[1.12.x] Artemis Construction Kit | Stockalike Orion & SLS | v1.4.0 | (Lockheed lander!)

benjee10

2 hours ago, benjee10 said:

The craft files are included with the GitHub download, just make sure you download the release and not the source code - if you download the source code you will just get the latest dev version of the mod and none of the dependencies/craft files.

I've updated the link in the OP so it takes you to the releases page directly to make that a bit clearer.

A little progress on SLS Block 1B:

Screen_Shot_2022-09-07_at_18.55.09.png

Could you make the heatshield toggleable?

1 hour ago, GoldForest said:

Are you making the RL-10C-3 or is someone from BDB?

Don't have an answer on that currently, what you see in the pic are modified BDB engines as placeholders.

1 hour ago, SpaceFace545 said:

Could you make the heatshield toggleable?

Yes, current plan is toggle able heat shield + single, double and quad mount variants. 

1 hour ago, benjee10 said:

Don't have an answer on that currently, what you see in the pic are modified BDB engines as placeholders.

Yes, current plan is toggle able heat shield + single, double and quad mount variants. 

Don't have an answer as in you and BDB are in talks, or don't have an answer as in "No comment" NDA and BDB is working on the engine? :P

1 hour ago, dababykerman said:

Does anyone know why the craft files have missing/invalid parts?

SRB decoupler from PhotonCorp should have been imported but it wasn't, download PhotonCorp and you should be fine

3 hours ago, Adam-Kerman said:

MZ5Af4U.png

Reveal hidden contents

JhXgwOt.png

KSP 1.12.3

Log needed?

SkyhawkScienceSystem renames the fuels, you're not missing anything. LqdOxidizer is renamed as LqdOxygen, LiquidFuel is renamed as Kerosene, etc. I don't see what's wrong, maybe I am addressing the wrong part of this screenshot?

Also, you should get Kerbal Engineer. If you click the scroll wheel over an engine, it will tell you what fuel it consumes for less "try different fuels to see if the dV readout goes up" shenanigans.

EDIT: Excuse my previous suggestion, that wasn't what you meant.

anyway, the SL-F thing has raceway and SOFI variants, but I think it's the same thing as the SLS core stage part? If I think correctly, you could use the SL-F cryogenic fuel tank in the place of the other part, but in case they're not the same part, ignore this. I'm loading up KSP at the moment to confirm what the SL-F thing is

I might be more of a hindrance than a help right now sorry

EDIT 2: SL-F Cryogenic Fuel Tank is the one you should use. I think you overwrit the beta when you downloaded the main release, making a duplicate part under a new name. Delete Benje10_Orion AND THEN install the latest release. Do not overwrite the old file.

Edited by Socowez
edit 1 was derp, edit 2 was conclusion

On 9/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, benjee10 said:

Any chance we could get a 5m/5m expanded fairing using Simple Adjustable Fairings?

Edited by JebTheDestroyer

21 hours ago, dababykerman said:

Does anyone know why the craft files have missing/invalid parts?

Try doing a clean reinstall (i.e. delete the mod folders & do a new download) of both ACK & its dependencies and any of the bundled mods you may have installed (e.g. Photon Corp). If the issue persists let me know what parts are missing. 

15 hours ago, cfopcuber2 said:

The orions parachutes are not showing up, have shabby and shaddy

Make sure you are running KSP 1.12 or later and have an up to date install of Shabby, Shaddy and any dependencies (e.g. Harmony for Shabby). If it still doesn't work you can remove Shabby & Shaddy and the chutes will fall back on using the stock shaders instead. 

7 hours ago, JebTheDestroyer said:

Any chance we could get a 5m/5m expanded fairing using Simple Adjustable Fairings?

Yes, I plan to add appropriate fairings down the line. 

