ksc in the newest gameplay video

2 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

My understanding is its not really a crawler, but a crawling tower. The idea is that elevated launchpad can grow to launch larger and larger rockets, and the launch tower is just aesthetic and adjusts its position relative to the pads  outer extents. At least thats what they said a couple years ago, and it doesn’t seem to have substantially changed. 

I agree that it's easy to read too much into multiple launch pad locations and such. Aesthetics are a big part of KSP2, and it allows for interesting gameplay if you do wan to build your own crawlers, showcase static models, create diarama's, etc. What I'm hoping for is that they somehow offer some interactivity, like the ability to refuel craft or spawn crew, and that it's not just "dead" scenery.

20 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

I agree that it's easy to read too much into multiple launch pad locations and such. Aesthetics are a big part of KSP2, and it allows for interesting gameplay if you do wan to build your own crawlers, showcase static models, create diarama's, etc. What I'm hoping for is that they somehow offer some interactivity, like the ability to refuel craft or spawn crew, and that it's not just "dead" scenery.

Yeah we'll see! Das also says in that video it be great if the runway taxi-ways lead up to refueling locations, which would be really clever but there's no word on. He also says the multiple launchpads have something to do with multiplayer? but Im not sure how clear that was then or if things have changed since. 

14 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

I just (re?)discovered it: an old gameplay footage recap by DasVadlez shortly after the announcement, (launch tower starting at about 22:00m:) I'll note that we also aren't seeing red launch clamps in the most recent vid... are these still a thing? some other solution?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/476783314?filter=all&sort=time

Thank you.  I don't follow...external sources mostly.  I do watch Shadowzone.  Scott Manley.  I wish there were some sort of resource collating interviews and info from outside sources.   I am info hungry.  My install of KSP with 100 mods running mostly just inspires me to watch for info on KSP2 and wait for the launch.  I won't pre-order (Total War: Empire burned me forever.  Always wait for review.  I can wait).