[1.12.x] Artemis Construction Kit | Stockalike Orion & SLS | v1.4.0 | (Lockheed lander!)

benjee10

9 minutes ago, LoadingTimeExpert said:

Are those custom parachutes you mentioned added by a different mod? Because I can't seem to find them, and the craft file doesn't work

No, they should be included. Please send me your log file and I'll see if I can figure out what's going on. 

5 minutes ago, LoadingTimeExpert said:

Okay, here is the link to the file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jvXZg7zB0pHYIjjqlyzPGNUnnPlOFIZ3/view?usp=sharing

I do have a lot of other mods installed, so it might be a conflict with something else maybe? I can try uninstalling everything else later and reinstalling this mod

Hmm okay, that is strange. Looks like you have Shaddy installed so the model switch patch is kicking in, but it still can't load the models. So for some reason the shaders Shaddy adds aren't being loaded correctly.

Can you try doing a clean redownload & reinstall of Shaddy, Shabby and their dependencies? 

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

Hmm okay, that is strange. Looks like you have Shaddy installed so the model switch patch is kicking in, but it still can't load the models. So for some reason the shaders Shaddy adds aren't being loaded correctly.

Can you try doing a clean redownload & reinstall of Shaddy, Shabby and their dependencies? 

That worked! Thank you very much

36 minutes ago, RiccRacc said:

what part should i use for  the interstage

Use an orange fairing. Build the fairing onto the edge of the ICPS 3.125m section, and set "fairing staged" to false. 

At least, this is what I do. Any better options are welcome

4 minutes ago, SixAndAHalfMen said:

Is this mod a replacment for Redirect?

Love it BTW!

its a replacement foor the orion in redirect

allthough the old orion from re direct stays in the gaame

On 8/29/2022 at 4:13 AM, Pioneer_Steve said:

KSP_x64_8q3kCO63op.png?width=1664&height

what  parts did you use for the core and what part  do you use for the interstage

13 minutes ago, RiccRacc said:

its a replacement foor the orion in redirect

allthough the old orion from re direct stays in the gaame

l

what  parts did you use for the core and what part  do you use for the interstage

I think the cryogenic stage is Blue design Bureau and RL-10 and the first stage redirect I am guessing

On 8/29/2022 at 6:30 AM, GoldForest said:

srpHV5p.png

CYT4f6k.png

tyFVEjo.png

11j7wkk.png

YF5TNqP.png

Full album: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Did a flyby of the Mun. Unfortunately, no return pics due to a staging mishap... namely me accidentally hitting space and caught the capsule to detach from the SM. 

@benjee10 SLS remake for ReDirect or SLS addon for ARK when? :P Gotta keep the ball rolling!

How'd you get the BDB ICPS to clip into the REDIRECT SLS?

39 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

How'd you get the BDB ICPS to clip into the REDIRECT SLS?

I didn't. The redirect ICPS interstage is too short, the engine clips into the main tank. To stop this, I attach the Ares I instrument unit on the ICPS then attach the interstage to the Ares I IU. The IU can't be decoupled tho, but I can live with that.

On 8/29/2022 at 4:38 PM, benjee10 said:

So for the moment your best bet is probably a mix of NFLV for the core stage, BDB for the ICPS and Photon Corp for the boosters. You could use reDIRECT too but the parts are quite old now. 

As for whether I will be adding SLS in the future, well... it is Artemis construction kit after all and not Orion... ;)

:D

7 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

A topic I'm not sure how to ask about:  solar panel sun tracking while solar panels are angled fore/aft. I've only seen pictures of Orion's panels perfectly flat while swept, but in KSP of course you can end up with funky angles. Thoughts?

I seem to recall a mod floating around a while back that let you toggle sun tracking on panels. No idea what it was called but if that's still going it would solve the problem. No way of doing it with just the stock solar array functionality unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Hopefully should work out of the box. 

Hmm, well, I'd give it a score of "meh" currently ... a) has a dependency I don't want, b) cannot stop tracking via action group, c) when tracking is disabled via PAW, the solar panel simply stops at its current angle, so there's no way to straighten them out, really. Wouldn't really recommend for normal flight operations. That said, if all someone wants is pictures, it could probably be made to work for that by facing the sun at the build angle, turning off tracking, then moving them.