ksc in the newest gameplay video

image.png

so here is an image from the latest ksp gameplay video and here we can see the ksc from above and i think its the first time we see that.  the thing is that we see two runways and 4 rocket launch or landing pad circles.  and they are all the same size so  they are either  for multiplayer or automated "trade routes" since they are all the same size which indicates that you would use them att the same time and not one for different occations. 

we can also see a building to the right but i think thats a research building or something.  there also doesnt seem to be as much flat ground around the ksc so it looks like you cant expand it like in ksp 1 or this could be a pretty maxed out ksc

we also see that the runway is a lot longer so lets hope the wheel physics are better or else i think we are gonna grash there a lot.

Here's a full size screenshot with that bar out of the way :)

g73Kzg1.png

One thing I notice is that the runway appears to go over some slightly bumpy terrain. The VAB also seems to connect to the runway, further indicating that both planes and rockets can be launched from one VAB (unless they simply gave the SPH a more angular appearance), and the ATC tower is its own structure.

2 minutes ago, Ember12 said:

Are we sure that's the KSC?  The terrain looks pretty non-Kerbin-like.  It could be a colony.

Considering there's trees, the rocket visits the mun, the style of the center doesnt match anything we have seen from colonies etc, yes. 

4 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Considering there's trees, the rocket visits the mun, the style of the center doesnt match anything we have seen from colonies etc, yes.

Ah, I hadn't noticed the trees.  Also I stupidly posted before I knew where that image came from.

35 minutes ago, Ember12 said:

Are we sure that's the KSC

yhea like99%.  it looks atleast earth like and thats kerbin. you can also see the mountains behind the ksc in ksp 1 and the coast so i think its the exact same location

and it doesnt really look like the colonies we have seen already. and the building with wather defently doesnt fit a colony

1 hour ago, jastrone said:

the thing is that we see two runways and 4 rocket launch or landing pad circles.  and they are all the same size so  they are either  for multiplayer or automated "trade routes" since they are all the same size which indicates that you would use them att the same time and not one for different occations. 

Most folks seem to think those circular pads are for falcon-like booster recovery like LZ-1 + 2 at cape canaveral. How this will work, by flight automation or by manually proving boosters, or if they’re just there for hardcore players to mess around with we don’t yet know. 

To me, the structure in the bottom right of the image looks like the really big launchpad that's been shown in earlier videos/images- see 1:21 in the original KSP2 trailer, for example, or this image from the KSP2 page linked in the banner at the top of the forum home page:

ss_894a9bf290b43b61c52c509e74850b3675b1b

I'm sure I've seen shots of the same pad with a circular moat around it before too.

11 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

'm sure I've seen shots of the same pad with a circular moat around it before too.

yhea in the same video you can actually see the launch pad in the beggining but they dont exactly look the same as the building to the right especially whith what looks like water around it

18 hours ago, jastrone said:

yhea like99%.  it looks atleast earth like and thats kerbin. you can also see the mountains behind the ksc in ksp 1 and the coast so i think its the exact same location

and it doesnt really look like the colonies we have seen already. and the building with wather defently doesnt fit a colony

However KSC is at the coast and previous shots of KSC  with plenty of water around as in swamp close to the ocean here its mountains. 
I think this is another launch site who is kind of weird for an SLS launch? 

On 9/5/2022 at 7:35 AM, jastrone said:

image.png

so here is an image from the latest ksp gameplay video and here we can see the ksc from above and i think its the first time we see that.  the thing is that we see two runways and 4 rocket launch or landing pad circles.  and they are all the same size so  they are either  for multiplayer or automated "trade routes" since they are all the same size which indicates that you would use them att the same time and not one for different occations. 

we can also see a building to the right but i think thats a research building or something.  there also doesnt seem to be as much flat ground around the ksc so it looks like you cant expand it like in ksp 1 or this could be a pretty maxed out ksc

we also see that the runway is a lot longer so lets hope the wheel physics are better or else i think we are gonna grash there a lot.

looks like those big runways could indicate importance for large SSTO's. maybe we will have some planets with very thick atmospheres where SSTOs could be more useful for re-supplying than traditional rockets, overall it also looks like a pretty, if not fully maxxed out KSC if that IS  feature in ksp2

5 minutes ago, RandomWatermelon1 said:

maybe we will have some planets with very thick atmospheres where SSTOs could be more useful for re-supplying than traditional rockets

I think maybe you're getting SSTOs mixed up with spaceplanes?  They are different things.  Spaceplanes would indeed be useful on worlds like those, but SSTO rockets wouldn't be particularly effective.

