Rutabaga's project of the day.

Rutabaga22

5 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

I'm using the first one and have trouble after matching target orbit.

Your wording is a bit unclear to me but I assume it's Step 7 that's giving you trouble. Here's what I do when I get to this step:

Set navball to Target mode, set SAS to retrograde, and then burn to kill all velocity relative to target. After that, point towards the target and burn until your velocity gets to about 20-30 m/s. The spacecraft should now be headed directly for the target. If the prograde and target markers on the navball drift apart, conduct more burns to "pull" them back together. When the spacecraft is within about 50m from the target, kill the relative velocity again and use RCS and/or the "Lowne Lazy Method" to dock. I prefer to dock at 0.2 m/s relative velocity or lower.

Here is my first attempt, it has a vector because the engine has a range of BIG and canards because every ksp plane needs canards to fly.

unknown.png

Well! It sure does go up and down! and fast, did I mention that it goes fast?unknown.png

Well that's no fun! It goes left and right TOO easily, that makes me mad. Jeb has to bail tho.
unknown.png

Oh well. That's the project of the day, feel free to give ideas and/or feedback.
unknown.png

Jeb says hi.
unknown.png

THose margins are too tight, I legit can't make it home. I will be crashing the kerbals into duna and then waiting for them to be recycled.

He's so excited to crah into duna at high speeds!
unknown.png

Well, that was the project of the day! I had fun. Feel free to give feedback/suggestions!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.