New KSP 2 Image Posted to Instagram?

Deadmeat24

So the official KSP Instagram posted an meme which has lava in it, and the little bit of the skybox looks like some of what we have seen from KSP 2. I am pretty sure the image is from KSP 2, maybe from Rask and Rusk. @Nate Simpson can you confirm that this meme (it's a good meme too by the way) is shot in KSP 2?

Instagram Post

P.S. I still don't know how to post images on this forum so a link will have to do. 

certainly looks like KSP 2 to me. honestly, outside of the meme, this has got me feeling optimistic. This is the third bit of "new KSP 2" stuff we've gotten in the span of less than a week, which definitly means good things. So yeah, I'm feeling up! What do you think?

Edited by Turtlegirl1209

4 minutes ago, Turtlegirl1209 said:

certainly looks like KSP 2 to me. honestly, outside of the meme, this has got me feeling optimistic. This is the third bit of "new KSP 2" stuff we've gotten in the span of less than a week, which definitly means good things. What do you think?

Yes that's kinda how I have been feeling. Seems like a very slight uptick in new news.

47 minutes ago, Turtlegirl1209 said:

certainly looks like KSP 2 to me. honestly, outside of the meme, this has got me feeling optimistic. This is the third bit of "new KSP 2" stuff we've gotten in the span of less than a week, which definitly means good things. What do you think?

Based on past patterns, there should be a new feature video within the month, which is exciting.

I also think that this is probably rask/rusk given what we know about the planets, but I do wanna keep in mind that there are (presulably) a lot of planets we dont know about, i would guess at least ten, but truth is we have no way of knowing. That also gets me a little excited too, we have so much yet to learn! Of course that will be the case until well after the game actually launches, no matter what. 

1 hour ago, Vanamonde said:

Where can those of us who do not insta our grams see this picture? 

I don't have an Instagram account and when I clicked the link in the OP I saw the image.

3 hours ago, jastrone said:

the third? i have only seen that video about a rocket launching and this. what more?

My turn to not know of one (Great marketing, KSP2 guys) but I don't think I know of this video and there is no new video posted to YouTube (Probably unlisted like all their videos) or a mention in Announcements here on their official forum.

7 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

Based on past patterns, there should be a new feature video within the month, which is exciting.

I've set up calendar dates based on a prediction by @whatsEJstandfor. Shame I can't remember where he made this prediction, but if a feature video comes out before the 23rd of September, his prediction was right on the money.

Edited by intelliCom

4 hours ago, Superfluous J said:

I don't have an Instagram account and when I clicked the link in the OP I saw the image.

I get:

Spoiler

7wiurVv.png

Which, I will admit, is something I've never seen in KSP before.

Weird I get the image, and a bunch of images, and at the top I've got a LOG IN button and a SIGN UP button indicating I'm not logged in (or in fact even signed up).

Who knows. I won't pretend to understand how it works as I'm not even a customer of theirs little alone a representative.

But it underscores the importance of KSP, Priviate Division, or Take Two being the owners of the site this stuff is posted on. Too bad they don't have a site already up and running that thousands of their fans visit every single day.

Too bad they don't have a site already up and running that thousands of their fans visit every single day.

Kind of makes me miss the days when information was posted across a dozen different unlinked sites, and people had to rely on threads that consolidated the updates if they wanted any sort of coherent idea of what was happening.

:rolleyes:

It'd make sense if KSP2 had different biomes with actual hazards/benefits. We already know they're not going back to the 'all purpose ore' for the sequel. If there were actual dangerous terrains that Kerbals could get caught up in, it adds a whole new dimension to the idea of colonization. Too dangerous? Too hot? Too many lava flows?

14 hours ago, intelliCom said:

I've set up calendar dates based on a prediction by @whatsEJstandfor. Shame I can't remember where he made this prediction, but if a feature video comes out before the 23rd of September, his prediction was right on the money.

That was here:

I just called my bookie in Vegas and they confirmed that my money is still on this Friday, 9/9