42 minutes ago, MrFancyPL said:

Hello, I have installed ACK and Waterfall, but plumes don't work on the SRBs, other plumes seem to work fine.
Modlist:

Reveal hidden contents

XA0t3NW.png
1LRO0fS.png

This is known issue, delete the Restock.cfg patch in GameData/Benjee10_Orion/Patches/ or grab the latest version of the main branch from GitHub & do a clean install. 

Progress on EUS:

Screenshot_2022-09-11_at_17.48.58.png

2 hours ago, benjee10 said:

Try doing a clean reinstall (i.e. delete the mod folders & do a new download) of both ACK & its dependencies and any of the bundled mods you may have installed (e.g. Photon Corp). If the issue persists let me know what parts are missing. 

Make sure you are running KSP 1.12 or later and have an up to date install of Shabby, Shaddy and any dependencies (e.g. Harmony for Shabby). If it still doesn't work you can remove Shabby & Shaddy and the chutes will fall back on using the stock shaders instead. 

This is known issue, delete the Restock.cfg patch in GameData/Benjee10_Orion/Patches/ or grab the latest version of the main branch from GitHub & do a clean install. 

Progress on EUS:

Ooh pretty!

6 hours ago, benjee10 said:

I'm using 1.11. I thought  that part mods were backwards compatible until 1.8.1 the parachutes are were there on the beta verion.

2 hours ago, cfopcuber2 said:

I'm using 1.11. I thought  that part mods were backwards compatible until 1.8.1 the parachutes are were there on the beta verion.

Yes, most parts mods are backwards compatible to 1.8.1, including this one. However, Shaddy (which is optional) requires 1.12+. If you install Shaddy on a version it doesn't work on, the game will still try to load the shaddy parachute assets and fail, causing the part not to load. As I said the mod will fall back on using stock shaders if Shaddy is not present, so uninstall it and it will work fine for you. 

On 9/11/2022 at 6:03 PM, benjee10 said:

Progress on EUS:

Wow, this is freaking epic!

On 9/11/2022 at 6:03 PM, benjee10 said:

Progress on EUS:

dang this is beautiful, like seriously. Also are there any plans on making this more like reDIRECT, like SOCK integration and Constellation program parts? Edit: I saw that another person asked basically the same thing although not mentioning the constellation program, and making the et and decoupler in SOCK

Edited by Seadragon420
realised there was another person already asking the same thing and i got the explamation

2 hours ago, RiccRacc said:

any plans on making a ET and decoupler for shuttle and include it in SOCK so we can abandon REDirect?

EStreetRockets and InvaderChaos are working on a mod called ORANGES just like that, but this is Artemis Construction Kit, not Everything With Orange Foam Construction  Kit. If Benjee does make an ET, it will be in a reDirect remaster 

2 hours ago, Socowez said:

EStreetRockets and InvaderChaos are working on a mod called ORANGES just like that, but this is Artemis Construction Kit, not Everything With Orange Foam Construction  Kit. If Benjee does make an ET, it will be in a reDirect remaster 

Is there a forum post for ORANGES? Sounds pretty neat. 

8 hours ago, JebTheDestroyer said:

Noticed a potential oversight in the APAS ports. The active variant has a hatch with a docking target while the passive version has no hatch, and (correct me if I'm wrong) it's the other way around in real life.

The ‘passive’ version in game is an analogue for the ISS International Docking Adapter, which is basically just a docking ring they attached on top of an existing APAS port. It has no hatch or docking target.

11 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Is there a forum post for ORANGES? Sounds pretty neat. 

There isn’t one yet, as far as I know, the name and logo just got announced on EStreet’s twitter a week ago so I would guess it’s gonna be a while before it’s fleshed out enough for release

Heres the tweet: 

Edited by Socowez
Add twitter link

4 minutes ago, Socowez said:

There isn’t one yet, as far as I know, the name and logo just got announced on EStreet’s twitter a week ago so I would guess it’s gonna be a while before it’s fleshed out enough for release

Heres the tweet: 

As a Floridian, the literal orange in Oranges makes me happy.