[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

5 hours ago, Kerbin Launch Coalition said:

Yes it's not present using TUFX.

HOWEVER, that said it also isn't present in stock (With Parallax) and KS3P, that's the setup I am using, rescaled stock with Outer Planets and Minor Planets. 

I see, Im using Scatterer, DistantObject, EVE with AVP as far as graphical changes go.    I appreciate that you recognized the issue, swapping from KS3P to TUFX resolved the issue.  It appears that KS3P doesnt have an update from the last version I had.

8 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

This problem doesn't happen with TUFX, which is the successor to KS3P

Thank you for that recommendation, guessing by your choice word "successor" its safe to assume KS3P is no longer getting any love?  This did resolve that issue for me, the saturation at the KSC is gone as well.  Theres a bit of a difference in the looks I'll have to adjust to or figure out how to configure the profiles for now.   Thanks again for the help!

9 hours ago, GrimT said:

I see, Im using Scatterer, DistantObject, EVE with AVP as far as graphical changes go.    I appreciate that you recognized the issue, swapping from KS3P to TUFX resolved the issue.  It appears that KS3P doesnt have an update from the last version I had.

Thank you for that recommendation, guessing by your choice word "successor" its safe to assume KS3P is no longer getting any love?  This did resolve that issue for me, the saturation at the KSC is gone as well.  Theres a bit of a difference in the looks I'll have to adjust to or figure out how to configure the profiles for now.   Thanks again for the help!

You'll encounter the same issue with KS3P and Ad Astra for JNSQ. 

Fantastic Mod, really a game-changer!

I have a request for the mod author, can we have a patch for Eve to remove only the bubbles but leaving the plants? Eve with bubbles reminds me of those anomaly planets on No mans Sky with bubbles everywere, hehe.

16 hours ago, Kerbin Launch Coalition said:

You'll encounter the same issue with KS3P and Ad Astra for JNSQ. 

I tried to use Ad Astra for JNSQ and JUST Ad Astra, and i got a issue that there was no atmospheric scattering and clouds on "Kerbin:wink:" , although this is best brought up on the JNSQ and Ad Astra threads:joy:.

Im sorry for asking a question that's probably been answered, but my searching of the subject eludes me. I am suffering from an FPS issue, but only on the surface with multiple engines running. The usual suspects of visual mods. Restock, waterfall, etc. Full list. Oh and Magpie reflections as opposed to TURD.

LOG.

Edited by Motokid600

10 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

Im sorry for asking a question that's probably been answered, but my searching of the subject eludes me. I am suffering from an FPS issue, but only on the surface with multiple engines running. The usual suspects of visual mods. Restock, waterfall, etc. Full list. Oh and Magpie reflections as opposed to TURD.

LOG.

What’s your pixel light count set to?  Try decreasing it. 

2 hours ago, Cozmicbot said:

Hey quick question, my game after downloading parallax like how you said now will not load, I have an acer nitro 5 with 16gigs of ram and an intel core i5 11th gen with a rtx 3050 inside, can you help? 

Check the troubleshooting section on the first post, and if you can’t figure it out then post your logs somewhere.

8 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Its set to yes. :P Ill try lowering it, ty. I know Parallax can chug with alot of lights and because of that I avoided Engine Lighting. Yet I suppose they still give off some kind of light. Maybe its Waterfall?

Yes, waterfall includes lights on each engine.  You can turn that off globally in waterfall's config file too.

Amazing mod, i am totaly in for it!

However i do play with upscaled Planets  x10.625, and this makes the terrain scatter look extremely thined out (oh what a  big surprise here :confused:).

Are there any settings or changes to your config to make it look closer to what i get on a vanilla sized kerbin? Or would this require more active modding?

36 minutes ago, Filigan said:

Amazing mod, i am totaly in for it!

However i do play with upscaled Planets  x10.625, and this makes the terrain scatter look extremely thined out (oh what a  big surprise here :confused:).

Are there any settings or changes to your config to make it look closer to what i get on a vanilla sized kerbin? Or would this require more active modding?

Increase the density multiplier in ParallaxGlobal.cfg. You should set it to the square of your rescale value, but 100x is probably far too much. I've seen people using 40x density 

Ah yes, i should have clarified that i have already played arroudn with that one, i was just hoping i might have overlooked something to make it work  properly. Ihave also found this very same discusion a couple of pages back, i must have missed it when i first skimmed the pages for answers.

Anyway thanks for the reply!

1 hour ago, Jagger73 said:

Can't get it to work after an hour of troubleshooting. No error message and text of parallax being enabled is displayed on the loading screen, hoping someone can help me out. Thanks.

KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tneSQlhYs2dy5etDpHu-BQS6NkW70Iov/view?usp=sharing

This might be a dumb question, but have you tried launching a craft on the runway or launch pad? You will not see trees until you are in the flight sccene.

You have installed Parallax correctly from what the log tells me. Double check that the _Scatters folder exists in Parallax_StockTextures amongst all of the other stuff in there.

Greetings! I encountered a problem that is occasionally Severe FPS drop when approaching  ground surface, and It get worse when I switching to the IVA interface, my gamedata is around 8G, I'm using the RTX 3060 and 12th i5CPU so I assumed that is not hardware Problem... how can I fix this this?:(

3 hours ago, jebycheek said:

Greetings! I encountered a problem that is occasionally Severe FPS drop when approaching  ground surface, and It get worse when I switching to the IVA interface, my gamedata is around 8G, I'm using the RTX 3060 and 12th i5CPU so I assumed that is not hardware Problem... how can I fix this this?:(

There’s a performance section in the troubleshooting block in the OP.

Hello I wanted to say I just played, after not having played for a year or so.. and the moon is so fun. I got lost in all the rocks I couldn't see my vessel and I felt the terror and it was great. Also now I am wandering about the science rocks, how do I distinguish so I can science them out? is there a mod for that or how are you guys doing. thanks.

19 hours ago, Agustin said:

Hello I wanted to say I just played, after not having played for a year or so.. and the moon is so fun. I got lost in all the rocks I couldn't see my vessel and I felt the terror and it was great. Also now I am wandering about the science rocks, how do I distinguish so I can science them out? is there a mod for that or how are you guys doing. thanks.

If you use scansat, you can use the BTDT too locate the rocks/craters to visit.

if not there is a cheat setting to show you their location too, can turn on / off at leisure.

Can I possibly remove foliage and rocks on surfaces I want to build a KerbalKonstructs structures on? Is it possible to remove these objects when there is a KerbalKonstructs structure?

Last thing, is a feature where foliage and rocks are automatically removed when there is a KerbalKonstructs structure on the surface?

3 hours ago, iterationAstro said:

Can I possibly remove foliage and rocks on surfaces I want to build a KerbalKonstructs structures on? Is it possible to remove these objects when there is a KerbalKonstructs structure?

Last thing, is a feature where foliage and rocks are automatically removed when there is a KerbalKonstructs structure on the surface?

KK has a MapDecal feature for removing scatters.  That should work for parallax too.