watch for updates then try the mod again at that point. Thank you for taking a look.

OK, I think have the culprit - it seems like this log spam gets generated when Shabby & Shaddy aren't installed. Shaddy provides shaders for the chutes and the way I made this optional was to have two meshes, one using a default KSP shader and one using a Shaddy shader, and swap between them using ModuleManager if Shaddy is detected. However, KSP tries to load the mesh anyway even if it isn't being used, and isn't able to if Shaddy isn't installed since it can't find the shader. This then throws the exception as there is no mesh for the bones to bind to. 

To be honest, I don't know a way round this. However, there are a couple of bits of good news:

1. It seems to only spam the error during loading. As far as I can tell from your log and my testing there is no spam during flight. Which means your log bloat will be capped by the load time and won't continue to grow as you play. 
  2. It looks like you are on KSP 1.12.2, so Shaddy should work for you. You can grab it here (you will need its dependencies too). This will fix the log spam and you'll get nicer looking parachutes. Win-win! 

For those of you stuck on 1.11 or otherwise unable/unwilling to use Shaddy I will keep looking into this as it obviously isn't ideal. Nothing game breaking but if I find a solution I will implement it. 

31 minutes ago, obnox twin said:

I might try SOCK but because of time of me being busy the whole week maybe but Orion would be my first IVA using Raster and ASET

SOCK will be trickier as the MFDs and some controls are part of the IVA mesh. In Orion all the controls and MFDs are just props, so you can disable them in the config. I plan to adjust the SOCK IVA in future to make custom IVAs easier. 

Will be excited to see any IVAs people make using RPM/MAS and happy to post links in the OP

25 minutes ago, Soviet_Velir said:

Benjee, its  looks just great! But I'm wondering if there is a SLS in fashion? Or is a Redirect also needed?

So for the moment your best bet is probably a mix of NFLV for the core stage, BDB for the ICPS and Photon Corp for the boosters. You could use reDIRECT too but the parts are quite old now. 

As for whether I will be adding SLS in the future, well... it is Artemis construction kit after all and not Orion... ;)

2 hours ago, benjee10 said:

OK, I think have the culprit - it seems like this log spam gets generated when Shabby & Shaddy aren't installed. Shaddy provides shaders for the chutes and the way I made this optional was to have two meshes, one using a default KSP shader and one using a Shaddy shader, and swap between them using ModuleManager if Shaddy is detected. However, KSP tries to load the mesh anyway even if it isn't being used, and isn't able to if Shaddy isn't installed since it can't find the shader. This then throws the exception as there is no mesh for the bones to bind to. 

To be honest, I don't know a way round this. However, there are a couple of bits of good news:

1. It seems to only spam the error during loading. As far as I can tell from your log and my testing there is no spam during flight. Which means your log bloat will be capped by the load time and won't continue to grow as you play. 
  2. It looks like you are on KSP 1.12.2, so Shaddy should work for you. You can grab it here (you will need its dependencies too). This will fix the log spam and you'll get nicer looking parachutes. Win-win! 

For those of you stuck on 1.11 or otherwise unable/unwilling to use Shaddy I will keep looking into this as it obviously isn't ideal. Nothing game breaking but if I find a solution I will implement it. 

SOCK will be trickier as the MFDs and some controls are part of the IVA mesh. In Orion all the controls and MFDs are just props, so you can disable them in the config. I plan to adjust the SOCK IVA in future to make custom IVAs easier. 

Will be excited to see any IVAs people make using RPM/MAS and happy to post links in the OP

So for the moment your best bet is probably a mix of NFLV for the core stage, BDB for the ICPS and Photon Corp for the boosters. You could use reDIRECT too but the parts are quite old now. 

As for whether I will be adding SLS in the future, well... it is Artemis construction kit after all and not Orion... ;)

NFLV?