Find a nice location on kerbin!

To do this challenge you must find a nice spot on kerbin and take a picture. Once you have taken a picture you must provide coordinates. Finally, a judge will visit the coordinates in their own game and give you a rating on a scale of 1/10. 1 being a generic, uninteresting spot on kerbin, 10 being one of the most beautiful place you have ever seen in ksp.

Rules:
1. All mods are welcome other than planet packs.
2. You must give the coordinates of the location.
3. Alt+f12/vessel mover is considered cheating.
4. Kraken drives and other glitches are ok.
5. images are required (Obviously!)
6Please don't use locations you get from kayak club

Once you find a spot, make sure to say what category your vehicle fits in.

Boats leaderboard:

Spoiler

Planes leaderboard:

Spoiler

Helicopters leaderboard:

Spoiler

VTOLs leaderboard:

Spoiler

Rovers/cars leaderboard:

Spoiler

Rocket leaderboard:

Spoiler

SSTO leaderboard (Must be shown in orbit):

Spoiler

Edited by Rutabaga22

4 hours ago, Thundrevv said:

Do Visual mods make a difference

Because, say, if there was someone with no visual mods, and then someone else with AVP with 48k Kerbin clouds etc., and they found the same spot, or the one without mods found a better spot, would it make a difference

I will attempt to ignore visual mods by only judging the spot based on what it looks like in my heavily modded install.

On 9/10/2022 at 1:04 PM, Rutabaga22 said:

I will attempt to ignore visual mods by only judging the spot based on what it looks like in my heavily modded install.

Well, that doesn't seem very fair.  What is the point of finding a spot on a Kerbin we think is awesome when we have no idea what that spot looks like on YOUR install?

34 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Well, that doesn't seem very fair.  What is the point of finding a spot on a Kerbin we think is awesome when we have no idea what that spot looks like on YOUR install?

It's meant to be balanced because they are all being judged based on my install, if I judged it off of your image there would be too much variation. 

• 9 months later...

0ci98Gfh.jpg

I call this valley north of KSC 'Shangri La'. This shot is from about 3/4 up from the bottom of the valley and is looking almost directly South towards KSC.

Flown here in a modified Aeris 3A to carry a passenger photographer. Location: 36' 2'' 11 N  ,  74' 49'' 37 W

It also hosts a monolith!

Edited by Death Engineering

On 7/14/2023 at 1:19 AM, Death Engineering said:

0ci98Gfh.jpg

I call this valley north of KSC 'Shangri La'. This shot is from about 3/4 up from the bottom of the valley and is looking almost directly South towards KSC.

Flown here in a modified Aeris 3A to carry a passenger photographer. Location: 36' 2'' 11 N  ,  74' 49'' 37 W

It also hosts a monolith!

Lmao I was there when rover travel '22
VXy4uCi.jpeg

yotODXg.jpeg
(and this is same ranges view from south) damn it looks better in Parallax2

Edited by FormosaT_9

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.