Explain your profile picture!

Aerodynamic Kerbal

Its... Just what the title says...

I'll start first: It's Jebediah in the early Eye To The Sky 2 space station (just 2 modules) I just thought that this is my best screenshot, other than the Duna 1 mission landed. So I cropped. Now, yes, I have went through some changes. My last one was Jebediah in the BG suit, Orange light. It was from a Soyuz test mission.

Edited by Aerodynamic Kerbal

It's a noname Kerbal, representing any Kerbal in the world.

It's actually green, standing against the white wall, but it's situated so close to the Sun (or to the Orion engine), that green Kerbal seems white to you, while the white wall seems black compared to him.

An cat like alien trying to eat an small rover. 
Part of an image series I rendered many years ago called first contact. 

QNnA8iM.png

Cropped and resized this to get the essence for a profile picture. 
Here is another in the series
Mo00fXbh.png
Rover start following her. 

Edited by magnemoe

Mine is a basically a word puzzle based on my username, although I didn’t leave it as an unsolved puzzle 

My last profile pic was even more appropriate, a portrait of Kzanol (a thrint) from the original edition of “World of Ptaavs” by Larry Niven. In the story, he’s been stranded on Earth for about 2 billion years. Those who recognized the pic got a good kick out of it when they noticed the username beside it…

I would explain my pfp but the problem is, the explanation is within the perimeter of wisdom, but the perimeter of wisdom is located in the invisible sector. Add to that, the fact I tripped over a time fracture wicket and am stuck at 1/100th normal speed.

if you get the above explanation then you know the why of my pfp :sticktongue::joy:

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

I might replace it later if I can make a better design, but basically my profile picture is a combination of the US and Taiwanese flags. I was born in Florida to Taiwanese parents (who I am in the car with right know on a road trip). Hence Taiwanese Florida Man. I also have the Florida state flag as my profile banner because of state pride and it’s historical significance to American spaceflight programs.

TLDR: Taiwan, ‘Murica, and Florida man proud here! 

12 hours ago, awsumguy76801 said:

jesse gus is starting a space program as a front for his meth empire jesse

Take two won't tell you this but kerbals began as a disaster in a meth lab. Some guy mixed the ingredients with Felipe's clay figures and imported the result into Unity

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Is that some sort of light bulb in your profile pic?

Close.  It's the symbol for a pentode, or type of vacuum tube.  They do emit some light while they're operating.

Jeb made a terrible mistake: bail out a flying rocket with nothing with him.

Thats why he became a furry living spacecraft named mechjeb. Most of his tissue were torn off from his shattered body while he splashed down into Kerbin's ocean.

His remained body parts soon moved into a new body,  a taller, fluffier and stronger body,

As a furry creature he can finally scratch his forehead instead of bumping it into a rock.

On 10/4/2022 at 10:15 AM, 18Watt said:

Close.  It's the symbol for a pentode, or type of vacuum tube.  They do emit some light while they're operating.

Let me guess...

Is it a 6j1 tube? 3 grids and separate cathode and heating wire.

I succeed making a radio with 2 6j1 tubes! :lol:They do emit dim red light, like a small lightbulb.

I'm considering returning to knight guy and that has a fun story behind it.
I wanted to draw astronaut for a profile pic, but ended up having trouble on the visor and for one of them, it looked like a knight's visor. I then drew a little scene around him. You may have seen the original. Which is this:
PFP.png.png

I used this for a while. A few variants with the LGBTQ+ rainbow for pride month and an inverted one. A while later I decided to trace a redraw it and ended up with what I have today! I added a plume, cleaned up some lines, fixed the clouds, and darkened the colors.
NEWPFP.png.png
I might work on a Halloween one too!

2 hours ago, Aerodynamic Kerbal said:

It would be interesting if you make a Christmas one too!

Already planning. Knight wrapped in christmas lights with a christmas tree needle plume?
Oh and I have the halloween one now,
2022_10_12_0sm_Kleki_1.png

Edited by Rutabaga22