[1.12.5] Sea Dragon (SEA) v0.3.99.0-adoption`<Thank you NecroBones>` edition [21 Jan 2023]

zer0Kerbal

Sea Dragon (SEA) KSP version License
Curseforge GitHub SpaceDock CKAN
Pages

Sea Dragon (SEA)

The infamous, never-built Sea Dragon rocket, in its full scale glory!

By zer0Kerbal, originally by @NecroBonesaka Orvidius

adopted with express permission and brought to you by KerbSimpleCo

SeaDragon Hero

imgur

Note

These rocket parts ARE NOT stock balanced! They're using the real world mass ratios, thrusts, ISPs, dry weights, and so on.

Preamble by NecroBones

The "Sea Dragon" was a proposed rocket design, that was intended to be built using shipyards, and launched from the ocean. Designed with inexpensive operatings costs in mind, it would have used simple construction, but on a large scale. It was inteneded to be fueled at sea, and use a nuclear aircraft carrier as the power source to generate the hydrogen and oxygen needed. While the design was solid in many ways, it was also unusually ambitious, and perhaps required a bit of insanity to truly appreciate. :)

See More

Spoiler

YouTube review by Connor Hetner

KSP: Sea Dragon

Help Wanted

Spoiler
  • Updated to be both Stock and RO/RSS/RP compatible
  • Compatibility patches
  • Contracts for these glorious parts
  • Variant Textures
  • Model updates (add/improve lights, iva, hatches and so forth)
  • Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlights
  • Translations: See the README in the Localization folder for instructions for adding or improving translations. There is also the quickstart guideGitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!
  • Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

Installation Directions 1

Spoiler

Use CurseForge/OverWolf Website/App

CurseForge/OverWolf App

orCKAN App

I take no part, nor am I interested in maintaining the CKAN metadata for my mods. CKAN is a great mod for those that can't use zip tools. If you are having issues please let the CKAN people know and refer to the CKAN thread. My support of CKAN extends with checking the checkbox in SpaceDock. Beware, CKAN can really mess up; though it tries very, very, very hard not to.

Dependencies

Recommends

Suggests

Supports

Tags

parts, config

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

Credits and Special Thanks

Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)

Spoiler

Current (1) - zer0Kerbal

Forum: Thread - Source: GitHub
License: License License

Disclaimer(s)

All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
All assets, including but not limited to: animations, models, sounds and textures are distributed under their own licenses

see Notices for more legal mumbo jumbo

Original (0) - Author: @NecroBones

Forum: Thread - Download: SpaceDock - Source: CurseForge

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Spoiler

Completely voluntary, absolutely amazing, and really does help me out a lot!
quote from cybutek @cybutekcreator of Kerbal Engineer

Support Github Sponsor Patreon Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

and it is true.

Connect with me

Track progress: issues here and projects here along with The Short List

zer0Kerbal | kerbalspaceprogram.comzer0Kerbal | CurseForgezer0Kerbal | redditzer0Kerbal | Patreonzer0Kerbal | YouTubezer0Kerbal | Twitchzer0Kerbal | PayPalzer0Kerbal | Buy Me a Coffeezer0Kerbal | Twitter

Release Schedule
Spoiler
  1. GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  2. CurseForge. Right now.
  3. SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Soon™ (the button was pressed)
  1. this isn't a mod. ;P↩︎

2. may work on other versions (YMMV)↩︎

3. Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date!

Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

20 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Just found this mod, so hyped.

Also adopted by one of my favorite modders:D

It is really cool. 

Thank you @Rutabaga22

Plan is to make it compatible with stock and RO/RSS/et al.

Hard part is I have zer0 experience / knowledge in converting stock <--> RO/RSS/et al.

Just waiting for CF to approve it, which is my error - a wayward link was hiding in the readme.

3 hours ago, EndAllFilms said:

Will there be Sea dragon crewed version? including the lander itself. If so then will it include the craft file as well?

@EndAllFilms I would love to include one, just am not a modeler, at least a good one. GitHub submissions are always welcomed, hopefully with matching textures (or matching textures and variants)

2 hours ago, EndAllFilms said:

And I also encountered a tweakscale sea dragon fairing bug

Which version? and kindly submit a bug report here.

In my testing - I didn't experience anything like that; albeit my testing was very limited due to time constraints and hundreds of little mod voices screaming at me for attention. :D

The updated version is almost ready - just polishing the release notes/changelog and waiting for CF to publish.

On 9/2/2022 at 2:09 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

It is really cool. 

Thank you @Rutabaga22

Hard part is I have zer0 experience / knowledge in converting stock <--> RO/RSS/et al.

Just waiting for CF to approve it, which is my error - a wayward link was hiding in the readme.

@EndAllFilms I would love to include one, just am not a modeler, at least a good one. GitHub submissions are always welcomed, hopefully with matching textures (or matching textures and variants)

In my testing - I didn't experience anything like that; albeit my testing was very limited due to time constraints and hundreds of little mod voices screaming at me for attention. :D

The updated version is almost ready - just polishing the release notes/changelog and waiting for CF to publish.

Oh my bad I didn’t know that you could submit bugs in GitHub but The version of KSP is just the latest version

On 9/2/2022 at 2:09 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

It is really cool. 

