[KSP >= 1.3.1] Kourageous Tourists /L - 0.6.0.1 - 2022-1128

Lisias

Kourageous Tourists /L is the sequel for the venerable Kourageous Tourists, from @whale_2 (the great). 

In a Hurry:

• Current Release:  0.6.0.1 for KSP >= 1.3 (2022-1128)
    • It works from KSP 1.3.1 to KSP 1.12.4! Seriously! ;)
    • IMPORTANT
      • Module Manager is needed for handling the patches.
      • Read this post before updating!
    • Downloads

Spoiler
  • Older threads on Forum:
  • Project:
    • Source: on GitHub
      • From 0.6.0.0 and newer, Kourageous Tourists /L is DOUBLE LICENSED:
        • SKL1.0 License
        • and GPLv2 too ;)
        • and the user is allowed to choose the license that best suits his needs:
          • The SKL grants you essential rights for binary use and redistribution. Non revokable but restricted for use and redistribution.
          • GPLv2 grants you additional rights when applicable.
      • Older versions, from 0.5.2.0 and older, are available under:
    • Change Log.
    • Known Issues Mandatory Reading
    • Issue Tracking (You can check what I'm doing here!)

Description:

Space Tourism is the Future, and the Future is now for Kerbals!

Kourageous Tourists /L is the sequel for the venerable Kourageous Tourists, adding different and challenging (or not!) rewarding missions related to tourism to the game:

• Skydiving on planets with atmospheres
  • Swimming on planets with hydrosphere
  • Expeditions to many Points of Interest scattered on the Kerbol System
  • and more to come!

Tourists need to be trained, you just can't let a rookie to sky dive on Laythe without proper training - how to do it and still be profitable is the real challenge!

Don't forget to allow your tourist to take selfies! Remember, "Pictures of it didn't happened!". 

a10lzc8.png

187307797-1a639af9-7ff5-4875-bb58-084333

Support:

I need help in order to proper help you. :) Open the spoiler for instructions about how to get support:

Spoiler

Please provide:

• A concise, textual description of the problem
    • Mentioning the KSP version and the TweakScale version involved
  • A screenshot of the problem
  • When applicable, the .craft file with a vessel that have the problem
  • When asked, the KSP.log and output_txt log from Unity.
    • See this article for instructions.
    • The Player.log changed location:
      • On MacOS
        • For KSP < 1.8, they are on ~/Library/Logs/Unity
        • On KSP >=1.8, you will find the Player.log on ~/Library/Logs/Squad/KSP/
      • On Windows
        • On KSP >=1.8, you will find the Player.log on C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\KSP\
      • On Linux
        • On KSP >=1.8, you will find the Player.log on ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/KSP/
    • Publish the files on DropBox, Google Drive or similar, and post the link so we can inspect it.
      • DO NOT paste the log on Forum, this causes a lot of problems and it's useless, as Forum also truncate the file
        • It's ok to paste small excerpts to pinpoint something, but we still need the full KSP.log and Player.log in order to help you/
      • Do not use pastebin, gist or similars. They have a pretty small cap on the file size, and will truncate the log rendering yet more useless
    • Imgur is a good choice for publishing screenshots when needed.

Using the Issue Tracker is highly encouraged, as GitHub provides services that make everything above easier. You can open an issue there, and call me here pinpointing there to be sure to get my attention.

Thank you.

Edited by Lisias
Release 0.6.0.1 is on the Wild! All your Distribution Channels belong to us!!

ANNOUNCE

Release 0.6.0.0 BETA is available for the brave Kerbonauts that don't fear infuriating the Krakens by taking selfies with them! :sticktongue:

No crashes, no dumps, no Exceptions on the KSP.log to this moment. But other that accepting Contracts and fooling around with Tourists on the KSC, not too much was tested.

This is a significantly huge release, with the following changes:

• Enhancements since the last official release:
    • Full support from KSP 1.3.1 to the latest. #HONEST!!
      • Support for RealChutes
      • For KSP < 1.6, KIS is needed to allow removing Helmets.
    • Added a new ability: SkyDive
    • Rebalance of the abilities for each Tourist Level
    • Allowing Tourists to remove the helmet when they can EVA on KSP >= 1.6
    • MOAR CONTRACTS
      • Swimming contracts for Bodies with Ocean
      • And lots of Anomalies added to Contracts. (more to come)
      • No Spoilers!!
        • Anomaly Contracts are only issued after you scan then on KerbNet!
      • No-nonsense requirements
        • You will not be offered a Contract to a Celestial Body unless you had gone there (and came back in one piece!) 
        • You must had landed there in order to get a Walk contract.
        • You must had splashed there in order to get a Swim contract.
      • Rep Farming Contracts
        • Low payment, heavy work contracts for recovering your reputation!
          • if you are lucky to get them!
      • Configurable requirements (Points of Interest and Celestial Body Accomplishments).
  • Bug fixes:
    • Memory Leaks removed!
    • Mitigating (not properly fixing, however) an issue where the Selfies where being taken too soon and not registering the Kerbal’s emotions.
    • Surviving KSP’s Upgrade(Update?) Pipeline
      • Tourists restrictions are not lost anymore on loading savegames
    • Tourists on External Command Seats (or similar parts) are now correctly handled.
      • Including the ability to take selfies. :) 
    • Contracts for absent Anomalies are not issued
      • Planet Packs (as JNSQ) that remove/change the Anomalies are not a problem anymore
        • Contracts tailored for Planet Packs are now possible!
  • Known Issues:
    • SkyDivers will poof if they go beyound the Physics Range of the focused vessel. #3
    • The Contract payments don’t scale with the difficulty, they are a flat rate. #4
    • Support for EVA Fuel/Enhancements/Follower are temporarily disabled. #8
  • Closes issues:
    • #2 Prevent creating Contracts for absent Anomalies

