[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

Hey there :)

I have been hunting in the OPM thread and this one for Parallax configs for the Outer Planets Mod. 

I only saw mentions of people working on them, but have not been able to find an actual link to OPM configs. So I figure my best bet is to just ask, does anyone know of an actual Parallax configs for OPM download?

Many thanks!

Im on 1.11 and I recently installed the latest version of Parallax that was the one prior to 1.12. Im curious. Were things made to be brighter in this version? Because I always thought planets looked a little dim. Especially the Mun. Now its proper blinding in full sunlight. I like it.

On 7/11/2021 at 12:19 PM, Dominiquini said:

I do that and now is much better! I'm getting around 40 fps in that same location!

I only test this new settings on the runaway and over some mountains next by, and not see  difference in quality! This lower settings will degrade the quality in another areas?

Thanks.

Another subject:

Sometimes I see some floating objects, appears to be trees:

6HYFnLk.jpg

Someone else have this problem?

Thanks.

Indeed.  Completely removing the incorrectly floating scatters is expensive, so Kopernicus's default settings let 1-2 through on occasion in a compromise for performance.

If you want them eliminated entirely, you can set ScatterCleanupDeleta to 1 or zero in Kopernicus_Config.cfg, example:

ScatterCleanupDelta = 1

You can also set it to anything under 10, with varying tradeoffs in incorrect scatter spawn quantity vs performance.  Be advised the setting that completely fixes it ("1") is rather expensive to FPS, which is why we implement a compromise by default.

I've been following this thread since first release but did not dare to try out this mod on my ancient (12+ yrs) machine.  Until 1.12 started wrecking ships and made some planes jump around like bitten by a snake in my career game. I tried to narrow down if there's a mod responsible for those problems(it's not). But hey, I was on the edge of throwing KSP out the window anyway and had made a seperate installation, so it decided to try it out. Then a big smile went over my face! Never thought it would run decently on a GTX660 full of years old dust, but it surely does! And it does run pretty smoothly as long a there are not too many lights around. I was very impressed, and I still am.

Thank you very much @Gameslinx, for making my day. This fine mod almost made me forget the annoyances with KSP 1.12.1 :) Keep up the great work!

Edited by plonk

I've been working on Parallax Asteroids:

NOKQgxy.png

FZBVki4.png

They come with emissive effects, bringing back the legendary Magic Boulder from many updates ago...

TaVCgdn.png

K88psZs.png

9qMwxb9.png

Each colour signifies a benefit that the asteroid can provide to your craft. This can be toggled on or off in the settings. For example, asteroids that glow blue will generate small amounts of electric charge. These benefits can be combined by connecting asteroids together into large bases and can assist in large asteroid bases that resupply ships. I wanted to include a gameplay aspect since I'm introducing a huge diversity in asteroid types. This'll allow for improved asteroid exploration if you decide to enable it.

I'm also experimenting with organic asteroids that spawn very rarely which include a science experiment which rewards a fair amount of science:

hY4l71u.png

Happy hunting :) 

14 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I've been working on Parallax Asteroids:

NOKQgxy.png

FZBVki4.png

They come with emissive effects, bringing back the legendary Magic Boulder from many updates ago...

TaVCgdn.png

K88psZs.png

9qMwxb9.png

Each colour signifies a benefit that the asteroid can provide to your craft. This can be toggled on or off in the settings. For example, asteroids that glow blue will generate small amounts of electric charge. These benefits can be combined by connecting asteroids together into large bases and can assist in large asteroid bases that resupply ships. I wanted to include a gameplay aspect since I'm introducing a huge diversity in asteroid types. This'll allow for improved asteroid exploration if you decide to enable it.

I'm also experimenting with organic asteroids that spawn very rarely which include a science experiment which rewards a fair amount of science:

hY4l71u.png

Happy hunting :) 

Awesome! This could be a mod all on its own!

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

I wish this was a seperate mod so my potato doesnt fry :(

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

For example, asteroids that glow blue will generate small amounts of electric charge.

Sounds like the protomolecule to me... Finally a mod to make a Kerbalized Phoebe Station

A2kQ.gif

Edited by thunder175

On 7/18/2021 at 12:41 AM, thunder175 said:

Sounds like the protomolecule to me... Finally a mod to make a Kerbalized Phoebe Station

On 7/18/2021 at 7:32 AM, DirtyFace83 said:

Hopefully those blue glowy asteroids won't crash into Eve....

unknown.png

unknown.png

Yes, those blue particles do slowly orbit the asteroid ;) 

screenshot5.png?width=1075&height=605

I've been trying to troubleshoot this for a while to no success

Edit: Solved it. Doesn't work with EVE's City Lights (which honestly is fine with me, I just hadn't gotten around to removing it yet from this copy of the game)

Edited by Xaxutsu
Solved

Im not sure if this is a Parallax issue, but I figure ill ask here. This is on 1.11 with Parallax version 1.3.0. Im having some bad fps lag when landing on the Mun. Ive not gotten the chance to try other bodies. It happens only with engines running very close to the surface. Other then that everything runs fine. There are no nullrefs. Everything looks okay in the console. This particular craft has alot of engines for a lander. Six all using Waterfall. I do not have Engine Lighting installed nor Planetshine. Any ideas?

Edited by Motokid600

2 hours ago, Kerbal Productions said:

It already is turned on, there are rocks that I can't collide with that comes with the Terrain Scatters.

Installed form CKAN, btw

@Kerbal Productions What you are seeking is currently only found on the previous version of this mod (Parallax v1.2.3).  It is great but it has known bugs which you can read from previous posts (dated around  APR/MAY 2021).  Here is the post in regards you do not find this feature (physics) in the latest version (v1.3.0): 

Hope that helps you.

Edited by THX-1138