[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

2 hours ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

Time to start playing "Find the Craft!"

My first post for this will be my “log cabin” in the woods.

So exciting 

2 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

screenshot131.png

Hide contents

screenshot129.pngscreenshot214.pngscreenshot146.png

Edit: Forgive my lack of knowledge, Is this native parallax? Any other mods in these pictures? 

Edited by NBDesigns

1 hour ago, Motokid600 said:

Wait.. has there been a new release? Github says no. But the pictures above and in the OP say yes.

The release is in the next few days, but I'm bringing the forum and github pages in line with it in advance. The release was meant to be today, but I'm currently dealing with a false copyright claim on YouTube for the trailer, and won't be releasing until that is cleared

Edited by Gameslinx

5 hours ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

There's a new release currently in beta, which you can get if you pay for it. It'll be free on release though.

Everything is in the GitHub repo if you want to compile it yourself :D

Edited by ballisticfox0

11 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

The release is in the next few days, but I'm bringing the forum and github pages in line with it in advance. The release was meant to be today, but I'm currently dealing with a false copyright claim on YouTube for the trailer, and won't be releasing until that is cleared

Arrrgh, I suck at compiling myself. There's always something .... Screw these false copyright scammers ...

I am uploading the release now. Due to file sizes (3.8GB), I can't upload the stock textures in one go to GitHub.

I have split the stock textures, scatter textures, and plugins into separate downloads. This means CKAN won't be able to install Parallax properly for a short while until the metadata is sorted out which I am looking into now. I can't change this until after release

For anyone concerned about memory usage, fear not! Both the terrain textures and scatter textures use an OnDemand system so that you only load the textures for the planet that you are on

4 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I am uploading the release now. Due to file sizes (3.8GB), I can't upload the stock textures in one go to GitHub.

I have split the stock textures, scatter textures, and plugins into separate downloads. This means CKAN won't be able to install Parallax properly for a short while until the metadata is sorted out which I am looking into now. I can't change this until after release

For anyone concerned about memory usage, fear not! Both the terrain textures and scatter textures use an OnDemand system so that you only load the textures for the planet that you are on

Yay, and Congrats. This is truly one of the greatest KSP mods.

26 minutes ago, justaRegular911 said:

Yay, and Congrats. This is truly one of the greatest KSP mods.

26 minutes ago, GusToTheMoon said:

genuinely buzzing, finally laythe can look good in my playthrough!!!

Thank you both

Here's hoping release goes well and I haven't messed anything up because that would be embarrassing ;) 

(It worked when I clicked upload I swear!)

8 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Thank you both

Here's hoping release goes well and I haven't messed anything up because that would be embarrassing ;) 

(It worked when I clicked upload I swear!)

will probably be released by the time i even manage to get my KSP open lol, should've just waited to start it

Parallax 2.0.0

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f

This is a live release. Please submit issues via GitHub's issues page https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/issues

Changelog:

Features:

• Add new scatter system
  • Add surface objects for all landable planets and moons
  • New surface textures for the Mun and Duna

Changes:

• Updated AdvancedSubdivision which brings a 5ms frame time improvement on the CPU side
  • Optimized subdivision PQSMod to improve quad build times and reduce memory usage

Fixes:

• Fixed terrain visuals mismatching colliders
  • Fixed gaps in the ground appearing
  • Fixed stuttering on planets with large subdivision levels
  • Fixed exceptions caused by AdvancedSubdivision by rewriting it

There are many more changes but so many to detail here. I have listed the main ones.

Installation Instructions

• Download Parallax, Parallax_StockTextures and Parallax_ScatterTextures
    • Download the latest version of Kopernicus

• Install Kopernicus according to its installation instructions
    • Move the Parallax, Parallax_StockTextures and Parallax_ScatterTextures folders to your install's GameData folder

• Launch the game

• Ensure your 'terrain quality' is set to High

• Set your 'terrain shader quality' to your choosing. This will determine the quality of the Parallax terrain:

• Ultra enables terrain tessellation
      • High or below disables terrain tessellation
    • Enjoy :)

• You can adjust values in Parallax/Config/ParallaxGlobal.cfg to fine tune the quality vs performance to your liking

Thank you to everyone who made this release possible. And of course, there's a link to my Patreon in the OP ;) 

Enjoy!