[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

This might be a silly question, and this might be the wrong place to ask. 

But, If I am using this, as well as Eve Redux, Astronomer's, Scatter, and such. I assume that I need to install all of those with their own configs and then Parallax with it's configs, and then I also need Kopernicus to boot, right? Or am I misunderstanding how all of this works together?

3 hours ago, priles said:

This might be a silly question, and this might be the wrong place to ask. 

But, If I am using this, as well as Eve Redux, Astronomer's, Scatter, and such. I assume that I need to install all of those with their own configs and then Parallax with it's configs, and then I also need Kopernicus to boot, right? Or am I misunderstanding how all of this works together?

Astronomer's visual pack is a graphical mod that depends on EVE and scaterer to work properly.

Unrelated, Parallax enhances greatly the planets' textures, and depends on Kopernicus to that end (as well as the mod parallax textures).

If you think you are missing a mod, I recommend using CKAN to make proper modded installs and avoid some headache.

6 hours ago, eberkain said:

So you are saying you did a clean install of KSP and then used CKAN to install only parallax and it was giving errors and not working?  

No I was saying as per original post I've installed parallax and dependencies , then answered question that I did so through CKAN,  I thought maybe textures got corrupted and downloaded parallax from github with same visual result so I asked here if its working since log was throwing errors and I wasn't sure what features current version has and how its supposed to look. What I didn't do though was re-download dependencies leaving those installed by CKAN from cache and listed as up to date. After clearing CKAN cache today and letting it download dependencies again mod is working with no issues. Great mod Gameslinx, thanks!

Hey all! Back with another update on the scattering system. I've done some optimizations and begun working on the other planets now. For those of you who will undoubtedly ask about colliders, the scatters are not collideable right now but it is something I will be looking into. I can just imagine driving a rover across the rocky Mun surface :)

unknown.png

I have also created an extensive UI to allow other planet makers to add their own scatters with ease

Edited by Gameslinx

On 1/27/2022 at 3:15 AM, Gameslinx said:

Hey all! Back with another update on the scattering system. I've done some optimizations and begun working on the other planets now. For those of you who will undoubtedly ask about colliders, the scatters are not collideable right now but it is something I will be looking into. I can just imagine driving a rover across the rocky Mun surface :)

unknown.png

I have also created an extensive UI to allow other planet makers to add their own scatters with ease

Looks awesome, can't wait to see this in game!

One humble question, can we expect a Beyond Home update to the newer Parallax and KSP versions anytime soon?

Hello, I'm super excited to get this going, but so far I can't get anything to show up. All the terrain textures look the same as before.

I'm trying a minimal modlist using CKAN on a fresh KSP install. I get the following error in my KSP.log:

[ERR 18:25:34.542] Unable to open archive file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/Parallax/Shaders/Wireframe-windows.unity3d

[ERR 18:25:34.542] Failed to read data for the AssetBundle 'Wireframe-windows.unity3d'.

[LOG 18:25:34.542] Failed to load bundle at
[LOG 18:25:34.542] Path: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/Parallax/Shaders/Wireframe-windows.unity3d

KSP.log

Edit: It seems to be affecting the textures but nothing else. My buddy is having the same result after also installing from CKAN.

Edited by Ares71
update

10 hours ago, redrem said:
So where and what version of kopernicus to download, so that paralax works on ksp 1.12.x.
None fit

The latest version works just fine. You can find it at: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-78. You will want the file  Kopernicus-1.12.1-78.zip

If you have trouble finding and installing dependencies, I suggest using CKAN. It will install the right version of Kopernicus automatically.

Edited by vinix

Hi there! Having some issues with this mod on KSP 1.12.2. Installed via CKAN alongside EVE, Scatterer, and AVP. My surface textures have certainly been improved, but the ground still seems flat and there's no scatter besides the stock scatter. Looking at my KSP.log, it seems to be throwing a constant stream of NRE's, as seen here:

[EXC 14:38:40.536] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	Parallax.ParallaxInFlightOperations.Update () (at <cb0720cb81c84273b2cb8a73f9c5d3d9>:0)
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

Nothing seems to look "broken", with the exception of the lack of surface features and texture.

I'm also having an issue where zooming close to certain bodies (for example, Moho) will turn the planet very dark. Not usre if Parallax is causing this or not, but I think it is.

Anyone know what's going on?

I haven't ended up removing the AVP city lights yet, as they're working fine. Could that be it?

On 1/26/2022 at 6:15 PM, Gameslinx said:

unknown.png

That does it. The moment this comes out, I'm installing and never uninstalling this, no matter my framerate.

Hello,

I installed Parallax and its stock textures, and get curiously extremely yellowish colors for Kerbin, and the texture granularity seems really large.
This is a stock KSP with just Kopernicus 81 and Parallax 1.3.1 installed as a check, and I have the same colors on a modded KSP:
captur12.jpg

Is it normal? Did I missed something? I'm comparing with this post as reference:

Is Parallax running well with Spectra?

Edited by ndiver