KSP2 Artemis Recreation

Ghostii_Space

23 hours ago, DrCHIVES said:

One thing I am genuinely curious about though is that frame rate.  It's mentioned in the comments pretty much every in game footage sneek peak we get.  

Don’t forget about the show and tell of the tutorial shaders. You get an explosion right at launch and it’s sooo smooth. 

10 hours ago, The Aziz said:

You expect feature complete software 4+ months from release window?

For software as complex as KSP-2 I expect feature complete a year from release window. If they still adding something now or changing plans for the game, they doing it wrong.

24 minutes ago, pss88 said:

For software as complex as KSP-2 I expect feature complete a year from release window.

Can I put here a reminder that we're talking about the sequel of a game that, 10 years after first release still wasn't feature complete?

25 minutes ago, pss88 said:

If they still adding something now or changing plans for the game, they doing it wrong.

Then the whole software industry is doing it wrong, without exception.

You don't sit on a finished product for a year for no good reason, there aren't even many good reason to wait until you have a fully working project before making it public.

2 hours ago, Master39 said:

Can I put here a reminder that we're talking about the sequel of a game that, 10 years after first release still wasn't feature complete?

Then the whole software industry is doing it wrong, without exception.

You don't sit on a finished product for a year for no good reason, there aren't even many good reason to wait until you have a fully working project before making it public.

they are pretty much remastering ksp 1 completely from the ground up, doubling its size in parts (or more), remastering graphics, game engine model, and everything in between with new solar systems, new mechanics, new gameplay while keeping faithful of the original ksp, in HALF the time it took them to "make" ksp 1 if that...

we knew its production since 2019..... 

and it could four years? in total since knowing ksp 2, in that time frame from the start of  v0.7.3 Released June 24th, 2011 and four years later would be ironically closest thing is Released 27th April, 2015 1.0 demo... that is insane to say the least.

even if they need take another year it would only still be 1.1.

1 hour ago, Stephensan said:

I remember some video where one of the employees mentioned having to keep it secret from others until its announcement in 2019, so it might have been in development for a year at least before hand.

5 minutes ago, Anth12 said:

I remember some video where one of the employees mentioned having to keep it secret from others until its announcement in 2019, so it might have been in development for a year at least before hand.

still pretty good with knowing that its entirely new game from the ground up with way more stuff in general.

1 hour ago, Stephensan said:

they are pretty much remastering ksp 1 completely from the ground up, doubling its size in parts (or more), remastering graphics, game engine model, and everything in between with new solar systems, new mechanics, new gameplay while keeping faithful of the original ksp, in HALF the time it took them to "make" ksp 1 if that...

and it could four years? in total since knowing ksp 2, in that time frame from the start of  v0.7.3 Released June 24th, 2011 and four years later would be ironically closest thing is Released 27th April, 2015 1.0 demo... that is insane to say the least.

even if they need take another year it would only still be 1.1.

I'm not saying anything about how long is taking or if it's to much or too little time, I already know all of that.

I was just pointing out that "the game has to be feature complete a year before release or they're doing something wrong" is a completely ridiculous claim in today's software market.

Nothing less and nothing more.

1 minute ago, Master39 said:

I'm not saying anything about how long is taking or if it's to much or too little time, I already know all of that.

I was just pointing out that "the game has to be feature complete a year before release or they're doing something wrong" is a completely ridiculous claim in today's software market.

Nothing less and nothing more.

oh i was supporting your statement

8 hours ago, Ahres said:

Don’t forget about the show and tell of the tutorial shaders. You get an explosion right at launch and it’s sooo smooth. 

That's a great point!  While small in part count it was super smooth.  Its also the only piece of gameplay footage we've seen without the "pre-alpha" stamp on it.

Oh and another little detail it looks as if the fairing has been 'drawn' in a similar way to KSP1 and 'closed' at the base of the LES. Im guessing maybe they didn't show some of the staging because it doesn't work the same way? (LES pulling the top of the fairing away) Although they didn’t show any other staging events so hmmm

Edited by Pthigrivi

9 hours ago, Master39 said:

KSP 1's development has nothing to do with that of KSP 2. I'm not saying your point is invalid but the comparison makes no sense. KSP 2 is not being developed under the same roof.

On 9/3/2022 at 6:38 PM, ShadowZone said:

Could we extend the runway with those base building road parts? :grin:

Questionable, in KSP 1 the runway and launch pad had an zone you had to recover previous craft before you could reuse. For the runway this was very close however, I tended to put an probe core just in front of the runway to have an distance to start of runway indicator, not sure how overhang over to the runway would work out :) 
Liked the landing pads, yes they are obvious landing pads not helipads, an helipad tend to be close to an hangar these are separated out with huge crawlways to them.

15 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Oh and another little detail it looks as if the fairing has been 'drawn' in a similar way to KSP1 and 'closed' at the base of the LES. Im guessing maybe they didn't show some of the staging because it doesn't work the same way? (LES pulling the top of the fairing away) Although they didn’t show any other staging events so hmmm

Agree, now I have no issues with KSP 1 clamshell fairings. 
Two more things to note, one is the upper stage / service module of Orion is 1.5 meter not 1.85 meter who would look more realistic, second is a decopler between the 2.5 meter tank and the structure pretending to be the LOX tank on SLS second stage, this might be prevent that part to clip into the 2.5 meter tank, it might just be an truss with two RCS tanks and some other stuff.

21 hours ago, Anth12 said:

I believe prototyping and pre-production started in late 2017 based on the context of when Take Two acquired the rights, and discussions and/or videos with Nate about when he was told about it at Uber Entertainment/StarTheory (which would also seem to coincide with his promotion to Creative Director at Uber Entertainment).

Also, @OP nice video :) Looking forward to reverting to the VAB in early 2023

15 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

KSP 1's development has nothing to do with that of KSP 2. I'm not saying your point is invalid but the comparison makes no sense. KSP 2 is not being developed under the same roof.

Agree, KSP 1 had an very long long development since it was an indi game. 
KSP 2 is an standard game, granted with an a bit turbulent development history who took some time. 

Now pre alpha sounds a bit weird to me, as I se it if you can do the core gameplay in the game world its alpha like I see it, however formally I think alpha is the version testers start to test on. 

21 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

All this - and still no one addresses the 'Moat' around KSC?  It's all "Runways" and "Landing Pads"... what about the Moat!?!

It’s to keep out the birds (:

I think we also saw docks in another shot, so there’s options for water vehicles

1 hour ago, Turtlegirl1209 said:

Could you put up a screenshot of the docks? Unfortunatly I just cant spot 'em...

Iirc, the "docks" people are referring to is just a ramp into the water, shown at the right-hand side of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoiFZGwy1fU

ZBWpEnQ.png

Edited by Ashandalar
adding link to Nate's post

You can see that the boosters exhaust have an extra effect for smoke - does this mean that we will be seeing persistent smoke and condensation trails in the atmosphere? If so, will they be affected by wind (same for clouds)?

Edited by Vl3d