See OP for the links.

— — — — —

This Release will be published using the following Schedule:

• GitHub. Right Now.
  • CurseForge. Hopefully Soon
  • SpaceDock.  Eventually!

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi che entrate

This is a beta release for testing and troubleshooting, not meant for wide public consumption.

Bugs and mishaps are expected, do not use it on valuable savegames! Use at your own risk.

Your attention please

You need (temporarily) to install the latest release of KSPe in order to have this release working on your rig:

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KSPe/releases

Edited by Lisias

• 2 months later...

NOTAM

TweakScale (and some other mods) are borking due PDLauncher changing how things are started up on KSP.

On reddit, it was found the copying everything (but Squad and SquadExpansion) from <KSPROOT>/GameData to <KSPROOT>PDLauncher/GameData will "fix" the problem.

Problem: what happens with the settings.cfg? The savegames? KSP.log surelly is there now.

I will have an answer to it soon.

In a way or another, using PDLauncher is highly not advisable with or without Mods. 

NOTAM

Given that I finally got a Windows machine (blergh) to test things, I could check things myself and understood what happened about PD Launcher

The whole ordeal was a mess. PD Launcher is not a problem. POINT. TweakScale was the one reporting something wrong, not the victim nor the cause of the problem. POINT.

Some dude tried to accomplish something on Steam Launcher, made a mistake, and then a lot of people started to shoot the messenger (TweakScale) and I got involved on the shooting without a gun.

Yes, I'm eating my words on this one.

— — 

I just got notice of an even better solution!

Edited by Lisias
POST EDIT

• 4 weeks later...

ANNOUNCE

Release 0.6.0.1 is available for download.

KT/L finally goes gold, this release is meant for the general public.

• Replaces KSPe external dependency with embedded KSPe.Light
  • Kourageous Tourists /L goes gold!  #HURRAY!!

Some minor mistakes and annoyances from the 6.0.0 release were fixed, and the thing know has KSPe.Light embedded.

Support for the following 3rd parties are not implemented yet due unusual difficulties:

• EVA Fuel
  • EVA Enhancements

See OP for the links.

— — — — —

Edited by Lisias
All your Distribution Channels are belong to us!!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, StormxWolf said:

So I thought it was fixed. I had to consult with the table that says what levels allow what. Here is my setup:cKMMHnV.png

Using the lab I level them up to level 1. In this case I did that in kerbin orbit befor hyper-editing it to the surface of the mun to check if it was, in fact, fixed. As you can see, despite Gembas being a level 1 Tourist they still can not leave the seat.

What's the celestial body you are landed on?

Check the table for this fork:

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KourageousTourists

Edited by Lisias
link

19 hours ago, Lisias said:

What's the celestial body you are landed on?

Check the table for this fork:

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KourageousTourists

I was landed on the Mun. To be fully clear, I had the setting to enable level up of kerbals using a lab on. So what I did was launched the janky little test ship, hyper edit to orbit, level up using lab, hyper edit to the Mun's surface, level up again, then try to leave the seat. Worth mentioning these are 2 somewhat bugged kerbals in the sense that their contract expired and now they're just sort of..... with my space agency lol. Meaning they appear in the astronaut complex. I can even fire them.

I've also checked your github, according to the table they should be able to EVA from the seats.

Oh and from what I can tell, it's only the command seats. I can EVA from a hatch just fine.

Edited by StormxWolf

4 hours ago, Nazalassa said:

You should rename it "Vallhenge"

As a matter of fact, it's a nice idea!

However, the game itself calls it "Icehenge" so renaming it would cause confusion as the remaining of the game will not follow suit:

ANOMALY
	{
		name = Icehenge
		anomalyDescription = Icehenge at Vall
		body = Vall
		<cut>
		poi = POIVallIcehenge
	}

Note the "poi" attribute. It's the internal name of the Point of Interest (how the game calls the landmarks).

I wondering if I should use the Localization TAG instead of the hard coded name, however...

