[1.12.x] Parallax - PBR Terrain and Surface Objects [2.0.2]

Gameslinx

7 minutes ago, Socowez said:

How would I balance the scatters with rescale 2.5x?

I believe since the planet area increases by (2.5 * 2.5), you should increase set the density multiplier (in ParallaxGlobal.cfg) to 2.5 squared

Edited by Gameslinx

A heads-up for users on the CKAN front:

The 2.0.0 update of Parallax has been added to CKAN automatically, but it is not functional yet! Some pieces are broken or missing: the StockTextures module is installing the wrong file, and the StockScatterTextures module isn't available yet. We are hashing these issues out here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/NetKAN/pull/9319

DO NOT INSTALL PARALLAX 2.0.0 VIA CKAN YET.

I will post an all-clear message here when it's ready. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Tagging posters of subsequent CKAN questions FYI: @InterstellarKev

EDIT: The issues have been resolved.

Edited by HebaruSan

48 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

I will post an all-clear message here when it's ready. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.

Huge thanks for working through this. The updated zip version is uploading now. Sadly I could not do this earlier and have it all ready before release because GitHub was limiting the file size I could upload, so I had to split them in two which put a spanner in the works!

The Parallax_ScatterTxtures-2.0 downloads as that but extracts as the same name as the other folder Parallax_Stocktextures-2.0 I just replaced duplicate when moving to Gamedata folder but I am not sure if this is proper resolution or not.

3 minutes ago, minerbat said:

I have a weird issue. i installed it as the instructions say as far as i know and this happens when i open the game:

here is the game log if you need it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Oy1C4wj4Pi4j02sjbKG0lW4fuKyTjDR/view?usp=sharing

Easiest way to solve this is reinstall scatterer. I forgot the exact setting you have to change, it may be "merge depth pre pass" - set it to false. Reinstalling scatterer, however, should fix this anyway

screenshot15.png
Tried 2.5 rescale with densityMultiplier values pushed to 6.25 and it seem to work fine .
I wonder if i should change LoadRange and Range values aswell to match the density one .
Collider is a real game changer :)

Edited by ProCrast

2 minutes ago, zangonoid said:

they work pretty well but some rocks do not have it

The smallest rocks don't have colliders because they would be extremely annoying.

I am getting some reports that they are not working in some situations and I'm waiting on more feedback so I can pinpoint what is causing this. For the most part, they should work though. I will be monitoring this closely and fixing as soon as I find out the cause

1 minute ago, dok_377 said:

Does the new update only work in the latest version of the game? In 1.10 there is nasty performance drops and irregular spawning of the scatters. 

I have not tested 1.10, or 1.11. I am not developing mods for older version of the game, so you will need to update if things are working strangely

1 hour ago, Starship_Lover said:

This mod is awesome! but i have one issue, when i press C to toggle first person view all trees, grass etc. change their positions like they're locked on my position.

Please send a video. When hitting C to change the camera mode everything has to regenerate because the floating origin of the game changes and the objects need to then match this origin again. This is intended, but send a video if you think something wrong is happening