ColdJ

License: CC-BY-SA-4.0

Link:https://spacedock.info/mod/3110/S.A.C.D

Updated to 1.0.1 on 9/9/22 to add a symmetrical deck with nose ramp for use with Heisenberg Airships.

Hi and welcome to S.A.C.D, Stockalike Aircraft Carrier Decks.

A simple mod that contains 6 carrier decks and one generic hull.

I have noticed that many people still like to build their own sea craft from stock components but that the part count can get quite high. This is a small mod to try to help them reduce their part count.

They are purely structural, they can float on their own if you like but are designed to be built off.

The generic hull is for those who don't have the patience to carefully put together 50 plus cargo bays to create their own.

I have tested landing and taking off using the stock Aeris plane with no dramas and I have landed 96 tonnes with no problems.

When using the Generic Hull please remember to Autostrut to heaviest part and set to rigid, otherwise it tends to dance around a bit.

Each deck has 5 nodes along the bottom and 15 nodes along the top as well as the ability to be attached to fuselage.

If you have the "Community Category Kit" installed you will have a new category in the parts list, otherwise they are in structural.

Hope you find these useful.

S.A.C.D-1662396168.jpg

Edited by ColdJ

14 hours ago, Fletch4 said:

could there be a possibility of a symmetrical one in the future?

They are based on real carrier shapes. But let me know what shape you want and I will knock one up for you.

Now we need a mod SACDD: Stockalike Aircraft Carrier Deck Decals to eliminate the need of covering the whole deck with stock decals to make runway markings. :)

P.S. I should combine this with Heisenberg airships to make a huge sky pirates base.

Edited by Manul

12 hours ago, ColdJ said:

They are based on real carrier shapes. But let me know what shape you want and I will knock one up for you.

hmm. maybe one with rectangular edges, but with a HMS Elizabeth style ski-jump on the end? 

i mainly want this to slap on top of a heisenberg airship to lower part counts(it also helps out my crappy little macbook a ton)

8 hours ago, Manul said:

P.S. I should combine this with Heisenberg airships to make a huge sky pirates base.

i didnt even read this before i posted. maybe kerbal players really do think alike...

6 minutes ago, Fletch4 said:

hmm. maybe one with rectangular edges, but with a HMS Elizabeth style ski-jump on the end? 

So something like my thinnest width variant, just a a rectangle, with a ramp at the end do you?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.