[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

On 12/28/2021 at 8:23 AM, Gameslinx said:

I hope to get it running in-game but so far this is more of a "proof-of-concept". Definitely not inspired by the grass coming to KSP2 ;)

Looks amazing! I am excited by the other potential applications as well!

Hey all, I have an update on the grass and scatter system I've been developing!

I won't say much, but I'll post some pictures. Performance is much better than I expected and I'm excited to show you guys much more :). The models for the trees will not be the final model, they're just there for proof-of-concept!

sPNiZzy.jpg

fEp8TSj.jpg

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

I won't say much, but I'll post some pictures. Performance is much better than I expected and I'm excited to show you guys much more :). The models for the trees will not be the final model, they're just there for proof-of-concept!

sPNiZzy.jpg

fEp8TSj.jpg

This looks like an entirely different game. Awesome work!!

Hi. Any planets looks good, but kerbin. Something gone wrond and i can't explane whot. Anyone have idea? (last version of Kerbin, parallax and kopernicus) I see previous post where said  thats probably can work wrong with "CityLigts" and was remove it but it not help

DyESIzADfc4.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

On 1/7/2022 at 8:47 PM, Gameslinx said:

sPNiZzy.jpg

fEp8TSj.jpg

Amazing! The grass looks so realistic! 

Is there a way to temporarily turn off the mod? I find it wonderful everywhere but Kerbin, where I rarely spend any time other than in orbit. Given the problems with EVE's City Lights rendering, I would like to be able to turn it off while flying above Kerbin, and then turn it back on when approaching the Mun etc.

Has anyone had this happen to their terrain using Parallax? I've been having this issue for a while now, and I was curious to know if there was a fix to it, or if it's because of a conflicting mod? Thank you for any assistance! Not to be rude. jdEQQjK.png

1 minute ago, Brandon10044 said:

Has anyone had this happen to their terrain using Parallax? I've been having this issue for a while now, and I was curious to know if there was a fix to it, or if it's because of a conflicting mod? Thank you for any assistance! Not to be rude. jdEQQjK.png

This is EVE's city lights conflicting. To fix, you can remove the city lights folder

16 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

This is EVE's city lights conflicting. To fix, you can remove the city lights folder

That did it! Thank you so much for the help, friend! Have a good day! Not to be rude.

Edited by Brandon10044

Having some issues again at KSC. Something like this happened before (back a few pages) after I played a while and returned to KSC. It's persistent when I enter/ leave the editor. Also just noticed the Mun has some ghost visible through the ground. Anybody else? Parallax 1.3.1 on KSP 1.12.3

Spoiler

gd4LgTE.png

QLyKAEc.png

YRege7Q.jpg

8 hours ago, Krazy1 said:

Having some issues again at KSC. Something like this happened before (back a few pages) after I played a while and returned to KSC. It's persistent when I enter/ leave the editor. Also just noticed the Mun has some ghost visible through the ground. Anybody else? Parallax 1.3.1 on KSP 1.12.3

Hide contents

gd4LgTE.png

QLyKAEc.png

YRege7Q.jpg

Your ground textures don't look like Parallax is installed (or working). Can you upload your KSP.log?

On 1/9/2022 at 1:05 PM, Quutamo said:

Hi. Any planets looks good, but kerbin. Something gone wrond and i can't explane whot.

You need to make sure that in your scatterer settings you have the depth buffer setting enabled

On 1/14/2022 at 5:02 AM, Gameslinx said:

Your ground textures don't look like Parallax is installed (or working). Can you upload your KSP.log?

Well, it's working fine most of the time. The textures are certainly better on the Mun and Minmus. Kerbin is better too but it's more subtle. I've only seen issues at KSC. It doesn't seem to happen early in a session - I have to play a while. Here's a log of my present session, still playing (good so far). 

KSP log

There is an EXC on Parallax at every scene change.

[LOG 08:48:40.091] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to FLIGHT (Async) =====================
[EXC 08:48:40.461] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Parallax.ParallaxInFlightOperations.Update () (at <cb0720cb81c84273b2cb8a73f9c5d3d9>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

There are several of these exceptions when jumping to a ship with KAC

[LOG 08:48:49.443] [Kopernicus] Using Kopernicus Asteroid Spawner.
[EXC 08:48:50.067] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Atmosphere.CloudsPQS+<DelayedCheckForSphereInactive>d__28.MoveNext () (at <344479ccb68743409608815de7dc27b3>:0)
	UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

UPDATE:
it happened again after playing several hours. I was about to do a maneuver and I saw the orbit lines moving when the throttle was off... stock KSP bug. So I quickly went to KSC (standard method I use to stop the orbit changing when it does this) and it took longer than normal to load KSC and then it looked.... well just look at the last 3 pics:

album

KSP log

Edited by Krazy1
UPDATE

I know I've already seen a few people mention this, but there haven't been any updates on it. I was wondering if anyone has made a Parallax config for OPM yet? It would feel out of place to have amazing surfaces on every surface except for those outside of Jool. Makes me treat the two as mutually exclusive mods.

9 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Here's some more progress on the scatter system I'm working on. Over the last month I managed to get large scale objects working properly on Kerbin. I added some roses, daisies and ferns to go with them :)

Wow, what a difference that makes to the normally featureless landscapes I'm familiar with!

Hello, been trying to get back to KSP and did fresh install, with nothing but parallax and dependencies installed log gets filled with parallax errors and there's no visual displacement, is this off or working as intended?

Spoiler

unknown.png

Log.txt

Edited by Gosye