Using parts to make IVA props

Hi all,

As I'm not a blender guru, nor a coder (cfg tinkerer only) is it possible to use ksp parts as props? So for example, take say the mark1-3 part model, shrink it, and place it as a prop in the IVA for say the rover as a little model.

53 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

I don't see why that wouldn't work - except there might be a flag to set in the model (so that it is a prop - shows on the correct layer?)

I'll have to give it a go.  My parts that i mkae are often 'welded' so this is a way of populating an iva without expecting an additional mod

Yeah... Parts are usually on Layer 0... Props are on either 16 or 20, depending on whether you want them to show or be hodden in the portrait camera.

You can use a hex editor to edit that directly in the .mu file... No 3d modelling program required.

Tho there may be other stuff in the mu, that may cause issues, if not edited.

Edited by Stone Blue

On 9/7/2022 at 6:24 AM, Stone Blue said:

Yeah... Parts are usually on Layer 0... Props are on either 16 or 20, depending on whether you want them to show or be hodden in the portrait camera.

You can use a hex editor to edit that directly in the .mu file... No 3d modelling program required.

Tho there may be other stuff in the mu, that may cause issues, if not edited.

I love hex editors. :D everything is code, right Neo?

Spoiler

f7bd98da079046af-matrix-code-tumblr.gif&

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.