What UI elements would you like to see changed or added from ksp 1?

I would like the orbit info from the maneuver mode moved so it is displayed separately. Another UI element I dislike about ksp 1 is the way the altimeter works. It shows height above sea level, which is completely useless. I would like an altimeter that shows height above the ground below you, not the height above sea level. They can keep the indicator for atmosphere density so you know when you leave it, but have the main altimeter show height above the ground.

Just an FYI, the altimeter has a toggle to display from sea level or ground level. My biggest UI thing that I would like changed is actually the precision maneuver editor. I would like to drag the precision editor in the same way as I do for normal maneuver nodes, because right now my only (stock) options are maneuvering the camera weirdly or clicking a lot of times to get increments of change. 

As I ranted about previously in a previous thread, KSP 1's UI has the altitude and velocity indicators on opposite sides of the screen, which is a very very bad idea because those are two important readouts to be checking during powered landings and the game makes your eyes pingpong back and forth to check both of them. That's just not how eyes work!

24 minutes ago, Catto said:

abort button?

As in you want one added? It is in KSP 1 but is folded behind the UI at the top, so you have to hover over it. I hope that the UI gets un-cluttered enough to have a permanent abort button. 

12 minutes ago, t_v said:

As in you want one added? It is in KSP 1 but is folded behind the UI at the top, so you have to hover over it. I hope that the UI gets un-cluttered enough to have a permanent abort button. 

yes, added from ksp1. i know it exists and it is helpful

A minor one is I would like a way to manipulate the navball to see other parts or at least have arrows. When you have a target the indicator isn't on the part of the navball you can see, it can be aggravating to find it again. I also use the docking indicator mod, which is great, but sometimes I back things into to dock, and for that it's useless (yes you can reverse the control direction, but that can be a pain to if you have to do it repeatedly. On that note, I'm honestly not sure the best way to do this would be, but it would be really nice to have some kind of better camera angle for docking. Constantly shifting the camera to check all the directions can be aggravating for tricky docking maneuvers. Maybe have a docking camera mode where it split screens into to multiple camera angles at once.

And on that note, I would like a better in flight camera (VAB too, but I have fewer issues with that one. Annoyingly, the hangar has a better camera, but that's not my preferred building. It's also just annoying that they have different cameras, as if we couldn't possibly need full camera movement on both), Being able to free translate and pan (at least in free camera mode) rather than having to keep re-aiming the camera would be much. Also, it would be really nice to be able to roll the camera a full 360. Having to for things upside down because my ship isn't oriented a certain direction can make finding what you need more difficult than it needs to be.

One other, fairly minor one: wheels. Just a nice simple interface/overlay to show you the direction the all of the wheels will turn (and I would like a button to reset them to all having the same direction as forward. It's not enjoyable having to sort through having some inverted and some not, because it was being finicky about attachment when you built it, or you added them at different parts of the design process and lost track, etc), as well how evenly/levelly they all will contact the ground.

the ui in the vab. its too slow to sort by parts so most people just look for the part in the standard sorting mode. and the thing that shows contracts doesnt show how much the contract is worth so you dont know what the max amount to spend on a contract is. 

i would also like some advanced camera controlls and that could be located where the top left things are. it could have reset camera, different camera modes.

i would also like to have an easier way to change between vessels. maybe away for it to exclude debris. so a list of nearby vessels.

30 minutes ago, jastrone said:

problem is that it is slower than  a buttonpress and when i switch vessels its usualy at close range and the map sucks for doing that

You can also use the “[“ and “]” keys to swap between vessels at close range. 

1 hour ago, jastrone said:

problem is that it is slower than  a buttonpress and when i switch vessels its usualy at close range and the map sucks for doing that

44 minutes ago, t_v said:

You can also use the “[“ and “]” keys to swap between vessels at close range. 

But note that you might want/need to setup a different set of keys if you're not using a UK/US keyboard.

You can also use the “[“ and “]” keys to swap between vessels at close range. the problem is that switches to everything. flags debris and other nearby craft

1 hour ago, Curveball Anders said:

But note that you might want/need to setup a different set of keys if you're not using a UK/US keyboard.

yhea it automatically was - or . or something for me

12 minutes ago, jastrone said:

You can also use the “[“ and “]” keys to swap between vessels at close range. the problem is that switches to everything. flags debris and other nearby craft

yhea it automatically was - or . or something for me

Use the Easy Vessel Switch mod, while in flight view hold Alt and click on the vessel you want to use and it'll switch vessels.

I want the stock maneuver ui to be 100% the same as Precise Maneuver. When they added the alarm clock and updated the maneuver ui, I gave them their shot and, while they weren't bad per se, I still immediately reinstalled Precise Maneuver and KAC. Also make the alarm clock just like KAC. Also give us a pork chop plotter identical to TWP. Not only are all three mods great individually, but the integration between Transfer Window Planner, Precise Maneuver, and KAC is simply superlative.

PreciseManeuver-TWP.png 

This. Give me exactly this

I mean, there are actually two mods in that picture. The one on the left is for planning interplanetary transfers, so it wouldn't even be introduced until players reach that level, and even then probably not until after they have done a couple. The one on the right is literally just like the stock maneuver, just with numbers instead of handles, and some additional info (and can leave out the bottom half at the start. If that's really too complicated to you...idk. That said, I do actually agree that it shouldn't be all dropped on new players at once. Unless you specifically go and change to it manually, it should start with a simplified version of the maneuver one, then the more robust one, then a simple version of the transfer planner, then the full version. And yes, I would like the option for it to be like that in stock, but if  it's not, then of course I will find a mod (these exact ones, if he remakes them for 2), just like I did before.

• 2 weeks later...