Thank you @Rutabaga22

I forgot to suggest that I highly recommend adding a better reaction wheel because sometimes it’s hard to use the thrust to turn

• 2 weeks later...

hello, could anyone update textures and make this for stock so there is a good sea dragon mod out there, it's not I don't like this mod, it is just i want a update or something to catch this up to this age of ksp modding. to wreck rockets with better texturing and balance with kerbals on them.

2 hours ago, Seadragon420 said:

hello, could anyone update textures and make this for stock so there is a good sea dragon mod out there, it's not I don't like this mod, it is just i want a update or something to catch this up to this age of ksp modding. to wreck rockets with better texturing and balance with kerbals on them.

Hello @Seadragon420- welcome to the KSP forums! Have +1 :rep:!

This parts addon is being actively being updated. Intention is to make it stock and RO/RSS compatible (normally stock, but includes patches to make it Ro/RSS compatible if RO/RSS is installed)

However it was originally meant for RSS/RO (Real Solar System / Realism Overhaul) so all previous versions will be just that; if and when I can figure how not what to change, but by how much I will do so; unless some great player supplies that information or better yet, the patches, first.

14 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

This parts addon is being actively being updated. Intention is to make it stock and RO/RSS compatible (normally stock, but includes patches to make it Ro/RSS compatible if RO/RSS is installed)

nice FINALLY a update to the ONE sea dragon mod

3 hours ago, Seadragon420 said:

nice FINALLY a update to the ONE sea dragon mod

@Seadragon420agree.

2 hours ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Might be a good Idea to have hangar extender included in the download...

@Rutabaga22 - thank you for the suggestion. +1 :rep:

won't include but will have it listed as a 'Recommended' addon in the readme et al.

On 8/31/2022 at 7:59 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

Recommends

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/31/2022 at 7:59 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

WIP - needed link

update soon.

Coming Soon

a 'real blast from the past'

Sea Dragon KSP version License
Curseforge GitHub SpaceDock CKAN
Pages

Sea Dragon (SEA)

The infamous, never-built Sea Dragon rocket, in its full scale glory!

By zer0Kerbal, originally by NecroBones aka Orvidius

adopted with express permission and brought to you by KerbSimpleCo

SeaDragon Hero

http://imgur.com/a/Q9kw1

Note

These rocket parts ARE NOT stock balanced! They're using the real world mass ratios, thrusts, ISPs, dry weights, and so on.

Preamble by NecroBones

The "Sea Dragon" was a proposed rocket design, that was intended to be built using shipyards, and launched from the ocean. Designed with inexpensive operatings costs in mind, it would have used simple construction, but on a large scale. It was inteneded to be fueled at sea, and use a nuclear aircraft carrier as the power source to generate the hydrogen and oxygen needed. While the design was solid in many ways, it was also unusually ambitious, and perhaps required a bit of insanity to truly appreciate. :)

See More

YouTube review by Connor Hetner

KSP: Sea Dragon

Help Wanted

• Updated to be both Stock and RO/RSS/RP compatible
  • Compatibility patches
  • Contracts for these glorious parts
  • Variant Textures
  • Model updates to Unity 2019
  • Marketing Images and Videos such as hero shots, animated gifs, short highlight
  • Have a request? Glad to have them, kindly submit through GitHub.

Localization

• English English
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

Installation Directions 1

Reveal hidden contents

Use CurseForge/OverWolf App (currently does not install dependencies)

CurseForge/OverWolf App

I take no part, nor am I interested in maintaining the CKAN mod metadata for my mods.

CKAN is a great mod for those that can't use zip tools.

If you are having issues please let the CKAN people know and refer to the CKAN thread.

My support of CKAN extends as far as me checking the checkbox in Spacedock when I upload.

Beware, CKAN can really mess up though it tries very, very, very hard not to.

or CKAN

Dependencies

Recommends

Suggests

Supports

Tags

parts, config

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

Credits and Special Thanks

Legal Mumbo Jumbo (License provenance)

Reveal hidden contents

Current (2) - zer0Kerbal

Forum: Thread - Source: GitHub

Disclaimer(s)

All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
All assets, including but not limited to: animations, models, sounds and textures are distributed under their own licenses

see Notices.md for more legal mumbo jumbo

Original (0) - Author: NecroBones

Forum: Thread - Download: SpaceDock - Source: Private Server

DONATIONS: How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Completely voluntary, absolutely amazing, and really does help me out a lot! quote from cybutek cybutek creator of Kerbal Engineer

Support Github Sponsor Patreon Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

and it is true.

Connect with me

Track progress: issues here and projects here along with The Short List

zer0Kerbal | kerbalspaceprogram.comzer0Kerbal | CurseForgezer0Kerbal | redditzer0Kerbal | Patreonzer0Kerbal | YouTubezer0Kerbal | Twitchzer0Kerbal | PayPalzer0Kerbal | Buy Me a Coffeezer0Kerbal | Twitter

1. this isn't a mod. ;P↩︎

2. may work on other versions (YMMV)↩︎

3. Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date!↩︎

I could give you some Waterfall patches, if you like :)

You'd just go have to tweak them in flight but it's a painless process!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.