38 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

I think all the moats and non consistent land is meant to convey that the ksc has undergone expansion and land reclaimation and has grown from ksp1

This brings up a good point; I wonder if KSP 2 will have some kind of acknowledgment of KSP 1 in game. In other words, did the "events" of KSP 1 happen in KSP 2? Have Kerbals already been experimenting with rocketry prior to the start of KSP 2? Or does KSP 2 start where KSP 1 started: not even knowing what the barometric pressure at the KSC is

9 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

This brings up a good point; I wonder if KSP 2 will have some kind of acknowledgment of KSP 1 in game. In other words, did the "events" of KSP 1 happen in KSP 2? Have Kerbals already been experimenting with rocketry prior to the start of KSP 2? Or does KSP 2 start where KSP 1 started: not even knowing what the barometric pressure at the KSC is

Im guessing that there will be an option to start with all the ksp1 parts already unlocked turned off by default and that from the details they put in is for ksp2 being a sequel in timeline, however for gameplay purposes for the non sandbox mode youll start off the same way you did in ksp1 by default. The ksc we have seen is definitely not a space center in its infancy, and there's nothing to suggest that the ksc will be upgradable (afterall theres several things that points to there not even being money in the game and more of a resource economy, least of which being the fact that we collect the resources and build the rockets ourselves). Slightly unrelated but I do wish that kerbol system isnt completely forgotten once you move past it and theres some good system exclusive resources that youll want to do interstellar trade for. 

Edited by Strawberry

22 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

there's nothing to suggest that the ksc will be upgradable (afterall theres several things that points to there not even being money in the game and more of a resource economy

My personal hope is that the KSC will be expandable, with choices about where to position stuff and new stuff costing resources, to act as a sort of colony practice.

1 hour ago, Ember12 said:

My personal hope is that the KSC will be expandable, with choices about where to position stuff and new stuff costing resources, to act as a sort of colony practice.

I doubt that youll be able to change the layout but Ill be shocked if there isnt some form of upgradability and some resource management for your materials you unlock from space and not infinite quantities of space mats. 

5 hours ago, Ember12 said:

I think maybe you're getting SSTOs mixed up with spaceplanes?  They are different things.  Spaceplanes would indeed be useful on worlds like those, but SSTO rockets wouldn't be particularly effective.

yea sorry i'm not really a rocket scientist here, just a guy that enjoys the game very much so

15 hours ago, Ember12 said:

Or you could build a colony right next to KSC for practice, and to effectively get extra launchpads.

16 hours ago, Ember12 said:

If not, I am sure there will be a resourceful modder who will make a mod that will allow this very thing to become a reality. We do have some resourceful modders in our community. :)

Looks like we are get crawlers and launch towers with mass limits instead of odd ground breaks from to much mass of KSP1.

Hopefully maybe some Construction time mechanic as well. No more starting a game at sunrise and heading for the Mun at sunset. 

On 9/13/2022 at 6:53 PM, mattinoz said:

Looks like we are get crawlers and launch towers with mass limits instead of odd ground breaks from to much mass of KSP1.

My understanding is its not really a crawler, but a crawling tower. The idea is that elevated launchpad can grow to launch larger and larger rockets, and the launch tower is just aesthetic and adjusts its position relative to the pad's outer extents. At least thats what they said a couple years ago, and it doesn’t seem to have substantially changed. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

12 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

My understanding is its not really a crawler, but a crawling tower. The idea is that elevated launchpad can grow to launch larger and larger rockets, and the launch tower is just aesthetic and adjusts its position relative to the pads  outer extents. At least thats what they said a couple years ago, and it doesn’t seem to have substantially changed. 

Wait what?  Source?  I haven't heard/read this before.  Love the idea.

1 hour ago, Defenestrator47 said:

Wait what?  Source?  I haven't heard/read this before.  Love the idea.

I just (re?)discovered it: an old gameplay footage recap by DasVadlez shortly after the announcement, (launch tower starting at about 22:00m:) I'll note that we also aren't seeing red launch clamps in the most recent vid... are these still a thing? some other solution?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/476783314?filter=all&sort=time