I first saw meme rockets from this game on YouTube!

Reccer

32 minutes ago, Reccer said:

I first saw meme rockets from this game on YouTube!
I plan to start playing, can you recommend a newbie version of the game or mods that make it easier to play?

Personally I'd say don't use any mods until you know enough about the stock game to know what you want to change.

One exception to that would be Tutorial Fixes because doing the tutorials in their current state could drive you from the game before you even knew they were the problem, not you.

Also, I'd recommend trying all 3 modes to see which mode you prefer. None are "easier" or "harder" than the other but some have more restrictions - which can be good as an early player because you can easily get overwhelmed by all the options if you're not careful.

And as always, ask any and all questions here, in the forum, and we'll fall over ourselves to help you :)

Edited by Superfluous J

Welcome to the forum, @Reccer!  I've split your post off into its own thread in our Welcome Aboard section, where it will likely get more (and more appropriate to your question) attention.

Also, on a side note, you can change the title of the thread by editing your original post. (I had to name it something in the split)

New players are often confused by issues which arise not from the game but from modding changes to the game. I would also recommend spending a while with the stock version before adding to the complexities of learning and troubleshooting. 

And welcome to the community. :D