[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

Hi there, just upgraded to my first gaming pc. Naturally I did the first thing you'd expect and installed parallax/scattera/EVE/spectra, but it has persistently opened in "low" settings. I'm using a 1080 (non ti), so I think I would be able to run settings on high/ultra. How do I change the settings?

Hey everyone, I'm having an issue with installation of Parallax. I followed the instructions but not much happens. I get the trees and grass, however that's all that changes for me. I don't get a cloud texture or anything special, it just looks like stock KSP with some trees and grass, the ground texture looks the same besides this. Am I missing other mods? Or is the mod not compatible with 1.12.5? 

This is a fresh install with no other mods.

Stock:

P5SnREb.png

After Parallax:

PkAHmto.png

My settings are:
L2t50cO.png

It seems like I'm missing something. I tried to install using both CKAN and manual installation, same results both times. Any ideas?

KSP.log

Edited by notahore24
Added KSP.log

13 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Clouds are provided by the Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux mod. You might also want to add in the Scatterer mod as well. All on CKAN  

Perfect! After I posted this I found out about Scatterer, had to drop down to 1.12.4 but that helped out tremendously! Thank you! I will check out Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (I'm assuming this is EVE that was being asked about)

1 minute ago, notahore24 said:

Perfect! After I posted this I found out about Scatterer, had to drop down to 1.12.4 but that helped out tremendously! Thank you! I will check out Environmental Visual Enhancements Redux (I'm assuming this is EVE that was being asked about)

You shouldn't have to downgrade versions.  If CKAN doesn't think it's compatible, you can go to settings -> compatible game versions and check 1.12.

Hi, this is an incredible mod, but I think I discovered a bug, when you land on the south pole of Kerbin, the ground is not at the correct level, see picture below:

QvTjnFt.jpeg

YU19j4Q.jpeg

This is the first time I've posted on these forums after so many years of playing this game, English is not my first language so I'm sorry if there are any grammar mistakes.

Edited by Anthares

Two questions:

1. Is it possible to increase the view distance of trees/grass? It can be jarring when they just suddenly end.

2. It seems like when a gun in BDArmory is fired at the ground or an explosion happens, it creates a weird lighting effect in the shape of a rectangle, any ideas why this is happening? I've only seen this behavior with Parallax installed.

SPVJxiP.png

I am trying to enable Tessellation on Parallax in KSP 1.12.5 and I'm unable to set my Terrain Shader Quality to Ultra, when I set it and apply and accept the settings, it doesn't change. If I set it in the settings.cfg file Parallax says it is in Ultra and that Tessellation is enabled but when I load a save it is not enabled and the setting is back to High. Anyone ever run into this issue?

Edited by DevCo

Hi, for some reason my grass looks like this on kerbin. (Rest of foliage is glitched aswell) This doesn't apply to any other body, just kerbin. Also, foliage isn't always like this - for some reason after a few launches it switches from normal looking to weird black blades of grass. After I added the mod 'Kopernicus Expansion', this issue started occurring. 

screenshot1520

On 1/19/2023 at 10:58 PM, Anthares said:

Hi, this is an incredible mod, but I think I discovered a bug, when you land on the south pole of Kerbin, the ground is not at the correct level, see picture below:

QvTjnFt.jpeg

YU19j4Q.jpeg

This is the first time I've posted on these forums after so many years of playing this game, English is not my first language so I'm sorry if there are any grammar mistakes.

Hello and welcome! My suggestion it to do this: edit the default config file and enable the collisions I don't know why this is not the default...

Its the first thing that I do after install it...

e5KUYrJ.png

Hi there, absolutely gorgeous mod, thank you.

I'm trying to play with it and RSS, I would like to add rocks to the Moon, but without success, maybe someone can give me some insights.

What I've done so far:

- In  Parallax/Exports/Mun.cfg : renamed body = Mun by body = Moon
- In Parallax_StockTextures/ParallaxTerrain.cfg: renamed name = Mun by name = Moon
-
Deleted RealSolarSystem/Compatibility/Parallax/Parallax.cfg

But Moon surface seems desperately flat.

qFyjSHB.pngQL8VJt7.png

Guten Tag, i have a problem with parallax on ksp version 1.12.5 , i installed kopernicus 1.12.1-143 (latest), Parallax 2.0.6 (latest) with Parallax_StockTextures and Parallax_ScatterTextures. Extracted everything and dragged it into the GameData folder of the ksp game folder (i never downloaded a mod before but there only was a "Squad" folder before i dragged the parallax files and kopernicus in there, idk if thats normal). Everything went flawless but when i start the game (and set my Terrain Detail to High and my Terrain Shader Quality to High either) there are no trees, no beautiful water, everything just looks the same. Can anyone help me what i could've done wrong?

10 hours ago, zphilip said:

Guten Tag, i have a problem with parallax on ksp version 1.12.5 , i installed kopernicus 1.12.1-143 (latest), Parallax 2.0.6 (latest) with Parallax_StockTextures and Parallax_ScatterTextures. Extracted everything and dragged it into the GameData folder of the ksp game folder (i never downloaded a mod before but there only was a "Squad" folder before i dragged the parallax files and kopernicus in there, idk if thats normal). Everything went flawless but when i start the game (and set my Terrain Detail to High and my Terrain Shader Quality to High either) there are no trees, no beautiful water, everything just looks the same. Can anyone help me what i could've done wrong?

Hi zphilip, parallax should display during the loading screen, what it says?
Also, when in ship or map view, CTRL+P should displays Parallax configurator GUI.

Edited by lowki

7 hours ago, lowki said:

Hi zphilip, parallax should display during the loading screen, what it says?
Also, when in ship or map view, CTRL+P should displays Parallax configurator GUI.

Hi lowki,

actually, there isn't parallax showing during the loading screen. And when I press Ctrl + P in game it just says "Error Body Kerbin is not parallax configured" (idk how to insert a screenshot)

Hello Guys, I'm having a problem with Parallax... Everytime I start KSP it says "unable to locate ParallaxQualityLibrary.dll". I went to the files and found it, but it was in the right place. I followed all instructions and I don't know why this is happening. I'm on Epic Games by the way, just saying if it affects it. I'm really hoping for an answer.