[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

19 minutes ago, Nightside said:

Don't install the "_Scatters" folder. 

that doesn't seem to be possible with CKAN, but I can always delete it manually. The github README also notes that this is a required dependency, but I'm happy to test that theory... although I'll need to remember to delete the folder every time it updates.

Would be nice if this was an optional install!

BTW I fixed the related EVE issue: it's possible to select Eve (the planet) when using the tracking station, and from there the cloud config can be deleted.

Why wont parallax 2 work on steam installs? It works fine in all my other installs but my steam one. It just comes up with an error, the sun in the main menu appears and infinite loading whenever I open a world

Edit: example of the menu that pops up

unknown.png

Edited by JustDark
Adding an image

Parallax 2.0.1

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f

This is a live release. Please submit issues via GitHub's issues page https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/issues

Changelog:

Features:

• Partial support for OpenGL on Windows and Linux systems. MacOSX cannot be supported as Apple has discontinued support for OpenGL. Version 4.3 required.
  • Added Compute Shader 'Trim' to reduce memory usage by trimming the compute buffers that store the scatter data to their exact size.
  • Added new flowers to Kerbin
  • Added the ability to disable scatter shadow casting in the ParallaxGlobal.cfg for an added performance benefit and also work around shadows rendering on top of all geometry for OpenGL / Linux users

Changes:

• Reduced the size of the grass on Kerbin
  • Changed the model of the tall grass on Kerbin from using grass cards to actual geometry
  • Changed distribution of flora on Kerbin
  • Removed grass fade-in effect when regenerating scatters following user feedback
  • Significantly reduced VRAM usage (~40% reduction in what Parallax adds)

Fixes:

• Added installation check for the StockTextures folder
  • Improved stability of the colliders

Enjoy :) 

3 minutes ago, JonnyOThan said:

no change to ambient lighting in KSC? Or just slipped out of the patch notes?

The issue seems to run deeper than just the config in Parallax_StockTextures. I wanted to get this patch out for OpenGL and the colliders relatively quickly. The ambient lighting fix might come as a patch in the Parallax core download

40 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Update: I found out what's causing it... Massive facepalm. This has been in the mod for about 2 years lol. Will be hotfixing the latest release.

F3JNCTV.png

Fixed as of this message being sent.

It happens, not like I'd notice .... no worries GL at least it was easy right? :)

14 minutes ago, obnox twin said:

Hmmmm lets see if I can run it but what can I do to make it supported?

You'll need to somehow update your OpenGL version to 4.3.

The latest supported version by Apple is 4.1, which isn't enough to run compute shaders

11 minutes ago, Neebel said:

Parallax 2.0 is awesome, congrats on the release! You got me playing KSP again after a break.

Quick question though, Planetshine is still not recommended to use alongside Parallax, right?

It's not ideal because of the lag it can produce, but it seems to be setting dependent. I'm not sure what those settings are, though

10 minutes ago, Neon_Ducky2452 said:

I can't find any scatters on Minmus and Ike, but on other planets that I've landed the Scatters work perfectly. Is this a bug, and how to fix it?

Minmus only has scatters on the highlands for now. Ike has scatters everywhere. A common cause for this is your settings.cfg contains junk from previous planet mods

What fixes this for most people is:

1. Delete Settings.cfg
  2. Launch the game to the main menu, set all of your settings correctly. Make sure terrain detail is set to High
  3. Restart the game

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

Minmus only has scatters on the highlands for now. Ike has scatters everywhere. A common cause for this is your settings.cfg contains junk from previous planet mods

What fixes this for most people is:

1. Delete Settings.cfg
  2. Launch the game to the main menu, set all of your settings correctly. Make sure terrain detail is set to High
  3. Restart the game

Hey, I'm really loving parallax 2! Unfortunately I'm also suffering from this problem (Minmus, Ike, Tylo and most of Bop are missing scatter for me) and this fix didn't work. I even tried it on a completely fresh stock install of the game and got the same result

22 hours ago, JustDark said:

Why wont parallax 2 work on steam installs? It works fine in all my other installs but my steam one. It just comes up with an error, the sun in the main menu appears and infinite loading whenever I open a world

Edit: example of the menu that pops up

unknown.png

I have the same problem, pls help, i'd also tried to install ksp 1.12.1 and 1.12.2 in the steam but it didn't help

4 hours ago, ROCKETGOOSE said:

Hey, I'm really loving parallax 2! Unfortunately I'm also suffering from this problem (Minmus, Ike, Tylo and most of Bop are missing scatter for me) and this fix didn't work. I even tried it on a completely fresh stock install of the game and got the same result

Same. It's those exact 4 bodies for me too.

7 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

It's not ideal because of the lag it can produce, but it seems to be setting dependent. I'm not sure what those settings are, though

I have Planetshine, not sure if I even touched its settings ... will look later...