1 hour ago, StormxWolf said:

I was landed on the Mun. To be fully clear, I had the setting to enable level up of kerbals using a lab on. So what I did was launched the janky little test ship, hyper edit to orbit, level up using lab, hyper edit to the Mun's surface, level up again, then try to leave the seat.

I was going to suggest to make a backup of the savegame, and then cheat the Tourists into level 5 to do the test! :)

Worth mentioning these are 2 somewhat bugged kerbals in the sense that their contract expired and now they're just sort of..... with my space agency lol. Meaning they appear in the astronaut complex. I can even fire them.

As a matter of fact… This is a use case that I completely missed, the thing kinda worked by plain luck. I need to add code to remote the Tourists if the contract is expired as soon as the Kerbals is back on Kerbin. Would be interesting to tax the reputation for every year a disappointed Kerbal spend away from Kerbin once the contract fails!

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KourageousTourists/issues/15

I've also checked your github, according to the table they should be able to EVA from the seats.

Oh and from what I can tell, it's only the command seats. I can EVA from a hatch just fine.

Ouch! If you can EVA with the Kerbals, you should be able to leave the seats too! You found a bug!

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/KourageousTourists/issues/14

Edited by Lisias

NOTAM

(Good thing I don't rely on the USA's FAA for it, not? :sticktongue:)

KSP 1.12.5 is on the wild, and I will do my best to update KT to it without spoiling the thing. :)

A new KT release is scheduled for Soon™ with full support for it (and some bug hunting).

Cheers and happy hunting!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2022 at 12:07 AM, Lisias said:

ANNOUNCE

Release 0.6.0.1 is available for download.

KT/L finally goes gold, this release is meant for the general public.

• Replaces KSPe external dependency with embedded KSPe.Light
  • Kourageous Tourists /L goes gold!  #HURRAY!!

Some minor mistakes and annoyances from the 6.0.0 release were fixed, and the thing know have KSPe.Light embedded.

Support for the following 3rd parties are not implemented yet due unusual difficulties:

• EVA Fuel
  • EVA Enhancements

See OP for the links.

— — — — —

Congrats

Would this be a seamless upgrade from @whale_2's version (0.5.2) to this?

I don't see it on Spacedock, are you going to get it there?

And, are you going to ask to get it added to CKAN?  I believe that if @whale_2 gives you access to the Spacedock page for this, then CKAN will automatically see the new version

Thanks

30 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Congrats

Thanks!

Would this be a seamless upgrade from @whale_2's version (0.5.2) to this?

Other than some rebalancing on training Tourists because I created lots of new easier contracts, yes.

I don't see it on Spacedock, are you going to get it there?

And, are you going to ask to get it added to CKAN?  I believe that if @whale_2 gives you access to the Spacedock page for this, then CKAN will automatically see the new version

Geez!! I forgot about!

Working on it!!!

— — POST EDIT — — 

I reached whale_2 in a private message about the subject. As soon as it answer it, I will take action accordingly!

Edited by Lisias
post edit

11 minutes ago, Lisias said:

I reached whale_2 in a private message about the subject. As soon as it answer it, I will take action accordingly!

Kool.  I checked the netkan for the mod, it does pull from Spacedock.  As long as you haven't added any new dependencies, it will be perfect. 

Thanks

LGG

Some minor mistakes and annoyances from the 6.0.0 release were fixed, and the thing know have KSPe.Light embedded.

Small typo:   change "know have" to "now has

• EVA Fuel
  • EVA Enhancements

Let me know if I can help with these.

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Small typo:   change "know have" to "now has

I hate grammars. Thanks for the tip!

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Let me know if I can help with these.

Something is resetting their PAWs on every frame, so I can't replace some actions from the Tourist (they are Tourists, not regular Kerbonauts!).

I will reach my notes and open a github issue on KT/L with the details and I will mention you there.

Thanks!

• 9 months later...
7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What's the status of this mod?  The Spacedock link is broken

Working.

— POST EDIT --

Damn, I forgot to "publish" the thing. Fixed

Edited by Lisias
POST EDIT

On 1/27/2023 at 12:24 PM, Lisias said:

Not necessarily, they choose to keep their SpaceDock entry. I'm working with CKAN guys about it from now on!

Cheers!

(and thanks again, @whale_2!!)

Have you notified the CKAN people about this?  I know you don't support it directly, but earlier you did say you would contact them

3 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Have you notified the CKAN people about this?  I know you don't support it directly, but earlier you did say you would contact them

SpaceDock just applied a pull request into CKAN, I think they are aware at this time.

Frankly, I'm pretty embarrassed on this one. I virtually forgot to click on the "Publish" button all this time. :blush:

On 11/6/2023 at 10:54 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

The pull request made by SpaceDock was denied. I'm afraid Kourageous Tourists will not be available on CKAN.

The pull request is Work In Progress!!! #HURRAY!!

Edited by Lisias
#HURRAY!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.