[1.12.x] Artemis Construction Kit | Stockalike Orion & SLS | v1.4.0 | (Lockheed lander!)

benjee10

1 hour ago, xD-FireStriker said:

This seems a little strange, got this error after installing Bluedog

Actually totally expected. You can delete the ICPS folder from ACK to fix it. And if you have RMM installed you need to remove the SSME folder. These are folders that contain parts duplicated from these other two mods in case you don't have them. But if you do, then you don't need the ACK folders for them.

14 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Actually totally expected. You can delete the ICPS folder from ACK to fix it. And if you have RMM installed you need to remove the SSME folder. These are folders that contain parts duplicated from these other two mods in case you don't have them. But if you do, then you don't need the ACK folders for them.

Funny enough when installing RMM the duplicate Part becomes disabled. i will do that to resolve the issue but i thought benjee10 said it auto disabled the parts when the mods are installed

52 minutes ago, xD-FireStriker said:

but i thought benjee10 said it auto disabled the parts when the mods are installed

It should, but there's a minor patch error in this case. Should be fixed soon next update.

Really love this SLS mod, best so far.   In the past I've kitbashed my own mostly stock version as well as using both the reDirect/reStock "Olympus" and the older huge 7.5m dia. SLS by Sobkos mods when running ksp v1.11.2.  I now have my tweaked Block 1 done and I noticed even at 0% decoupling force on the Service Module Adapter that the CM/SM pretty much "rockets" away upon the decoupling.  I looked inside the Service Module Adapter and saw that the top of the ICPS tank and plumbing intersects the Viking OME, so this is a parts collider issue during the decoupling that's causing the problem.  Am I missing something here, like a spacer maybe as part of the build, or is this something of a bug that needs to be addressed with the ICPS cryo tank?  I could kitbash with a hollow cylinder for a spacer but that would lengthen the package pushing it out of proportion to the real ICPS/Orion if my current build is correct.

Edit...  Well, that was easy.  I didn't realize there were craft files in the "Stock" folder until I was rereading the start of this thread.   I loaded up the stock Block 1 and saw the Orion stage adapter, which would be the "spacer" I mentioned up above.  It wasn't in the folder that I guess "The Janitor's Closet" adds titled "Artemis Construction Kit".  I do remember when I was building the SLS that the diameter of the ICPS when joined to the Service Module Adapter seemed just a might bit too small.

Edited by rnyboy

1 hour ago, rnyboy said:

Really love this SLS mod, best so far.   In the past I've kitbashed my own mostly stock version as well as using both the reDirect/reStock "Olympus" and the older huge 7.5m dia. SLS by Sobkos mods when running ksp v1.11.2.  I now have my tweaked Block 1 done and I noticed even at 0% decoupling force on the Service Module Adapter that the CM/SM pretty much "rockets" away upon the decoupling.  I looked inside the Service Module Adapter and saw that the top of the ICPS tank and plumbing intersects the Viking OME, so this is a parts collider issue during the decoupling that's causing the problem.  Am I missing something here, like a spacer maybe as part of the build, or is this something of a bug that needs to be addressed with the ICPS cryo tank?  I could kitbash with a hollow cylinder for a spacer but that would lengthen the package pushing it out of proportion to the real ICPS/Orion if my current build is correct.

I haven't noticed this problem. Perhaps provide an image of your craft in the VAB?

30 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

I haven't noticed this problem. Perhaps provide an image of your craft in the VAB?

I solved it during rereading the first page of this addon.  I missed that there were craft files and it turned out I was missing the Orion Stage Adapter, the "spacer" I asked about in my post above.   If the Adapter would have been included in what I guess was the Janitor's Closet sorting things into the Artemis Construction Kit folder I would have found it straight off.

16 hours ago, Fisherton said:

I'm having a bug that is not letting me put 2 fuel types inside one tank, I think a other mod might be effecting it but I'm not sure

Uninstall interstellar fuel switch and install cryotanks instead. I don't know why people even still use IFS anymore. It's outdated and obsolete.

• 2 weeks later...

On a newly-installed instance of the mod, downloaded via Spacedock, the service module decoupler does not actually function as a decoupler. It has no features in either the right click menu or the action group menu other than enable/disable crossfeed. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?

JmWyhFk.png

Edited by septemberWaves

14 minutes ago, septemberWaves said:

On a newly-installed instance of the mod, downloaded via Spacedock, the service module decoupler does not actually function as a decoupler. It has no features in either the right click menu or the action group menu other than enable/disable crossfeed. Does anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?

JmWyhFk.png

Did check all Dependencies?

Believe decoupling is the Mod "Animated Decoupler" 

3 hours ago, KrAu said:

Hi,I can't use your SLS in RSSRO,1.12.3 version,it told me the engine "cotopaxl" can't load,how can I solve this problem?

This mod isn`t made for RSS/RO. You need to write RO-configs for this or ask the RO-guys to do this.