[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

On 1/27/2022 at 3:15 AM, Gameslinx said:

Hey all! Back with another update on the scattering system. I've done some optimizations and begun working on the other planets now. For those of you who will undoubtedly ask about colliders, the scatters are not collideable right now but it is something I will be looking into. I can just imagine driving a rover across the rocky Mun surface :)

unknown.png

I have also created an extensive UI to allow other planet makers to add their own scatters with ease

This is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen happen to this game. Thank you so much to you and all the dedication everyone in the KSP modding scene put in the efforts of making this game something that literally threatens to look almost better than its yet to be released successor :):)

Edited by Lijazos

33 minutes ago, Benzo Kerman said:

@Gameslinx Are there plans for some of the other planets to have a sc-fi look, or will it just be Eve? This looks incredible!

Eve was always the most "weird" planet, so none of the others will be like it. I do, however, want to experiment with undersea life on Laythe and crystals on some of the other planets

15 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I'm going for a more cartoony approach for Eve's scatters. I want the planet to feel alien with some strange flora. Oh, and bubbles - taking a page out of No Man's Sky

omg! :confused:

Can't wait to see the rest of the planets!

Incredible work! 

Spoiler
On 2/18/2022 at 8:22 PM, Gameslinx said:

I'm going for a more cartoony approach for Eve's scatters. I want the planet to feel alien with some strange flora. Oh, and bubbles - taking a page out of No Man's Sky

LFlAOrq.png

Wouwwww  Amazing! Love that... 

question: does this work with the newest version of ksp (1.12.3) as i am using this with the newest available version of kopernicus and upon starting ksp it gives me an error saying that this game version is unsupported and uppon loading there is no visible difference on kerbin. which is confusing me since to my understanding this version of ksp is supported

28 minutes ago, TaintedLion said:

I tried manually installing, still no displacement.

iB5g1qR.png

Dunno whether it's the RSS config. I'm using this fork of RSShttps://github.com/KSP-RO/RealSolarSystem/tree/parallax

not sure on my end either, im using it on stock ksp and neither manual or CKAN installs seem to work. ill see if i can get anything from the log files in a few

only error in the log file related to parallax is this:

[ERR 19:05:57.129] Unable to open archive file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/Parallax/Shaders/Wireframe-windows.unity3d

[ERR 19:05:57.129] Failed to read data for the AssetBundle 'Wireframe-windows.unity3d'.

[LOG 19:05:57.129] Failed to load bundle at
[LOG 19:05:57.129] Path: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/Parallax/Shaders/Wireframe-windows.unity3d

could this be causing the issue?

6 hours ago, x170doom said:

question: does this work with the newest version of ksp (1.12.3) as i am using this with the newest available version of kopernicus and upon starting ksp it gives me an error saying that this game version is unsupported and uppon loading there is no visible difference on kerbin. which is confusing me since to my understanding this version of ksp is supported

It is only a cosmetic error, just ignore this one. Parallax was surprisingly compatible with 1.12.x , and Linx didn't bother to roll an update for something this small (he is busy doing amazing things :D)

2 hours ago, x170doom said:

could it be something to do with a CKAN install. are there any known issues with CKAN

There are no known issues at the moment.

11 minutes ago, x170doom said:

only error in the log file related to parallax is this:

[ERR 19:05:57.129] Unable to open archive file: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/Parallax/Shaders/Wireframe-windows.unity3d

[ERR 19:05:57.129] Failed to read data for the AssetBundle 'Wireframe-windows.unity3d'.

[LOG 19:05:57.129] Failed to load bundle at
[LOG 19:05:57.129] Path: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64_Data/../GameData/Parallax/Shaders/Wireframe-windows.unity3d

could this be causing the issue?

The entire log on file sharing website would be more helpful. Try installing on a clean install to give a clear log. Maybe that could help fix your issue