Add a optien to switch to the new ui to the old ui

34 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

That would waste time that could be spent just polishing the new UI. As I've previously elaborated on before, the KSP 1 UI is atrocious and there's no excuse for the fact Squad has barely touched it in the time they could have spent improving it.

I'd be inclined to agree, but providing the option to switch to KSP 1's UI's style would be nice. Though, I think this is better suited to be a mod than a stock feature.

Although, one aspect of UI I really do want to see being customisable in stock is the colours; individual colours for each section. Given how rocket parts are customisable down to specific hue, it'd be nice to give the UI the same kind of customisation love. Then again, this would also be more suitable as a mod than a stock feature.

11 minutes ago, intelliCom said:

I'd be inclined to agree, but providing the option to switch to KSP 1's UI's style would be nice. Though, I think this is better suited to be a mod than a stock feature.

May you elaborate on how that would be nice? The KSP 2 UI is much more efficient - the altimeter and velocity readouts don't have any reason to be on opposite sides of the screen, and the devs seem to acknowledge that. Maybe the KSP 1 UI could be a mod, but from the devs as per OP's idea? No. Nonono.

10 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

May you elaborate on how that would be nice? The KSP 2 UI is much more efficient - the altimeter and velocity readouts don't have any reason to be on opposite sides of the screen, and the devs seem to acknowledge that. Maybe the KSP 1 UI could be a mod, but from the devs as per OP's idea? No. Nonono.

I said UI style, not UI layout. That means old fonts, skeumorphism imagery, and that old familiar lime green text colour, all in the same layout as what KSP 2 already uses. Consider it more of a KSP 1 UI "theme". I absolutely agree that the old one is pretty clunky compared to the new one.

15 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Style yes, arrangement, no.

Basically, what @The Aziz just said.

Edited by intelliCom