[1.12.x] Artemis Construction Kit | Stockalike Orion & SLS | v1.4.0 | (Lockheed lander!)

benjee10

On 12/14/2022 at 8:54 PM, KeaKaka said:

No, because there's no shuttle ET (External Tank) included in the mod. There's another mod coming out soon which will have an updated ET, so stay tuned

What mod are you reffering to? And has it come out yet? Really wanna use SOCK but don't wanna deal with the old reDIRECT.

1 hour ago, ThatGuyOnTheLeft said:

What mod are you reffering to? And has it come out yet? Really wanna use SOCK but don't wanna deal with the old reDIRECT.

ORANGES from @EStreetRockets and @Invaderchaos
https://github.com/EStreetRockets/ORANGES

They actually just released the ET for the pack last night, but it's still a WIP. It looks really nice so far and (at least for me) works as advertised. The mod also includes a lot of proposed rockets from that era.

I'm having a problem where I can't get LH2/Ox on ACK fuel tanks but I can on NFLV, I don't have IFS installed.

So I installed interstellar fuel switch, NFLV and BDB works but ACK only has one fuel option.

Edited by Kriegio

19 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

ORANGES from @EStreetRockets and @Invaderchaos
https://github.com/EStreetRockets/ORANGES

They actually just released the ET for the pack last night, but it's still a WIP. It looks really nice so far and (at least for me) works as advertised. The mod also includes a lot of proposed rockets from that era.

As far as I can tell, the ET is way too small and there no mount for it to the shuttle. I don't see allot of parts either, only 25 total. Maybe it's just for me but the mod isin't a suitable replacement to ReDirect.

31 minutes ago, ThatGuyOnTheLeft said:

As far as I can tell, the ET is way too small and there no mount for it to the shuttle. I don't see allot of parts either, only 25 total. Maybe it's just for me but the mod isin't a suitable replacement to ReDirect.

I think you are looking at the wrong parts, there are some smaller tanks included but the ET was added yesterday:

FnAlwt2XwAEh1cH?format=jpg&name=large

(screenshot by Talv on Twitter)

On 1/21/2023 at 7:29 PM, Kriegio said:

I'm having a problem where I can't get LH2/Ox on ACK fuel tanks but I can on NFLV, I don't have IFS installed.

So I installed interstellar fuel switch, NFLV and BDB works but ACK only has one fuel option.

Uninstall IFS and install Nertea's Cryoengines/Cryotanks. IFS is obsolete and broken.

26 minutes ago, Entr8899 said:

Uninstall IFS and install Nertea's Cryoengines/Cryotanks. IFS is obsolete and broken.

I said before I didn't have it installed and I still didn't have two fuel options. I don't have IFS, it's not installed, I deleted it but I'm still not getting two fuel options.

6 hours ago, Kriegio said:

I said before I didn't have it installed and I still didn't have two fuel options. I don't have IFS, it's not installed, I deleted it but I'm still not getting two fuel options.

Perhaps B9PartSwitch?

Artemis Construction Kit RO Configs V1.2 is now Available!

All Changes Listed in the Changelog

Changes Include:

- Overhauled ROKerbalism Life Support Integration
- Overhauled Waterfall Support for the Solid Motors and Orion AUX Engines
- RP1 Avionics Support
- Fixes for Orion's Parachutes/RealChute Support
- Support for Benjee10SharedAssets Parts (AJ10, APAS, C-100, and IDA)
- Many Many More Changes, Check the release notes for more!

https://github.com/SkyPhoenix999/Artemis-Construction-Kit-RO-Configs/releases/tag/V1.2

214649183-44bc2c8c-949d-4e14-8615-8ecc5f214649245-499658b7-f0fd-4786-ba82-04f692

Edited by Emperor of Ilve
Version Name

2 minutes ago, DaOPCreeper said:

not sure if this already been mentioned or fixed but i noticed an issue with the bole boosters, any segment length over 1 and the attach node (for a nose cone) goes away.

Screenshots https://imgur.com/a/BKedkaV

I believe that animated attachment causes this issue. See if it persists after removing it. 

49 minutes ago, CalvonVulcan said:

oh yea my mistake, i mean in the SLS block 1 i can reach orbit with the core stage and likely do a TLI with the core stage

KSRSS is at 1x scale, which is smaller than JNSQ (~2.5x-ish scale). Most parts (including stock) are overpowered for 1x scale, and turns out to have realistic (-ish) performance on 2.5x scale systems. Thus, most stock-alike mods (like ACK) are made with 2.5x scale in mind, which leads to more realistic performance.

In your example, instead of Block 1 being able to do TLI with the core at 1x, at 2.5x it can instead barely get to orbit, with the ICPS doing the actual injection.

Just now, bigyihsuan said:

KSRSS is at 1x scale, which is smaller than JNSQ (~2.5x-ish scale). Most parts (including stock) are overpowered for 1x scale, and turns out to have realistic (-ish) performance on 2.5x scale systems. Thus, most stock-alike mods (like ACK) are made with 2.5x scale in mind, which leads to more realistic performance.

In your example, instead of Block 1 being able to do TLI with the core at 1x, at 2.5x it can instead barely get to orbit, with the ICPS doing the actual injection.

Im using KSRSS reborn, the newest version, where it is at 2.7 scale just like jnsq

1 minute ago, CalvonVulcan said:

Im using KSRSS reborn, the newest version, where it is at 2.7 scale just like jnsq

The core stage does perform part of TLI in Block I, in a way at least. If you go into a low circular parking orbit like a regular rocket launch you will end up with way too much delta V left over in the core stage and not enough in the ICPS for TLI. On Artemis I the core stage placed the ICPS into a highly elliptical orbit, with apoapsis at 1,800 km and periapsis at 30km, and the ICPS completed TLI 90 minutes later. I think in testing we converted that to a 60km x 1,200km initial orbit or thereabouts at 2.5x scale. Your mileage may vary but I suspect the issue is you're going into an initial orbit that's circular and much too low; the core stage is much too powerful for the ICPS - it is an interim stage after all. 

On 1/31/2023 at 2:29 PM, benjee10 said:

I suspect the issue is you're going into an initial orbit that's circular and much too low;

On 1/31/2023 at 2:18 PM, CalvonVulcan said:

I did a quick test tonight and my results on JNSQ are shown below.  

The MJ ascent parameters I used are on screen. I could have used a slightly steeper ascent to get a higher Ap and lower Pe, but this profile resulted in an Ap of 894k, and a Pe of 102k. This is on the core+boosters only. Then it's separation, and coasting. When you come back to your Pe with an Ap that high, the dV required for TLI is far less than it would be from a circular orbit. Mine below is about 1200m/s, and the ICPS has 1448m/s.

At least this is my understanding of a simplified flight profile as seen through KSP and ACK. Obviously the timing is important here, as your Pe needs to reside at the proper ejection angle, or at least pretty close. The ejection shown below is prograde only. 

Spoiler

nmnmSVR.png

• 2 weeks later...